List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What do the actual speed tests look like? We all know this is an "up to 42" like everyone else. What are tmobile 4G phones getting?

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for T-Mobile to bring their best stuff to us here in Iowa. We have fairly wide spread "partner coverage" -- I think it's I-Wireless which claims 4G. Any Iowa folks confirm>

I wireless is a Iowa basted carrier they want to get HSPA+ all over iowa, were I am they are saying early 2013 for HSPA+ WWW.I wireless.com/4g-coverage.asp

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Pittsburgh but not Philly, seriously???

If so, that makes upgrading from the GN much less worth it despite the great pricing. But thanks for the info.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I need to compare the price of their plan vs. my Verizon plan with my corporate discount. I am also on the fence of maybe checking out Windows Phone 8. The Nokia Lumia looks pretty awesome.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea my city had T-Mobile 42 Mbps! The local T-Mobile store told me we didn't. I cant wait for the Nexus 4 now!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

shaolinali17

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I've actually used virgin mobile within the last 2 years, and personally, my reception has been pretty much parallel since I've switched to Tmo, though I would've make the same statement before I'd switched my service provider. Of course, Tmo is slightly better than Vmo, but again, not a great contrast between the two

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I work in downtown Washington DC and live in Arlington, VA, immediately across the river. On my Galaxy Nexus I never break 5 mb/s down and usually average more like 3.5, anywhere in the city. I know the Gnex won't do 42mb/s, but I should be getting the 21 speed, right? I should be getting faster data than this, shouldn't I? I'm testing with the free speedtest.net app.

i have a gnex and a razr... i just got the gnex this week... before that i also had another xt912 cdma verizon razr. I went into a sprint store in indianapolis and did a speedtest test... on my verizon i got over 40+ while the samsung s3 on sprint lte was only about 20+... I have heard that tmobile with lte will be using 20 over 20 which will double the verizon 10 over 10....

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
disappointed! I could have sworn St. Louis was on the HSPA+ 42mbps list. I guess that makes me MUCH less likely to break my contract w/ AT&T. I know I could go Straight Talk, but it won't save me any money until October, when my contract runs out.. Thanks Jerry!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
"New York, NY" is listed. Is that every tower in the city of NYC including Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, SI and Queens or just towers in Manhattan?? :confused:

I'm confused...

Sent from my Nexus 7

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
128. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA

This may be a stupid question, but is it JUST the cities or is it the area AROUND the cities? I live between Fremont and Oakland, then I work in Oakland, but I don't even get reception inside my office (imagine what it's like being on a dial up connection again and that's what it's like trying to use my phone at work, but worse).

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
This is the list according to T-Mobile's press page. I certainly can't go check them all :p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood