Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mmtowns View Post
    Still waiting for T-Mobile to bring their best stuff to us here in Iowa. We have fairly wide spread "partner coverage" -- I think it's I-Wireless which claims 4G. Any Iowa folks confirm>
    I wireless is a Iowa basted carrier they want to get HSPA+ all over iowa, were I am they are saying early 2013 for HSPA+ WWW.I wireless.com/4g-coverage.asp
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

Pittsburgh but not Philly, seriously???

If so, that makes upgrading from the GN much less worth it despite the great pricing. But thanks for the info.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I need to compare the price of their plan vs. my Verizon plan with my corporate discount. I am also on the fence of maybe checking out Windows Phone 8. The Nokia Lumia looks pretty awesome.

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

I had no idea my city had T-Mobile 42 Mbps! The local T-Mobile store told me we didn't. I cant wait for the Nexus 4 now!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've actually used virgin mobile within the last 2 years, and personally, my reception has been pretty much parallel since I've switched to Tmo, though I would've make the same statement before I'd switched my service provider. Of course, Tmo is slightly better than Vmo, but again, not a great contrast between the two

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

No HSPA+ 42 markets in NJ. Sucks. My area is however covered by VZW and AT&T LTE. Not sure about HSPA+ for AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyMorgan View Post
    No HSPA+ 42 markets in NJ. Sucks. My area is however covered by VZW and AT&T LTE. Not sure about HSPA+ for AT&T.
    And half is covered by the Atlantic Ocean?
    Too soon?

Haha! Right on time

Quote Originally Posted by baileycmatt View Post
    Okay, I work in downtown Washington DC and live in Arlington, VA, immediately across the river. On my Galaxy Nexus I never break 5 mb/s down and usually average more like 3.5, anywhere in the city. I know the Gnex won't do 42mb/s, but I should be getting the 21 speed, right? I should be getting faster data than this, shouldn't I? I'm testing with the free speedtest.net app.
    i have a gnex and a razr... i just got the gnex this week... before that i also had another xt912 cdma verizon razr. I went into a sprint store in indianapolis and did a speedtest test... on my verizon i got over 40+ while the samsung s3 on sprint lte was only about 20+... I have heard that tmobile with lte will be using 20 over 20 which will double the verizon 10 over 10....

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

disappointed! I could have sworn St. Louis was on the HSPA+ 42mbps list. I guess that makes me MUCH less likely to break my contract w/ AT&T. I know I could go Straight Talk, but it won't save me any money until October, when my contract runs out.. Thanks Jerry!

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

"New York, NY" is listed. Is that every tower in the city of NYC including Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, SI and Queens or just towers in Manhattan??

I'm confused...

Sent from my Nexus 7

What are the current HSPA+ 42mbps phone out now? I want to try a speed test at a local store.

ROM
    Stock

I just found that list a few days ago. Latest News | T-Mobile | FACT SHEET: America. The date on the article shows Jun 16, 2011. So I do not know whether it has been updated since then. If not there could be more areas with coverage than what is on the list.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    128. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA
    This may be a stupid question, but is it JUST the cities or is it the area AROUND the cities? I live between Fremont and Oakland, then I work in Oakland, but I don't even get reception inside my office (imagine what it's like being on a dial up connection again and that's what it's like trying to use my phone at work, but worse).
    Party like a Ninja Star
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

This is the list according to T-Mobile's press page. I certainly can't go check them all :-P

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

#99 has me covered!! I'll be getting a $30 card to test those speeds out. I just sold my GNex last night. Having only an iPhone is killing me!!
    Sophos and qnet like this.

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_B View Post
    #99 has me covered!! I'll be getting a $30 card to test those speeds out. I just sold my GNex last night. Having only an iPhone is killing me!!
    Crazy, I just did the same thing and have been making do with my ip4s. Tuesday can't come soon enough! I was super surprised to see Medford OR on the list of covered cities...I'm definitely going to be grabbing one of those $30/mo sims and checking it out.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Almost always stock.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsperson View Post
    What are the current HSPA+ 42mbps phone out now? I want to try a speed test at a local store.
    I don't recall, but I'm sure they'll tell you at the store.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

any specifics on towns on long island that have it? Long Island is listed but its not a city, its a giant *** island lol. curious to see the spread on the island

I saw Baton Rouge wasn't on the list. I sure hope that it really does have +42 since I just bought myself a sim card.

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willinthe985 View Post
    I saw Baton Rouge wasn't on the list. I sure hope that it really does have +42 since I just bought myself a sim card.
    it probably just has 21mbps

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

But why is it not in Memphis?!?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Don't front on that battery life on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus even on jellybean it's still poor in comparison to many other android devices on the market. As for the Razr minus all that crippling Verizon bloatware it would be a much nicer device. Verizon is dreadful at best.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tmobile..

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    "New York, NY" is listed. Is that every tower in the city of NYC including Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, SI and Queens or just towers in Manhattan??

I'm confused...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Its considered all 5 boros. I have done a recent test on tmo and i must say they have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    it probably just has 21mbps
    If that's the case I'll see at least which 21+ network is faster at least. That's the really nice thing about straight talk, switching networks is as easy as swapping cards.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast