Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

I see in this list Hartford Ct and New Haven Ct are listed. I'm in these areas all the time and never get the hspa+ band. I have a iphone 5 and only get E. not sure why T-Mobile lists them but again I never get the 3g on my phone. I called tech support to ask if I had the wrong settings and they are absolutely no help what so ever. Not sure if its my phone or the HSPA+ network isn't actually live in ct yet.

I'm visiting my sister in new york. we have no 3g yet. Then store guy said because ofn huricaane sandy they got delayed. And even chicago before I left in middle of november I had no 3g.

Does anyone see any 42 around the Twin Cities? The T-Mo rep at the Burnsville Mall store told me they get 42 around (coincidentally) Co. Rd. 42 but that's it. I drove around that area quite a bit today with the "Network Signal Info" app turned on and never saw it go above 21. Although it did drop down to "UMTS" quite a bit. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Droid View Post
    Does anyone see any 42 around the Twin Cities? The T-Mo rep at the Burnsville Mall store told me they get 42 around (coincidentally) Co. Rd. 42 but that's it. I drove around that area quite a bit today with the "Network Signal Info" app turned on and never saw it go above 21. Although it did drop down to "UMTS" quite a bit. Very disappointing.
    I think it will naturally drop to UMTS when there is a lower bandwidth requirement to save power on the handset (UMTS takes less power on the reverse channel than HSUPA) so it's natural for it to flicker in and out of UMTS even in strong signal strength areas. I imagine there is a similar situation with it indicating HSPA 21, that really just means it's at the best code rate (31/32) and in 64QAM, but network demand is high enough or your bandwidth demand is low enough that there isn't any point to assigning another carrier to your handset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I posted my speed test results in Minneapolis earlier in the thread (or maybe it was the other HSPA+ thread?). Subsequent tests have been the same or better. Seeing between 14-22 megs down and 1.5-3 megs up with a ping consistently around 100 ms. On my Galaxy Nexus I would typically get around 6-7 megs down. I'm on the T-Mobile $30/month 100 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data (throttle after 5 GB) plan (had same plan on Galaxy Nexus).

agreed
    gs3 prepaid on tmo's online $30 plan 5gb 4g can't be beat.
    its not your daddy's tmo anymore

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDroid View Post
    I posted my speed test results in Minneapolis earlier in the thread (or maybe it was the other HSPA+ thread?). Subsequent tests have been the same or better. Seeing between 14-22 megs down and 1.5-3 megs up with a ping consistently around 100 ms. On my Galaxy Nexus I would typically get around 6-7 megs down. I'm on the T-Mobile $30/month 100 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data (throttle after 5 GB) plan (had same plan on Galaxy Nexus).
    I haven't seen speeds nearly that high with N4 in the Twin Cities. And the ping time is ridiculously high. I still can't get the Network Signal Info app to show me an HSPA+ 42 network anywhere around us. Unless the app just doesn't include that feature.

I haven't seen speeds nearly that high with N4 in the Twin Cities. And the ping time is ridiculously high. I still can't get the Network Signal Info app to show me an HSPA+ 42 network anywhere around us. Unless the app just doesn't include that feature.
    Out of curiosity, how does ping time impact you? Are you a voip user?

Sent from my Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does ping time impact you? Are you a voip user?

Sent from my Droid DNA
    I would very much like to be. Although VoLTE sounds even better.

I've been getting my speeds in downtown and uptown Minneapolis. Have not had one bad test in those areas. Haven't tried other parts of the metro.

I would very much like to be. Although VoLTE sounds even better.
    What I mean to say is if you're not using something very latency dependent, what is the concern with the ping?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDroid View Post
    I've been getting my speeds in downtown and uptown Minneapolis. Have not had one bad test in those areas. Haven't tried other parts of the metro.
    Gotcha. I spend most of my time in the South suburbs, and once you get past the Crosstown, "4G" quickly becomes mostly 3G and sometimes EDGE or nothing.

Hopefully AT&T will be much better.

What I mean to say is if you're not using something very latency dependent, what is the concern with the ping?
    I don't know what apps are around the corner that may or may not function better with better ping/data speeds. It's certainly something to measure and consider.

I don't know what apps are around the corner that may or may not function better with better ping/data speeds. It's certainly something to measure and consider.
    In that case, you also don't know how Verizon will perform when Verizon is loaded just as heavily as T Mobile is per spectrum MHz per user. LTE is still underloaded compared to either EVDO also on Verizon or HSPA on Tmobile.

That said, I think it is crazy to give up unlimited data on Verizon unless you are forced out of it.

Sent from my Droid DNA

First day with T-Mobile, and I must say, I am really impressed! I am in a HSPA area (not +) and I was getting around 9-10mbps. That's amazing, especially compared to my 400kb Sprint coverage lol. The cellular coverage is very good as well! I don't understand all the hate on T-Mobile. A $30 dollar plan with 100minutes/Unlimited text and data is a wonderful plan.

Kahului Maui, HI
    Wailuku Maui, HI

Doubled my speeds going from a Gnex to a N4. Fastest speeds was 15Mbps.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Just waiting for my Sim card but I happened to be with some T-Mobile users last night. One with a One S and the other a GS3 and both had the 4G icon lit up so I was pretty happy to see that. Both say they are very happy with the service around here so I hope that will be my experience.

60% of the time it works every time!
    *T-Mobile HSPA+42 Nexus 4*
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I'm happy with unlimited lte and these are my worst outside speeds lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets-uploadfromtaptalk1355103468692.jpg  

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post

This is my biggest hesitation if I decide to leave Sprint but for right now LTE is still a ways off in my area.

*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    This is my biggest hesitation if I decide to leave Sprint but for right now LTE is still a ways off in my area.

*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*
    Ditch Sprint for a prepaid plan you can go back when they get LTE. There is no reason to stay with a company that charge you full price for a 3g network with 2g speeds.
    jimmiekain and Mobius360 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Who said buddy was getting slow speeds lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post

And what are your best outside speeds?

Sent from my Droid DNA

my work and certain areas I travel have 42+ also and its not on that list .
    Last edited by nihao15; 12-21-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    smartphone android
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And what are your best outside speeds?

Sent from my Droid DNA
    I got 21mb down when I FIRST got my phone

Quick question for all of the T-Mobile users - Why does the H and the signal bar sometimes gray out? I don't understand why this happens, and it happens a lot. Not only that, but when it happens, I can never get any internet connection (I live in a good data coverage area though...).

Any tips on why this happens/what can be done to fix it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast