List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
LTE on Verizon at 3 am in Portland 505 meters from the tower, unobstructed line of sight.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352891308417.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352891308417.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 89

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
All speed tests are only a teaser unless you can also tell us your signal strength at the time of the test. Settings | About phone | Network (some settings menus may differ). I've has as good as 17 ASU here in Santa Clara, but I didn't have a chance to test.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
All speed tests are only a teaser unless you can also tell us your signal strength at the time of the test. Settings | About phone | Network (some settings menus may differ). I've has as good as 17 ASU here in Santa Clara, but I didn't have a chance to test.

And moreover which type of network and what that ASU is based off of (arbitrary signal units)? Even the signal in decibel miliwatts is potentially measuring one of several things, and it gets complicated when there are multiple transmission and reception antenna.

You can have a strong signal with high noise and without indicating signal to noise ratio just the signal strength won't tell you what the radio conditions are.

I suppose the value that should be reported is what the handset is reporting to the tower, which is how the tower determines what code rate and modulation to use.

And on the flip side, there is no way to determine what the tower is seeing for radio conditions, so the handset to tower (upload) portion of the speed test doesn't have a recpricol rssi or asu value you can report.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
anyone who lives on long island, NY and rocking t-mobile have some speed test results?
my verizon contract is good for another 10 months sadly and im totally thinking about ditching ship and grabbing tmobile since they're the only GSM with unlimited data. (even though i really dont need it). plus they are cheap.

really curious to see speed results from anyone with a note 2, galaxy s3, nexus 4... i live in central suffolk county and travel into nassau A LOT so i need a stable download speed of like at least 10-15mbp/s to keep me from not missing verizon's LTE

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm from queens and I'm in nassau allot and I have never had a problem at all. I was actually surprised.

I did hear there is a dead area near the water somewhere maybe port Washington.

anyone who lives on long island, NY and rocking t-mobile have some speed test results?
my verizon contract is good for another 10 months sadly and im totally thinking about ditching ship and grabbing tmobile since they're the only GSM with unlimited data. (even though i really dont need it). plus they are cheap.

really curious to see speed results from anyone with a note 2, galaxy s3, nexus 4... i live in central suffolk county and travel into nassau A LOT so i need a stable download speed of like at least 10-15mbp/s to keep me from not missing verizon's LTE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm from queens and I'm in nassau allot and I have never had a problem at all. I was actually surprised.

I did hear there is a dead area near the water somewhere maybe port Washington.

I usually stick around the areas of near the LIE. I hang out in levittown, east meadow, bethpage area. Work in hauppauge so usually the only areas I'm concerned big time about.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Those areas should be very adequately covered. I was on Westchester near the water and I also had an issue with the signal.

Let me be clear that Verizon is king of coverage but T-Mobile will be just fine for you and keep on mind that the prepaid is amazingly well priced.

I usually stick around the areas of near the LIE. I hang out in levittown, east meadow, bethpage area. Work in hauppauge so usually the only areas I'm concerned big time about.

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here have any experience with T-Mobile in the east bay of the SF bay area? I'm am doing my best to get off Verizon but everyone I know who has had a T-Mobile phone anywhere NOT in San Francisco complains. AT&T is not an option for the same reason, plus my philosophical rejection of everything their company stands for.

I tried to think of something witty, but this is all I could come up with.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
First 2 speedtests with new Nexus are nearly double what my galaxy got which makes sense as this is a +42 phone.

First one was 22586kkbps so 22.5 mbps
second one was 18.9mbps

I will post pics of rootmetrics speed test which shows signal and all if i ever figure out how to do a screen shot on the new nexus... I don't think it is built in..

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
First 2 speedtests with new Nexus are nearly double what my galaxy got which makes sense as this is a +42 phone.

First one was 22586kkbps so 22.5 mbps
second one was 18.9mbps

I will post pics of rootmetrics speed test which shows signal and all if i ever figure out how to do a screen shot on the new nexus... I don't think it is built in..

And this is on an already loaded network. I usually don't get this good a speed test on Verizon, I suspect once all of the networks are equally loaded Tmobile is going to end up generally as fast or faster than Verizon LTE, unless Verizon gets around to devoting another channel or two to LTE

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile you fail again for Wisconsin and Milwaukee...

The exact reason why I left you guys years ago for sprint. At least past Mequon I have 3g and not edge!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

thecuber

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got my Nexus 4 in yet, but are there special settings you have to configure?

I am talking about APN or any special server setting because the phone will not have it preset for T Mobile

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon