Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

Does SIMple Mobile and Straight Talk have access to this spectrum/speed??

thanks,
    Scott

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Default Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 mar

So I'm about a full day in with T-Mobile's plan. Comparing to my Sprint's coverage so far and T-Mobile definitely is winning hands down in the areas I'm usually at. I'm getting between 3mb - 12mb on T-Mobile vs .2mb - 1mb on Sprint. The one draw back is the Sprint connection is a hair better at my work desk. It must have slightly better building penetration because I can step outside and the T-Mobile connection is better. Still planning on trying AT&T.

I think I'm about 6 months out from seeing any real LTE activity in my part of Southern California via Sprint. No desire to go to Verizon as I'm trying to save money.

I noticed my phone would go between HSPA and HSPA+ by going to settings, about, status. How do you know if it is +21 or +42?

60% of the time it works every time!
    *Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Quote Originally Posted by scottmc129 View Post
    Does SIMple Mobile and Straight Talk have access to this spectrum/speed??

thanks,
    Scott
    Yes. There are some who believe that TMob gives priority to it's own customers' signals, or somehow slows down the MVNO's somewhat, but that's entirely speculation, there's been no proof of it.

I'm on the Tmobile bandwagon as well. I have ATT and the nexus sucked on their network in the Tampa Bay area. Even though LTE is fast, voice is lacking. Decided to try tmobile with the nexus 4 and it is on par with my ATT G Note 2 in speed. The bonus is that I now can talk on the phone in the house and Tmobile is $100 cheaper for the same family plan. Looks like I'm switching to T-MO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

ok thanks. i talked to an "authorized dealer" for Simple Mobile and he said "not yet" when i asked about the 42.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    And what are your best outside speeds?

Sent from my Droid DNA
    This is my best speed outside

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets-uploadfromtaptalk1355511753789.jpg  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Nice, you're from Medford. I grew up in Central Point. Hopefully you'll get the full HSPA+ 42 speed.

T-Mobile rolls out enhanced 4G coverage in dozens of new cities
    December 13, 2012

Here's the list of cities where users can now get on T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ 1900 MHz network:

Chicago, including the surrounding areas of: Aurora, Berwyn, Chicago Heights, Cicero, Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Evanston, Evergreen Park, Naperville, Oak Park, Schaumburg, Wilmette, and Winnetka.
    Reno, Nevada
    Sacramento, California, including the surrounding areas of: Antelope, Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Fair Oaks, Folsom, Loomis, North Highlands, Rancho Cordova, Rio Linda, Rocklin, Roseville, Vacaville, and West Sacramento.
    Fresno, California
    Southern California, including: Alhambra, Anaheim, Claremont, Culver City, El Monte, Encino, Garden Grove, Granada Hills, Inglewood, Irvine, La Crescenta, Laguna Niguel, Monrovia, Monterey Park, Newport Beach, North Hills, North Hollywood, Paramount, Pasadena, Redlands, Reseda, Rosemead, Santa Ana, San Fernando, San Gabriel, Santa Monica, South El Monte, Temple City, Torrance, Upland, Valley Village, Van Nuys, Westminster, and Wilmington.

Updated December 14 at 6:20 p.m. PT to clarify that the five new metro areas already have 4G coverage but are now getting enhanced coverage on the 1900 MHz network.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Anyone know a good source for T-Mobile news similar to the Sprint forum

ROM
    MIUIv4

Anyone know if Lubbock, TX has hspa+? Or if tmo or att is better in west texas?
    Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Ok, again, since I already posted this once;
    If you should see this Jerry Hildenbrand, number 161 on the list is properly spelled "Worcester" as in worcester-shire sauce. Not "Worchester". I know, it's nit-picking, but it just gets me that everywhere else in the country I go no one gets it right.
    Last edited by dethduck; 12-19-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dethduck View Post
    Ok, again, since I already posted this once;
    If you should see this Jerry Hildenbrand, number 161 on the list is properly spelled "Worcester" as in worcester-shire sauce. Not "Worchester". I know, it's nit-picking, but it just gets me that everywhere else in the country I go no one gets it right.
    Wouldn't be a problem if you lived in a first rate city rather than the armpit of Massachusetts.

IPhone 4s doesn't have LTE. That's why the battery is good. If it did, it would blow. The iPhone 5 has LTE but the battery has been designed for it.

I wish I'd switched to T-Mobile 7 years ago when my dad made me start paying for my phone! I don't know why I waited so long. My verizon contract is still running but that's because i still have grandfathered unlimited data and my verizon galaxy nexus just acts as wifi hotspot now instead of having to pay for internet service! My T-Mobile plan is the 30 dollar 5GB unlimited messaging 100 minutes plan and i love it. I live in seattle and average 15-20/5. On my galaxy nexus i get 5/5 if i'm lucky even though i have a full LTE signal at home and at work. Their network is just really bogged down now that people have made the switch to 4G.

Eratic signal with t-mobile. At first I always had 3-4 bars signal and today it is jumping around from none to 4 bars and sometimes can't
    even make a call. Anyone else experiencing this.

I have same issue... sometime 3-4 bars, sometimes none.

Quote Originally Posted by ccgabe View Post
    Eratic signal with t-mobile. At first I always had 3-4 bars signal and today it is jumping around from none to 4 bars and sometimes can't
    even make a call. Anyone else experiencing this.
    Same here. Ime in the Phoenix area. It would help if people posted there location

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    So I'm about a full day in with T-Mobile's plan. Comparing to my Sprint's coverage so far and T-Mobile definitely is winning hands down in the areas I'm usually at. I'm getting between 3mb - 12mb on T-Mobile vs .2mb - 1mb on Sprint. The one draw back is the Sprint connection is a hair better at my work desk. It must have slightly better building penetration because I can step outside and the T-Mobile connection is better. Still planning on trying AT&T.

I think I'm about 6 months out from seeing any real LTE activity in my part of Southern California via Sprint. No desire to go to Verizon as I'm trying to save money.

I noticed my phone would go between HSPA and HSPA+ by going to settings, about, status. How do you know if it is +21 or +42?

I'm in Ontario and Brea a lot. How has your coverage been with T-Mo in those areas?

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

I can confirm 100% that T-Mobile does not work in Omaha, NE.

There are small pockets where it MIGHT work, but largely, it does not work at all. We do not have T-Mobile stores, Straight Talk will not sell T-Mobile SIM cards to Omaha, NE, T-Mobile does not have resellers here, there's maybe three towers in the whole city which barely work.

Your best bet, if you live in Omaha, NE and want the Nexus 4, is AT&T or one of their MVNOs.

Do not believe anything T-Mobile's website says.

Edit:
    The only place close to here that would have T-Mobile service would probably be Des Moines, IA currently.

Vinton, IA has 2G T-Mobile service. They used to have 3G but lost all T-Mobile towers back during a tornado/windstorm in 2010. Currently, they're supposed to get a new tower, but right now it's broken.

When I was shopping around before I landed on Sprint in 2011, T-Mobile's representatives even stated that they do not have service here. i-Wireless (which uses T-Mobile) works in Omaha but only barely and that's simply because they can roam.
    Last edited by Ryuuie; 01-12-2013 at 06:16 AM.

I'm in Bklyn NY and I'm on a T-Mobile pay as you go $70 everything unlimited plan with my nexus 4. I see pretty good speeds in my area.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

And if you live in Canada... you get HSPA+ everywhere!
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Anyone know if tmo has hspa+ 42 In the south Florida area? Fort Lauderdale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Farmingdale, Long Island.

List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets-uploadfromtaptalk1360219744368.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fort Myers / Cape Coral Area (s.w. Florida):

60-80ms ping, 15Mbps - 19Mbps down, 1.3Mbps - 1.6Mbps up.

These are from two different cell towers in Cape Coral, FL.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast