List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

dethduck

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, again, since I already posted this once;
If you should see this Jerry Hildenbrand, number 161 on the list is properly spelled "Worcester" as in worcester-shire sauce. Not "Worchester". I know, it's nit-picking, but it just gets me that everywhere else in the country I go no one gets it right.

Last edited:

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, again, since I already posted this once;
If you should see this Jerry Hildenbrand, number 161 on the list is properly spelled "Worcester" as in worcester-shire sauce. Not "Worchester". I know, it's nit-picking, but it just gets me that everywhere else in the country I go no one gets it right.

Wouldn't be a problem if you lived in a first rate city rather than the armpit of Massachusetts.

dimakop

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
IPhone 4s doesn't have LTE. That's why the battery is good. If it did, it would blow. The iPhone 5 has LTE but the battery has been designed for it.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I wish I'd switched to T-Mobile 7 years ago when my dad made me start paying for my phone! I don't know why I waited so long. My verizon contract is still running but that's because i still have grandfathered unlimited data and my verizon galaxy nexus just acts as wifi hotspot now instead of having to pay for internet service! My T-Mobile plan is the 30 dollar 5GB unlimited messaging 100 minutes plan and i love it. I live in seattle and average 15-20/5. On my galaxy nexus i get 5/5 if i'm lucky even though i have a full LTE signal at home and at work. Their network is just really bogged down now that people have made the switch to 4G.

ccgabe

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Eratic signal with t-mobile. At first I always had 3-4 bars signal and today it is jumping around from none to 4 bars and sometimes can't
even make a call. Anyone else experiencing this.

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Eratic signal with t-mobile. At first I always had 3-4 bars signal and today it is jumping around from none to 4 bars and sometimes can't
even make a call. Anyone else experiencing this.
Same here. Ime in the Phoenix area. It would help if people posted there location

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 mar

So I'm about a full day in with T-Mobile's plan. Comparing to my Sprint's coverage so far and T-Mobile definitely is winning hands down in the areas I'm usually at. I'm getting between 3mb - 12mb on T-Mobile vs .2mb - 1mb on Sprint. The one draw back is the Sprint connection is a hair better at my work desk. It must have slightly better building penetration because I can step outside and the T-Mobile connection is better. Still planning on trying AT&T.

I think I'm about 6 months out from seeing any real LTE activity in my part of Southern California via Sprint. No desire to go to Verizon as I'm trying to save money.

I noticed my phone would go between HSPA and HSPA+ by going to settings, about, status. How do you know if it is +21 or +42?

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

I'm in Ontario and Brea a lot. How has your coverage been with T-Mo in those areas?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 mar

I can confirm 100% that T-Mobile does not work in Omaha, NE.

There are small pockets where it MIGHT work, but largely, it does not work at all. We do not have T-Mobile stores, Straight Talk will not sell T-Mobile SIM cards to Omaha, NE, T-Mobile does not have resellers here, there's maybe three towers in the whole city which barely work.

Your best bet, if you live in Omaha, NE and want the Nexus 4, is AT&T or one of their MVNOs.

Do not believe anything T-Mobile's website says.

Edit:
The only place close to here that would have T-Mobile service would probably be Des Moines, IA currently.

Vinton, IA has 2G T-Mobile service. They used to have 3G but lost all T-Mobile towers back during a tornado/windstorm in 2010. Currently, they're supposed to get a new tower, but right now it's broken.

When I was shopping around before I landed on Sprint in 2011, T-Mobile's representatives even stated that they do not have service here. i-Wireless (which uses T-Mobile) works in Omaha but only barely and that's simply because they can roam.

Last edited:

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Bklyn NY and I'm on a T-Mobile pay as you go $70 everything unlimited plan with my nexus 4. I see pretty good speeds in my area.

e6y9ubeb.jpg

9asameme.jpg

reuthermonkey

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I just can't give up unlimited lte on Verizon. My speeds aren't quite that fast. But I regularly hit 20-30 mbps. Add on that, I don't even think that tmobile has 42+ in St. Louis yet (or if they even have the spectrum available to implement it) . I haven't seen any speed tests in St. Louis, but some of the test done a few months ago by a website listed tmobile near the bottom in my area, St. Louis. Verizon and Att were on top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not totally sure if T-Mobile has deployed 42mbps DC-HSPA+ in Saint Louis recently, or if i'm simply getting on the refarmed cell, but I've been taking speedtests downtown and near clayton for the past few weeks and noticed that speeds have improved noticeably from the 3-5 i would get on average to 10mbps+ averages with bursts around 20mbps. Pings have also dropped recently from ~100ms down to the 40-60ms averages. I'd wager that DC-HSPA+ has indeed been deployed (rather than simple cell-splitting), as one of the benefits of 3gpp rel-8 (which defines DC-HSPA+) is support for a flat ip architecture. That would certainly explain the drop in pings. This would also be the groundwork for deploying LTE in the St Louis market in the future.

Screenshot_2013-02-05-11-38-36.png

bren x10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on Sprint, but I'm looking hard at T-Mobile due to cost. I'm seeing a lot of people on here who have made that same switch and are happy, but I'm in the Southern California area (Orange County), so I figured I'd ask how the "4G" speeds and connectivity have been for any who made that switch, or just those on T-Mobile in general. On that note, with HSPA+ on 1900MHz and LTE on 1700MHz, the recently announced HTC One should support both versions of their 4G, correct? HSPA/HSPA+ on 1900MHz band, and LTE on 1700MHz? The phone itself should support those...

Edit: Sorry, I had been following this thread because of the subject; I forgot it was a Nexus 4 sub-forum. Pardon my somewhat misplaced question...

Last edited:

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on Sprint, but I'm looking hard at T-Mobile due to cost. I'm seeing a lot of people on here who have made that same switch and are happy, but I'm in the Southern California area (Orange County), so I figured I'd ask how the "4G" speeds and connectivity have been for any who made that switch, or just those on T-Mobile in general. On that note, with HSPA+ on 1900MHz and LTE on 1700MHz, the recently announced HTC One should support both versions of their 4G, correct? HSPA/HSPA+ on 1900MHz band, and LTE on 1700MHz? The phone itself should support those...

Edit: Sorry, I had been following this thread because of the subject; I forgot it was a Nexus 4 sub-forum. Pardon my somewhat misplaced question...

It's alright; it seems like a perfectly legit question. I'm sorry I can't answer it for you, but I live on the other side of the continent from you. :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae