Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By damo
  • 1 Post By Dolfan058
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default Do you think we'll ever see a 32 GB variant?

16 is more than enough for me, but with everyone moaning about lack of storage, hang off a few months, you never know - look what happened with the N7 :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    pcsperson likes this.

Default Re: Do you think we'll ever see a 32 GB variant?

would not be a bad idea to increase sales and grab a big portion of those interested but wanted more storage.

It could happen, but I it doesn't bother me. Right now I just want to know when Aus gets it because apparently they haven't announced a date for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them given how fast the Nexus 7 was rev'd.
    While I'm one of the people who'd absolutely LOVE a 32 GB Nexus 4 variant, I just don't see them doing a refresh. Here's why:

1. I think the Nexus 7 was refreshed specifically because they were releasing the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 10, and probably because nobody was buying an 8GB tablet.
    2. Also, I think Google goes back to its regular schedule of refreshing the Nexus line in November. This was a strange year because Google had to get the Nexus 7 out mid-year, but now that it's full phone/tablet lineup has been revealed, it has no reason to do any mid-year refreshes (which they've never done before) anymore.
    3. Also, it wouldn't be conducive to the users for Google to continue to do mid-year refreshes (it's no fun having your device become "obsolete" in 6 months, a year is much more acceptable).

That's why I consider that Nexus 7 refresh a one-off, and most likely won't ever happen again.
    Thanked by:
    marcus.plans likes this.

What about the expansion of nexus to multiple devices simultaneously? They did announce the nexus label is available to any manufacturer that meets nexus requirements.

Why refresh, when the brand will have multiple releases throughout the year?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums