Ordering from the US play store

Blackjack3d

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just sold my One S to fund my N4 when the time comes, reverted back to a Milestone till then :p

Anyway, I'm from the UK and on the 20th I'll be going to America for 2 weeks. So I was wondering if I would be able to order the N4 from the American play store instead of the UK one and get it shipped to where I am staying in Florida. This way it would work out a bit cheaper. I know I can get to the US store using a proxy but then I'm not sure if I'll be able to use my UK addressed credit card to buy from the US store.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i don't have any experience ordering from Google but every time i order something on line it asks for a billing address and a shipping address and they can be different so maybe it'll be like that.

Blackjack3d

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea that does suck. I'm just remembering that there was a post on modaco a while back on how to get the amazon app store in the UK when it was only available in the US. Just looked it up and you needed a US registered card for that too but it talked about using a service like this: Shop the USA - Shop America - US Billing Address - Online USA Shopping - usunlocked.com

I might give that a go, although by the time I set all that up it might just make sense to get it in the UK.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There should be a loop, like i know this isn't a phone, but people in Aus get custom Nike's through other companies which place their order for them.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if this works (as I haven't done it yet) but you could try purchasing enough Google Wallet Gift cards, load that money to your Google Wallet and then purchase the device with a US Address.

Just look here for more information, but again, I do not know if this works:
Google Play gift cards and your Google Play balance - Google Play Help

EDIT: Nevermind that idea, these cards only seem to work with purchasing apps etc. but not hardware. Kinda ridiculous but oh well.

EDIT 2: Also be careful with these virtual credit cards, because according to Google they won't work.
Purchase restrictions - Google Play Help

Guess we have to live with the fact that we continuously get ripped off in Europe. :)

Last edited:

Blackjack3d

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I did see a tweet from that usunblocked site that said you can order the nexus 4 through them, but I think I'll just order it from the UK and pay the bit extra. Gotta hope it's here before the 20th, otherwise I'm gonna be rocking the Motorola Milestone for like a month :p

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife is buying me this phone with here credit card, of course everything will be in her name, I just hope they allow to send UPS 2 day shipping and I will be able to pick up at the UPS office and not her, so I would hope there is an area when ordering that will list who is receiving gift/phone :)

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I could use my PayPal account to buy phone, I have bill me later linked up to my PayPal and that would be good to boost my credit too, does anybody know if you can do this with PayPal?

It is a bummer, just found my answer and it is a sad no :( that is ok though, I will still help my wife get her mileage with her credit card :)

balboa 147

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just sold my One S to fund my N4 when the time comes, reverted back to a Milestone till then :p

Anyway, I'm from the UK and on the 20th I'll be going to America for 2 weeks. So I was wondering if I would be able to order the N4 from the American play store instead of the UK one and get it shipped to where I am staying in Florida. This way it would work out a bit cheaper. I know I can get to the US store using a proxy but then I'm not sure if I'll be able to use my UK addressed credit card to buy from the US store.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

I work for a global concierge services company. If you already have a membership with one, you can have them buy it for you and deliver it to your doorstep. They do personal shopping for you too! Or you might have a mate that has a membership that gives him access to this service; you can ask him to help you put in the order :)