how does it work with windows?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I read some things about the gnex not working well with windows.you had to find and install additional drivers just to transfer music and files? Is that true and if so, do you have to do that with the 4? With my triumph,I can't wait until I don't have to say that any more, you just plug it in and it's all good.

Edit: what files will I need to unlock it? I already have fastboot for windows. are there any drivers I need to get? I want to be ready when it comes so I can do it before I start putting stuff on there.

Last edited:

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Well the first thing you would want is the Android Debug Bridge which you can get by downloading the Android SDK.

Regarding drivers, that would be something you will need to wait until it's released to know for sure. Perhaps it uses generic LG USB drivers, perhaps it won't. Windows isn't known for true plug and play with Android devices.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice, so where can I get the Android sdk? On the Motorola triumph I just had to replace an image file and install cwm so this is new to me. Thanks for the help.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok...I didn't know if there was one specific to the phone or the version or race...remember, you had questions at one time too.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll need ADB drivers, Fastboot drivers, and the up-to-date ADB/Fastboot files when the SDK is updated after the Nexus 4 launches to unlock it.

People have issues on windows because drivers can just be finicky. Not necessarily a Nexus problem, more of a Windows problem.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh that makes sense. So I have the fastboot and sdk. Now all I need is adb and a nexus. Thanks for the help.

Well if you have the full SDK installed you have ADB also ;)

And for future reference, you don't need the whole SDK if all you intend to do is use ADB and Fastboot to unlock, root or flash ROMs. You just need the ADB and Fastboot files, which are trivially small. They'll be up for download right after the SDK is updated with the latest ones. No need to waste your time (and HDD) space installing the whole SDK for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke