Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question I am confused, N4 in T-Mobile

Ive been reading a lot about the 4G network, HSPA+ market and T-Mobile service, and I havent decided yet..
    My family pays for a Familie Plan but I dont know if N4 would take advantage of Unlimited Nationwide 4G? (We have high 4G signal all over CO)
    or Should I go for the $30 4G plan? (which I dont know if its promotional for 1st month activation, or you can keep buying every month?)

I just registered cause I NEED to know, its liking me !

Default Re: I am confused, N4 in T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by CruzCraz View Post
    Ive been reading a lot about the 4G network, HSPA+ market and T-Mobile service, and I havent decided yet..
    My family pays for a Familie Plan but I dont know if N4 would take advantage of Unlimited Nationwide 4G? (We have high 4G signal all over CO)
    or Should I go for the $30 4G plan? (which I dont know if its promotional for 1st month activation, or you can keep buying every month?)

Your plan has nothing to do with the model of the phone you have. If you are paying for a 4G plan, you will get 4g on any device that fits your SIM card (and has a 4g radio)

And no, the 30 a month is not promotional.

The type of plan you're on doesn't change your speeds. Every T-Mobile plan (postpaid and prepaid) lets you get the full speeds. Family plans do have the ability to add the fully unlimited (no throttle) data to any line, if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    And no, the 30 a month is not promotional.
    It actually is. It's a new customer, online only plan. For example if you're on the $60 or $70 prepaid plan, you can't drop back down to the $30 plan. You have to order a new SIM and activate it as a new line.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    It actually is. It's a new customer, online only plan. For example if you're on the $60 or $70 prepaid plan, you can't drop back down to the $30 plan. You have to order a new SIM and activate it as a new line.
    He asked if it was promotional, where you you only pay 30 for the first month, and then its higher after that. The answer to that question is still no.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I read that N4 does not support 4G network but HSPA+ or something like that.
    I need internet mainly for streaming Pandora an hour or less daily

4G means 4th Generation. There are more than one type of 4G network. There is LTE, which is currently utilized the most by Verizon. There is also HSDPA+, which is what this phone uses. It is used by a majority of the world.

LTE is faster on paper, but in real world scenarios the difference is not noticeable (compared to HDSPA+42), also, LTE is not widespread and is a lot more unstable than HDSPA+

T-Mobile calls HSPA+ "4G". "4G" in itself is meaningless, it just means the "Fourth Generation" of technology. The Nexus 4 does not have LTE, and T-Mobile doesn't even offer it. If you buy a N4 and use it on T-Mobile's network you'll get the fastest speeds they have available, which is DC-HSPA+ 42mbps.

lol Andrew, you have followed me to every thread I have responded in and reworded the exact same thing I said in each one :-P

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    lol Andrew, you have followed me to every thread I have responded in and reworded the exact same thing I said in each one :-P
    Ha! Sometimes I just read the OP and reply. Forgive me .
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    T-Mobile calls HSPA+ "4G". "4G" in itself is meaningless, it just means the "Fourth Generation" of technology. The Nexus 4 does not have LTE, and T-Mobile doesn't even offer it. If you buy a N4 and use it on T-Mobile's network you'll get the fastest speeds they have available, which is DC-HSPA+ 42mbps.
    Now, that is an answer! Thanks bro
    I guess ill go for Monthly prepaid, 100 minutes, Text, and 5GB

How long? Who knows!

Thanks to everyone