Why I wouldn't mind if the nexus 4 wasnt a huge hit to the public...

mikeyyy

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Simply because I don't want the general public buying this device solely because its a pop culture statement (ahem apple fanboys - maybe not all of them but a huge majority)... I kinda want googles nexus line to stay with us techies and developers... not ppl who buy stuff because it looks pretty and because everyone else has one...

I get a good feeling in public when I see all the grandmas, housewives and kids using Iphones and thinking to myself.... thank god I'm not using what they are...

I unno I'm such an ass lol

Flame away.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Meh. I own the most popular phone of Q3...not because everyone else has one....because of the whole Apple vs Samsung lawsuit. Had that not happened (it was more of the news stories about the litigations that drew me to it, than the actual advertising itself), and had there not been a promotion where I could get it for $0 with a resign, I would probably be still rockin out my HP Pre3! :)

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh let's be honest, the Nexus 4 will sell good, but I doubt the sales will be anything near amazing. If you fear that every kid will soon have a Nexus 4, then I can gladly tell you that this won't be the case.
Apple still makes the "easier" device with their iOS. People are so lazy nowadays they love it when everything is pre-set for them, and then there are those who still believe that having something like an iPhone is just way "cooler" than having an Android device. It also sounds rather funny, but especially the low price will keep all the wannabe cool kiddies from buying this phone, if it's not expensive it can't be awesome (their loss, haha).

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the nexus 4 is a sexy beast. It greatly pisses me off that I can't have it on my LTE network! Gah!

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Spoiled brats :D

Oh you have no idea. I tried convincing a girl to buy the Nexus 4, and geez that didn't go well. They are all about "Ohhh but I want a white phone! And the iPhone is sooo pretty", I mean c'mon that thing looks the same for over two years now.......

I swear never try convincing a girl to buy this. Waste of time. :confused:

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh you have no idea. I tried convincing a girl to buy the Nexus 4, and geez that didn't go well. They are all about "Ohhh but I want a white phone! And the iPhone is sooo pretty", I mean c'mon that thing looks the same for over two years now.......

I swear never try convincing a girl to buy this. Waste of time. :confused:

On the contrary, it appears that both my fianc?e and my Mom will be getting the N4 as their next phones if you can believe it; purely because of the price-performance combination of being both an upgrade, way out of long contracts and method of saving ?100+ per year.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The phone is not going to be a sales hit. The general public doesn't even know about the phone. It's not like you can walk into any carrier besides t-mobile, and see it on display.

It will sell to android fans, and that's about it, so you don't have to worry about seeing it alot.

I live in NYC, and I've seen a total of three galaxy nexuses.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Simply because I don't want the general public buying this device solely because its a pop culture statement (ahem apple fanboys - maybe not all of them but a huge majority)... I kinda want googles nexus line to stay with us techies and developers... not ppl who buy stuff because it looks pretty and because everyone else has one...

I get a good feeling in public when I see all the grandmas, housewives and kids using Iphones and thinking to myself.... thank god I'm not using what they are...

Flame away.

People only get one choice with Apple's phone. With Android, there are many many many choices. You'll never see the Nexus have iPhone-level market saturation. Android maybe, but not the Nexus. Your exclusivity is safe.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Flame away.

So you're saying that you're better than other people so you're the only one that deserves to own the Nexus? If its as good as everyone says it is, and its better than the iPhone, then why wouldn't you want as many people as possible using it?

Seems counterintuitive.

I personally want as many people as possible to know about the benefits of owning a Nexus and choose one for themselves. Not be forced onto it, but decide that it's the best choice and get one on their own. I know owning a Nexus is such a good experience that I think it would improve the perception of Android (and Google) if more of the general public knew about and used Nexuses.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
On the contrary, it appears that both my fianc?e and my Mom will be getting the N4 as their next phones if you can believe it; purely because of the price-performance combination of being both an upgrade, way out of long contracts and method of saving ?100+ per year.

I am impressed. I tried all the arguments. Low price, awesome performance etc. but it didn't lead anywhere. I can't even mention the Nexus 4 anymore without being nearly yelled at, seriously wonder what I did wrong. :p

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Flame away.

Not exactly meant as a flame or troll, but instead of a pop culture icon, you want it to be an elitist icon

Hah,you must be dumb,you have an iPhone. I so smrt I have a Nexus!

I have no great like of the n4 but I want it to do well. It only helps my agenda in the long run

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am impressed. I tried all the arguments. Low price, awesome performance etc. but it didn't lead anywhere. I can't even mention the Nexus 4 anymore without being nearly yelled at, seriously wonder what I did wrong. :p

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not allowed to talk about it any more heh, as my fianc?e doesn't share my obsessiveness for such things. But they're both coming to the end of their contract and see it as a good upgrade from the GS1 and GS2 respectively, and see it as their best option.

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So can we hope, that if I can only buy a N4 in the evening of 13, there wont be a sign saying: SOLD OUT! I'm crossing my fingers.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
buy it and use it in front of them, show them photoshere all the goodies that Nexus can do.
I have a iphone friend and we always have friendly argument about iOS and Android, I always show him features about Android which he dont have and show him that Apple is walled garden
like this one time i took his iphone and tried to move 1 icon to an empty home screen and place it in the middle of the screen. I know iOS wont let you that.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I hope it does well but not too well. My reason is that if it does too well then thats telling Google that everyone is ok with the small memory they put in it..which is too small.

On the other hand, if it sells great, it is telling other carriers that people want phones with fast updates and no bloatware and perhaps that can be a reality. Id love for Samsung to tell the US carriers to go pound sand with them delaying our updates so they can put their crap on it and just release it straight from them instead. They are selling enough of them now to dictate. Hec they got them to accept one version of the GS3. And i dont mean just for Samsung phones but it should be that way for all of them.

I dont really care about the Nexus just being for Devs and if the other phones got updates as fast, i wouldnt get a Nexus.