Timer Work through Voice Command?

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In 4.1 and previous, if you said "set a timer for XXX Minutes", it would set an alarm for that many minutes from now which could be off by as much as a full minute (or 30 seconds, not sure how it rounds). On the Nexus 4/4.2 does this now actually set a timer?

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember which of the many reviews I saw this in, but I don't think the timer works on voice command for anything other than whole minutes still, but I'm sure one of the reviews mentioned this, it might have even been in one of Phil's videos.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember which of the many reviews I saw this in, but I don't think the timer works on voice command for anything other than whole minutes still, but I'm sure one of the reviews mentioned this, it might have even been in one of Phil's videos.

Like you said for 4.1, the issue is still there. if you say "set timer for xx minutes" it just sets an alarm does not start a timer, which does only to the minute so saying "set timer for 5 minutes" could be 4min 1 second to 5 min long. Hopefully that will change upon release.

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, that's pretty weak that it isn't built into 4.2. It's pretty simple and it just kinda shows poor planning.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, that's pretty weak that it isn't built into 4.2. It's pretty simple and it just kinda shows poor planning.
The current 4.2 release on the Nexus devices that are out for review are an incomplete build. I'd be surprised if the final release was missing this simple update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie