Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Check your state's website (like the treasury site) to see precisely what sales tax is, if you have one.

Or you can always just Google "Missouri sales tax".

Or you can make a new thread and see if other people will Google it for you...

cnguyen0320

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if they can make you pay tax... Unless a company has retail stores within your state, sales taxes are not being issued. They will ask you to pay shipping though.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if they can make you pay tax... Unless a company has retail stores within your state, sales taxes are not being issued. They will ask you to pay shipping though.

You'll be paying sales tax from pretty much any state in the country that has one on record. Gone are the days of not paying sales tax on the internet.

cnguyen0320

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
You'll be paying sales tax from pretty much any state in the country that has one on record. Gone are the days of not paying sales tax on the internet.

I still don't pay sales tax for Amazon which I doesn't have a facility in Wisconsin. I'd assume google doesn't have many facilities around the country since they are based on a virtual service

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I still don't pay sales tax for Amazon which I doesn't have a facility in Wisconsin. I'd assume google doesn't have many facilities around the country since they are based on a virtual service

I think you should plan on paying sales tax. If they don't charge you it's a bonus.

Here in WA where we have a ~10% sales tax, I'm being rung up for it ($20.02 on $199) on a Nexus 7 purchase, and I'm expecting the exact same to be true of the Nexus 4.

cnguyen0320

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I think you should plan on paying sales tax. If they don't charge you it's a bonus.

Here in WA where we have a ~10% sales tax, I'm being rung up for it on a Nexus 7 purchase, and I'm expecting the exact same to be true of the Nexus 4.

Yeah, I'd do this to be safe. Also the tax rate would be the same for anything else where you live. So if you go to Best Buy and have to pay a 5% tax, your tax on the nexus will be 5%.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Here in WA where we have a ~10% sales tax, I'm being rung up for it ($20.02 on $199) on a Nexus 7 purchase, and I'm expecting the exact same to be true of the Nexus 4.

I disagree. I still don't have to pay taxes on Amazon. Its taxable only in few states. I dont pay taxes on lot of online purchase i make.
i know there are talks about making all states taxable for online purchase but its not active yet.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. I still don't have to pay taxes on Amazon. Its taxable only in few states. I dont pay taxes on lot of online purchase i make.
i know there are talks about making all states taxable for online purchase but its not active yet.

Go to the Play Store, add a 16GB Nexus 7 to your cart and select an address. Your answer awaits...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Play Store, add a 16GB Nexus 7 to your cart and select an address. Your answer awaits...
I agree playstore charge you taxes. i am not denying that. in fact I am denying only one thing you said.
you said gone are the days where you don't pay taxes for online retailers on all states.
I am saying its not gone yet. Amazon dont charge me taxes. they charge tax only in few states. It will soon be gone but not yet.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Damn! Google has an office in Toronto Canada, guess I am paying taxes (this i was expected but i had my hopes up.) Bonus, maybe they will ship it from Toronto and I will receive my phone Wednesday or Tuesday afternoon :D If orders go live early morning and they can have it shipped out I may be lucky enough to catch the afternoon shipping.

EDIT: Whoa big bonus for canadians.
"Information about taxes

Google Canada Corp. is the merchant of record for items sold via devices on Google Play. All prices include GST. " Information about taxes - Google Play Help

Now I am wondering since I am in Ontario and we have HST.... is the 309$ price all tax included? or should factor in the 6/7%

Really this seems to good to be true.

EDIT: confirmed on another forum that this is indeed to good to be true.

Last edited:

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Google operates in all states, therefore taxes apply in all 50. Amazon is different, they don't operate in all 50, taxes can only apply to states where a business operates.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Unlucky. We only have an import tax of 10% on orders over $1000 + extra tax's for cars. They are thinking about a lower tax bracket for over a few hundred but its said it would cost more to monitor then it will create.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Unlucky. We only have an import tax of 10% on orders over $1000 + extra tax's for cars. They are thinking about a lower tax bracket for over a few hundred but its said it would cost more to monitor then it will create.

Different country, different taxes. We don't have a federal sales tax in the U.S., but 45 (afaik) of our 50 states have their own sales taxes, of varying costs. That's just how it is.

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol I am so glad to live in Oregon no sales tax expect for the towns that wants it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy