Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

Default Taxes

How would I find out how much taxes I will pay when I purchase this phone? I live in Missouri if that helps.

Default Re: Taxes

Check your state's website (like the treasury site) to see precisely what sales tax is, if you have one.

Or you can always just Google "Missouri sales tax".

Or you can make a new thread and see if other people will Google it for you...
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:
    BCVisin likes this.

I'm not sure if they can make you pay tax... Unless a company has retail stores within your state, sales taxes are not being issued. They will ask you to pay shipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by cnguyen0320 View Post
    I'm not sure if they can make you pay tax... Unless a company has retail stores within your state, sales taxes are not being issued. They will ask you to pay shipping though.
    You'll be paying sales tax from pretty much any state in the country that has one on record. Gone are the days of not paying sales tax on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    You'll be paying sales tax from pretty much any state in the country that has one on record. Gone are the days of not paying sales tax on the internet.
    I still don't pay sales tax for Amazon which I doesn't have a facility in Wisconsin. I'd assume google doesn't have many facilities around the country since they are based on a virtual service

I still don't pay sales tax for Amazon which I doesn't have a facility in Wisconsin. I'd assume google doesn't have many facilities around the country since they are based on a virtual service
    I think you should plan on paying sales tax. If they don't charge you it's a bonus.

Here in WA where we have a ~10% sales tax, I'm being rung up for it ($20.02 on $199) on a Nexus 7 purchase, and I'm expecting the exact same to be true of the Nexus 4.

I think you should plan on paying sales tax. If they don't charge you it's a bonus.

Here in WA where we have a ~10% sales tax, I'm being rung up for it on a Nexus 7 purchase, and I'm expecting the exact same to be true of the Nexus 4.
    Yeah, I'd do this to be safe. Also the tax rate would be the same for anything else where you live. So if you go to Best Buy and have to pay a 5% tax, your tax on the nexus will be 5%.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

It's 4.225 percent.
    Andrew Martonik likes this.

Here in WA where we have a ~10% sales tax, I'm being rung up for it ($20.02 on $199) on a Nexus 7 purchase, and I'm expecting the exact same to be true of the Nexus 4.
    I disagree. I still don't have to pay taxes on Amazon. Its taxable only in few states. I dont pay taxes on lot of online purchase i make.
    i know there are talks about making all states taxable for online purchase but its not active yet.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I disagree. I still don't have to pay taxes on Amazon. Its taxable only in few states. I dont pay taxes on lot of online purchase i make.
    i know there are talks about making all states taxable for online purchase but its not active yet.
    Go to the Play Store, add a 16GB Nexus 7 to your cart and select an address. Your answer awaits...

Go to the Play Store, add a 16GB Nexus 7 to your cart and select an address. Your answer awaits...
    I agree playstore charge you taxes. i am not denying that. in fact I am denying only one thing you said.
    you said gone are the days where you don't pay taxes for online retailers on all states.
    I am saying its not gone yet. Amazon dont charge me taxes. they charge tax only in few states. It will soon be gone but not yet.

Damn! Google has an office in Toronto Canada, guess I am paying taxes (this i was expected but i had my hopes up.) Bonus, maybe they will ship it from Toronto and I will receive my phone Wednesday or Tuesday afternoon If orders go live early morning and they can have it shipped out I may be lucky enough to catch the afternoon shipping.

EDIT: Whoa big bonus for canadians.
    "Information about taxes

Google Canada Corp. is the merchant of record for items sold via devices on Google Play. All prices include GST. "

Now I am wondering since I am in Ontario and we have HST.... is the 309$ price all tax included? or should factor in the 6/7%

Really this seems to good to be true.

EDIT: confirmed on another forum that this is indeed to good to be true.
    Last edited by wahoo25; 11-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Google operates in all states, therefore taxes apply in all 50. Amazon is different, they don't operate in all 50, taxes can only apply to states where a business operates.
    Thanked by:
    Andrew Martonik likes this.

Does Google offer two day or overnight shipping ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Edit: 2 day by default.

Well if you go add a N7 to your cart and check it out you'll see it has 2 day shipping with no other options. Its been said in this thread already thats a good way to find out tax so...

Default shipping is UPS 2-day I believe.

Unlucky. We only have an import tax of 10% on orders over $1000 + extra tax's for cars. They are thinking about a lower tax bracket for over a few hundred but its said it would cost more to monitor then it will create.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Unlucky. We only have an import tax of 10% on orders over $1000 + extra tax's for cars. They are thinking about a lower tax bracket for over a few hundred but its said it would cost more to monitor then it will create.
    Different country, different taxes. We don't have a federal sales tax in the U.S., but 45 (afaik) of our 50 states have their own sales taxes, of varying costs. That's just how it is.

Lol I am so glad to live in Oregon no sales tax expect for the towns that wants it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Csan508 View Post
    Lol I am so glad to live in Oregon no sales tax expect for the towns that wants it

And you get income taxes in return .

WA residents kinda get the best of both. We don't have income tax, and we travel to OR for big purchases to save on sales tax haha.

We basically here just get Income tax, a few purchases likes car's & import for large amounts.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Yeah and we can go up there with our Oregon drivers license and get away with not paying but yea you do have best of both worlds what part wa you from I am in the Willamette Valley

But of course you report the purchase on your state tax returns and pay the sales tax as the law requires, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Csan508 View Post
    Yeah and we can go up there with our Oregon drivers license and get away with not paying but yea you do have best of both worlds what part wa you from I am in the Willamette Valley
    Just south of Seattle, in Puyallup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast