Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: What time available at the store on Tue?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrential View Post
    Hmm, so I just read that the iPhone 5S will be released in Q1 2013, hmmm, difficult decision now.
    HELL NO NOT REALLY, let's roll on tuesdayyyyy. Well actually wednesday that sounds better.
    I thought you were trying to troll with the iPhone 5S but you're right lol. Wasn't the iPhone 5 just released in September??

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    I thought you were trying to troll with the iPhone 5S but you're right lol. Wasn't the iPhone 5 just released in September??
    Yes haha, they are being funny lately. A new iPad after a half year, now a new iPhone after a half year, well can't blame them because the only way they can keep up with other developers now is by releasing new hardware faster, the fans will still wait days in front of the Apple Stores to buy it, I just seriously wonder for how long that will work, eventually even the dumbest users will figure out that this is just ridiculous.

I never had anything against Apple, I've been using iPhones for over 5 years, but the way they fool customers nowadays just makes me sick, hence why I'm getting rid of it and switch to Google.
    bilago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    I am going to sleep with gmail sync on and the loudest ringtone for notification. So when it goes live, I will be very much in the know.....Sorry for all those sad cookies that wont be getting this on launch day ....if you are in Kenya, I could sort you out
    You don't really think they're going to email you the instant it's live, do you? There's a ****load of emails to go to everyone.....
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    Putting aside the physical day and time based on location on the earth, if the store opens at the same time across the world, we would all get the phone at the same time, we wouldn't have it a day before you would have it.
    :banghead:
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Going to say 12 AM PT/3 AM ET.

ChromeJob, great avi. +1

I know this will probably not be available on the site until 3:01 AM Eastern Time but I cannot resist keeping the play store open here at work and continually hitting the F5 key. Not sure I will be able to actaully sleep without getting out of bed to check the N7 and the store site tonight. It's almost worse than Christmas when I was a kid lol.
    ChromeJob and Ricky2009 like this.

Mid-afternoon PST is the Google way.

I've got an update:

According to a Google Germany publicist the order page will go live here only in the afternoon/evening. This however is only for Germany, so that COULD mean that it has a connection to the US release time, since that would point most likely to a launch in the morning PST.

I know it's German but here's the link to his Google+ Profile, in case you don't believe it!

ROM
    Jelly Bean

All I know is I need one before it sells out. Getting it for an anniversary present.

He posted another update:
    According to him it'll be available in the morning now in Germany. No idea what that will mean for the all other countries though.

I called Google, and they say it's coming out midnight US time. Whether that's east coast or west coast, they're not sure, all they know is that it's coming out midnight.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    I called Google, and they say it's coming out midnight US time. Whether that's east coast or west coast, they're not sure, all they know is that it's coming out midnight.
    Most likely PST. Because if it launched midnight PST it would be 9am here, which would make sense with what the German Google+ publicist said.

I'd Guess Midnight PST. It's Tuesday in every timezone then.

Makes sense for Google to favor their own timezone xD
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default What freaking time???

Does this thing go on sale? Should I stay up til midnight?!!

Default Re: What freaking time???

I would stay up until it's open. From what I can gather it will be 12 pst but no one really knows.

I'm in Hawaii so PST is 10pm here. I really want to nab the Nexus but don't know for sure if accesories will be available as well. I know someone confirmed with Google but still everything may ad up to well over 400$

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydc View Post
    I'm in Hawaii so PST is 10pm here. I really want to nab the Nexus but don't know for sure if accesories will be available as well. I know someone confirmed with Google but still everything may ad up to well over 400$
    Course there will be many stuff available, there acually are many third party cases etc. out there by now. And to be honest, you'd need to buy accessories for any phone anyways, that doesn't make the Nexus anymore expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Mid-afternoon PST is the Google way.
    Agreed, 6am here not open.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by AbbaiG View Post
    30 minutes to midnight in Melbourne. Lets see what happens!!
    6am in Perth 2-3 hours behind melb depending on daylight savings and nope closed.

Edit: Whoops double post, didn't notice was in the same thread.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

I meant official accessories. I know there are 3rd party options but it would be nice to order everything in 1 shot you know?

In case someone is bored:

Kinda funny how different reviews can be. I find the verdict a little silly, but this was interesting:
    The most impressive part of the phone to me was the battery. Its the same battery thats inside the Optimus G but I found that the Nexus 4 has even better performance

On my iPhone 5, Im lucky if I can get through 10 hours with heavy to moderate use. With the Nexus 4, I was able to go 14 hours before needing to recharge the phone and this was with tons of open apps, lots of online communications, tons of data downloads and even some quality time with Grand Theft Auto III.

Im not sure if it was Android 4.2 and Googlel own optimizations that led to the increased battery life or if it was the lack of a 4G radio (more on that below) but this is one smartphone that wont leave you searching for a place to get extra juice.

Last week i saw a charge for Transformers Dark Side of The Moon on my youtube account. I thought this strage as I would a) never buy, or even rent for that matter, something off youtube and b) never watch michealingexplosionsbay

I called the play store to ask about the purchase and the rep explained to me that it was actually a promotion during september and it appeared to just be a transaction. I asked if he knew anything about the nexus4 release and he said that he didnt know anything specifically about the launch, but in the past it has been 12a PST. I live in WI so i am shooting for a 2am launch!

Good Luck Everybody

12am PST it is!!! Only 8 hours and a half to go!!!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast