What time available at the store on Tue?

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE - I just checked my Google Wallet statement and it's showing that I've bought an N4, so I'm probably sorted. Seems that I missed the confirmation email because I've set messages from Google Commerce to be filed straight into a receipts folder in Gmail. It's still odd that neither of my transactions actually went through the whole process at the time, but I'm grateful that one of them did. Still doesn't change the slightly unsatisfactory purchase experience though, to the extent that I'll only be confident it's worked when the phone actually arrives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad for you guys :( I hope you all get your sweet N4s!

Sent from my MetroPCS GalaxyS3 consistently getting around 7-8mpbs down... contracts and data limits need not apply.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
agreed. the UK gadget sites like CNET UK, TechRadar, Gizmodo UK, etc. jizzed all over this thing, whereas Verge, VentureBeat (did you see their pathetic excuse for a review yesterday?) couldn't get past the no-LTE.

LOL, don't bet on it. I bet the US sells out faster than anywhere in the world so far. LTE doesn't mean squat. I'm in US and could care less about LTE! Take my money Google!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Such torture and sleep deprivation..
Yea, tell me about it! I'm draggin at work.. The only thing that's keeping me going is in 1.5hrs, it will be on sale finally! But I'm sure like everywhere else in the world, the Google servers will crash in < 5mins and then display 'SOLD OUT'... LMAO

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of people calling Google to confirm the noon eastern launch time.
Hopefully more people are trying for the 16 as I'm going for the 8.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I have an 11-12 EST meeting, and a 12-1 EST meeting. The likelihood that I'll have time to jump online between them and place an order is almost nil. :-/

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list of people calling Google to confirm the noon eastern launch time.
Hopefully more people are trying for the 16 as I'm going for the 8.

I'm going for the 8 giger as well. My problem is I have a telephone meeting a 11:30 which may take a while. Hope i do not let an F bomb slip when the ASO msg pops up.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine kept locking up and then I lost it in my cart :-( Now I only have an 8gb in my cart and I still am getting an error when I check out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
... But I'm sure like everywhere else in the world, the Google servers will crash in < 5mins and then display 'SOLD OUT'... LMAO
Good prediction. Store "Add to cart" links are coming and going as I watch. And once you add either to the cart, checking out is throwing several types of server error (500, 404). Even buying the bumper is failing. Their store software just isn't up to the load.

It's early days, yet. The Nexus 10 page has "Add to cart" but still has the yellow "Available for purchase 11/13/12" box. So they're clearly just waking up and drinking their first espresso of the morning here in Mountain View.[1] LOL

ME, I'm going to do this as a late Christmas present to myself ... Let the cases and covers start coming out and see people's posts in the Accessories sub-forum ... Watch and see if Google poops out another "get a $25 credit to your Wallet account" promotion for the holiday punters. Or maybe even intro that magical 32GB version. All conjecture and dreamin' on my part, but things we've seen before.

[I'm a software test analyst who tests, among many things, online store software. So I know how tricky the server and backend systems can be to support and keep running under a heavy load.]
[1] /Me visiting Mt View from my usual homebase of Raleigh, NC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21