Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

Default What time available at the store on Tue?

Anybody know what time we will be able to order the phone at Google Play?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: What time available at the store on Tue?

No one knows yet. remember the F5 . its the refresh button.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ricky2009 and andr0idralphie like this.

My theory, Opens in Aus 13th, but apparently in the US 13th. Thus, there is a 12 hour window!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

Just found out work is going to buy me one!! Had better set my alarm for 12:01am. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Teejai80 View Post
    Just found out work is going to buy me one!! Had better set my alarm for 12:01am. lol
    LUCKY DUCK! I wish I finished school already. Well 2 days left and 2 exams (1 won't count to my final mark as its not in my top 4 subjects (Y))
    Tom Fairclough

Quote Originally Posted by Teejai80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    LUCKY DUCK! I wish I finished school already. Well 2 days left and 2 exams (1 won't count to my final mark as its not in my top 4 subjects (Y))
    my work gave me those BB. I liked it at first then later started hating it. i used it for 3 years(never paid telephone bill for 3 years )

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    No one knows yet. remember the F5 . its the refresh button.
    Oh god, those poor US Servers. If you manage to crash 'em you'll get a cookie.

Who is ready? I am, Went to one bank took out $420. Walked across the into what i thought was mums to put it on her visa... went to push in, turns out it was the wrong bank... walked across the road to the correct bank! (There were 3 banks) Moral of the Story. I HAVE A VISA CARD TO USE ONLINE! Mum doesn't use her card so I am looking after it for the week. Yes I was planning to buy it from JB HI FI but apparently LG said they won't be announcing stores till the end of the month.

FIrst thing tomorrow morning, about 7pm your time I will be on the store to check if I can buy it.
    Tom Fairclough

Who is ready? I am, Went to one bank took out $420. Walked across the into what i thought was mums to put it on her visa... went to push in, turns out it was the wrong bank... walked across the road to the correct bank! (There were 3 banks) Moral of the Story. I HAVE A VISA CARD TO USE ONLINE! Mum doesn't use her card so I am looking after it for the week. Yes I was planning to buy it from JB HI FI but apparently LG said they won't be announcing stores till the end of the month.

FIrst thing tomorrow morning, about 7pm your time I will be on the store to check if I can buy it.
    I am going to sleep with gmail sync on and the loudest ringtone for notification. So when it goes live, I will be very much in the know.....Sorry for all those sad cookies that wont be getting this on launch day ....if you are in Kenya, I could sort you out

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to sleep with gmail sync on and the loudest ringtone for notification. So when it goes live, I will be very much in the know.....Sorry for all those sad cookies that wont be getting this on launch day ....if you are in Kenya, I could sort you out

30 minutes to midnight in Melbourne. Lets see what happens!!

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbbaiG View Post
    any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by AbbaiG View Post
    I imagine not a lot as even it it does launch at "midnight" in Aus, that'll be when it's midnight on the west coast, the east coast is 3 hours behind so chances are it'll either be then or when it's midnight PST.

I'm in the same timezone. Nada.

I think if anything it will be 12 on the West coast not Australia.

Unless Google has 2 separate websites, mine still says Tuesday. Maybe Australia website now says open?

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

No nothing has changed on aus site.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure they are launching at one time, and not at 12am in every timezone/country. Wouldn't be fair to us here in the US.
    bobsacomano likes this.
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Would it kill Google to say "available to order at 1pm PST" or something to that effect?
    Thanked by:
    Kamin 

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    Pretty sure they are launching at one time, and not at 12am in every timezone/country. Wouldn't be fair to us here in the US.
    I can't tell if you're serious?

Fair would be midnight in each separate play store entity so that shipments are all sent out at the same time relatively speaking. Releasing at the same time world wide effectively leaves Aus a day later than everyone else
    KenDavidson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    That doesn't really make sense, since sales will still start earlier in other countries besides the US, and people will also receive the phone earlier than most in the US, that's just how timezones work.
    But to me it's not a surprise if it doesn't launch at midnight, I think it will just go online as soon as the normal workday starts on tuesday, so around 7-9am most likely.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm betting between 12am - 3am EST time.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

~14hrs to go... WOO HOO!!! So hard to work today... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by antonusklesk View Post
    I can't tell if you're serious?

Fair would be midnight in each separate play store entity so that shipments are all sent out at the same time relatively speaking. Releasing at the same time world wide effectively leaves Aus a day later than everyone else
    Putting aside the physical day and time based on location on the earth, if the store opens at the same time across the world, we would all get the phone at the same time, we wouldn't have it a day before you would have it.

Hmm, so I just read that the iPhone 5S will be released in Q1 2013, hmmm, difficult decision now.
    HELL NO NOT REALLY, let's roll on tuesdayyyyy. Well actually wednesday that sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    Putting aside the physical day and time based on location on the earth, if the store opens at the same time across the world, we would all get the phone at the same time, we wouldn't have it a day before you would have it.
    No, not really.

If we all order a phone at 00:01 PST, and it ships in "2 days", then people in Australia will get it first. Just like they get New Year celebrations first.

The UPS guy won't be delivering on PST, he'll be delivering on home-time, so hour of ordering really makes no difference whatsoever. Shipping and delivery will be in local time.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast