Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Small tip for those staying up tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Syrential View Post
    The real question is, will be the Google servers be able to withstand the run on it? I can see this thing go down for a while......
    Definitely. Between Google I/O Conference tickets going on sale, as well as the Nexus 7, I've never seen one of their order pages go down due to heavy traffic.
    MERCDROID and Syrential like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmace View Post
    Maybe not, is not like Google servers have to deal with a lot of traffic every millisecond of every day
    Well yeah, but that's most likely a completely different system and has nothing to do with the rest of Google, I doubt there's a connection. I'm just saying, it wouldn't be the first time such thing happens to a big company *cough*.

Dang it, I hate getting up early, but hey. I'll do just that.
    MERCDROID and Syrential like this.

I'm still lost!! So what everyone thinks will happen is 12am pst which is 3am est...is that what we are thinking now? I know no one knows for sure but is that the general idea?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    I'm still lost!! So what everyone thinks will happen is 12am pst which is 3am est...is that what we are thinking now? I know no one knows for sure but is that the general idea?
    Yes. It seems like the most commonly accepted thought is that it will be on sale at 12am PST.

Which would also be the most logical, considering Google's HQ is in the Pacific time zone.
    Zee

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Definitely. Between Google I/O Conference tickets going on sale, as well as the Nexus 7, I've never seen one of their order pages go down due to heavy traffic.
    If Google can't ramp up their store servers to handle heavy traffic who can? They only serve gazillions bazillions quadrillions search requests every day (I exaggerate to clarify)
    MERCDROID likes this.

Perfect. I just wish someone could say "I talked to Google and it's open at 12 and they said they have enough. Don't worry" but no one can say that can they?

Perfect. I just wish someone could say "I talked to Google and it's open at 12 and they said they have enough. Don't worry" but no one can say that can they?
    Nope. Only the German time is confirmed so far, everything else remains in the dark.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

I talked to Google and it's open at 12 and they said they have enough. Don't worry
    ^This guy just said it.

Confirmed.

So the German time means 12pst and 3est....that's really all I care about.

I wish to find the person that invented the Pacific time and **** on his grave.
    nickacs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I wish to find the person that invented the Pacific time and **** on his grave.
    Hey. I don't want to be awake during the night and sleep during the day. Pee on god for making night and day.
    I reckon it will be morning Germany time/
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Hey. I don't want to be awake during the night and sleep during the day. Pee on god for making night and day.
    I reckon it will be morning Germany time/
    I wish it was at midnight, that'd just be a few minutes left. Sleeping will be a hell tonight. I'm a night person and since I have some off time right now I don't usually go sleep before 4-5am, and then it's supposed to be released at 9am. ARGHHHH!
    But I also feel pity for you Australians, if it really is released so late over there. I still hope they'll do overnight shipping or something for you guys!

If its 9am Germany release time it is about 4pm on West Coast and between 6-7Pm on the east so not too bad, express would be nice but doubtful. It could be why our 16gb model is about 70 odd dollars more
    Tom Fairclough

I wish it was more expensive because of that! But apparently they say that over here there will be another 10 Euro for shipping. I mean honestly, that's just a rip off haha.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You would think this would be life or death situation with knowing the actual time. They aren't going to sell out...relax. It will be out to buy anywhere from 12am till about 5am tomorrow morning, and ship out tomorrow if ordered early enough. Relax...

ROM
    AOKP

Why does everyone think the nexus 4 will be popular enough to go out of stock as fast as the iphone 5?
    That's the real question
    nothing nothing nothing

Im budgeting for 420 including shipping. We don't we just want to phone and will just make sure we have it.
    Tom Fairclough

Wait I'm in Puerto Rico we don't have daylight savings here. Right now is 7:02. Does that mean that the time is 6:02 Eastern right?

Does that mean that I'll have to stay until 2:00 or until 4:00?

ROM
    Paranoid android

Just called Google support and he said he was not sure but leaks suggest a 12:01 PST release. He told me to keep refreshing the page, oh how refreshing!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarry250 View Post
    Just called Google support and he said he was not sure but leaks suggest a 12:01 PST release. He told me to keep refreshing the page, oh how refreshing!
    He probably feels like his ear keeps hitting refresh if people are calling Google support about a phone release time...
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

So it looks like 12 midnight here in California?

ROM
    Paranoid android

Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post
    He probably feels like his ear keeps hitting refresh if people are calling Google support about a phone release time...
    That's is true but my wait time was about 10 seconds so that either means people are asking short question, release time, or not calling?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12