Small tip for those staying up tonight...

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The real question is, will be the Google servers be able to withstand the run on it? I can see this thing go down for a while......

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The real question is, will be the Google servers be able to withstand the run on it? I can see this thing go down for a while......

Definitely. Between Google I/O Conference tickets going on sale, as well as the Nexus 7, I've never seen one of their order pages go down due to heavy traffic.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not, is not like Google servers have to deal with a lot of traffic every millisecond of every day

Well yeah, but that's most likely a completely different system and has nothing to do with the rest of Google, I doubt there's a connection. I'm just saying, it wouldn't be the first time such thing happens to a big company *cough*.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still lost!! So what everyone thinks will happen is 12am pst which is 3am est...is that what we are thinking now? I know no one knows for sure but is that the general idea?

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm still lost!! So what everyone thinks will happen is 12am pst which is 3am est...is that what we are thinking now? I know no one knows for sure but is that the general idea?

Yes. It seems like the most commonly accepted thought is that it will be on sale at 12am PST.

Which would also be the most logical, considering Google's HQ is in the Pacific time zone.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. Between Google I/O Conference tickets going on sale, as well as the Nexus 7, I've never seen one of their order pages go down due to heavy traffic.

If Google can't ramp up their store servers to handle heavy traffic who can? They only serve gazillions bazillions quadrillions search requests every day (I exaggerate to clarify) ;)

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Perfect. I just wish someone could say "I talked to Google and it's open at 12 and they said they have enough. Don't worry" but no one can say that can they?

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I don't want to be awake during the night and sleep during the day. Pee on god for making night and day.
I reckon it will be morning Germany time/

I wish it was at midnight, that'd just be a few minutes left. Sleeping will be a hell tonight. I'm a night person and since I have some off time right now I don't usually go sleep before 4-5am, and then it's supposed to be released at 9am. ARGHHHH!
But I also feel pity for you Australians, if it really is released so late over there. I still hope they'll do overnight shipping or something for you guys!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If its 9am Germany release time it is about 4pm on West Coast and between 6-7Pm on the east so not too bad, express would be nice but doubtful. It could be why our 16gb model is about 70 odd dollars more ;)

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was more expensive because of that! But apparently they say that over here there will be another 10 Euro for shipping. I mean honestly, that's just a rip off haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret