Python script to notify you the minute the Nexus 4 page goes on sale

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
WOW, I can't believe how many requests I have gotten from people to add their email! I am up to 20! Also, I am adding them as fast as they are coming in, although I keep getting this:
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between sending private messages.
when I try and reply that is is added, so bear with me as I reply to you all. Also, expect an email from Blake@oybro.com (coming from my local box, so no DKIM or SPF records set up <-- meaning it will likely look like spam but It seems to get through to my @gmail account easily enough.

-Blake

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So they keep changing the page...not sure what it is, but I don't want to flood all of you with false emails, so I am actively working on adding a diff script so we know what changed on the page.

firstness

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Chrome Page Monitor I haven't got any change notifications since the bumper case became available. Maybe your refresh interval is too short?

I'm in Canada btw.

Edit: I'm using 60 s interval.

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Chrome Page Monitor I haven't got any change notifications since the bumper case became available. Maybe your refresh interval is too short?

I'm in Canada btw.

Edit: I'm using 60 s interval.

Ya, not sure what keeps changing, but it hasn't changed ALL DAY and now it keeps sending emails. I am refreshing every 30 sec, and have been all day.

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for spamming you all, but It is just because google keeps updating the page. I assume if you sent me your email you are OK with getting notified when Google changes the Nexus 4 8GB or 16GB page.

Thanks,
Blake

firstness

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
And now it seems gone....They are killing me.

I wonder if this is the result of various google cloud servers receiving updates at different times. Perhaps once N4 sales go live, not everyone will be able to order straight away as they will still see the old page.

BCVisin

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is the result of various google cloud servers receiving updates at different times. Perhaps once N4 sales go live, not everyone will be able to order straight away as they will still see the old page.

That is exactly what I was seeing. It would be a single MD5, then another, then the first, then the second again. I finally decided to check against a list of known MD5's and the spamming issue seems to have gone away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa