1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shipping Charges, Etc?

Other than the phone's price, does Google charge for both shipping and sales tax? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Shipping Charges, Etc?

I tried it with the Nexus 7 and it said. Shipping 13,99. Tax 0,00.

I hope is the same way with my Phone. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I tried it with the Nexus 7 and it said. Shipping 13,99. Tax 0,00.

I hope is the same way with my Phone. >_<
    What state are you in?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by LssThanThree View Post
    What state are you in?
    Kansas

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

With 6% sales tax and the appears-to-be-usual $13.99 shipping, I'm expecting to get hit up for $383.93. I'm so used to Amazon Prime and their no sales tax and "free" 2-day shipping. If only they were selling the N4 so I could save the $34. Boo.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

ROM
    Slim Bean on my Vibrant

I know I payed taxes in Texas when I ordered my NX7

13.99 Shipping! Damn that's expensive. If im going to pay that much might as well opt for overnight.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How much is overnight shipping?
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by Enviii View Post
    13.99 Shipping! Damn that's expensive. If im going to pay that much might as well opt for overnight.
    looks like there may not be overnight
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Any Canadians on here that have ordered a device from the play store? On a site I found it says:

"Google Canada Corp. is the merchant of record for items sold via devices on Google Play. All prices include GST."

Includes GST? Does that mean they only add provincial tax to the price that's quoted on the site?

None of them, I'm in Puerto Rico. The tax here is 7% so I don't think is going to be 340$ dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Any Canadians on here that have ordered a device from the play store? On a site I found it says:

"Google Canada Corp. is the merchant of record for items sold via devices on Google Play. All prices include GST."

Includes GST? Does that mean they only add provincial tax to the price that's quoted on the site?

Canadian here. on the Google Play Store Canada site, the price is shown as $359. that seems like an odd number, so i'm guessing tax is already added and we would just pay for shipping
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Arrow View Post
    Canadian here. on the Google Play Store Canada site, the price is shown as $359. that seems like an odd number, so i'm guessing tax is already added and we would just pay for shipping
    I'm not so sure about this. $359 is only $10 more than on the American site and $10 wouldn't cover our taxes. I'm fully expecting this to go over 4 bills.

I only hope that thing about GST is accurate, since we have HST now which combines GST+PST. If the GST is already added then i'm only looking at 8% tax.

Start ordering an N7, see what the system calculates as tax and shipping....

I'm not so sure about this. $359 is only $10 more than on the American site and $10 wouldn't cover our taxes. I'm fully expecting this to go over 4 bills.

I only hope that thing about GST is accurate, since we have HST now which combines GST+PST. If the GST is already added then i'm only looking at 8% tax.
    damn i hope it doesn't go over 4 bills

Global Posts
    4,264 Global Posts

I got free shipping on my Nexus 7
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Arrow View Post
    damn i hope it doesn't go over 4 bills
    Someone suggesting trying the Nexus 7 and seeing what it adds for tax...bad news..it added the full 13%.
    $359 CDN + 13% = $405.67

If one living in Ontario were to order a Nexus 7 (16GB):
    List Price: 209
    Shipping: 19.99
    Subtotal: 228.99
    Tax: 27.17
    Total: 256.16

According to my math $27.17 is 13% of $209 which means that google is charging the full 13%

I assume this will be calculated similarially on the Nexus 4......on the plus it looks like the taxes are applied to the device only, not the shipping.....
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRodeo View Post
    If one living in Ontario were to order a Nexus 7 (16GB):
    List Price: 209
    Shipping: 19.99
    Subtotal: 228.99
    Tax: 27.17
    Total: 256.16

According to my math $27.17 is 13% of $209 which means that google is charging the full 13%

I assume this will be calculated similarially on the Nexus 4......on the plus it looks like the taxes are applied to the device only, not the shipping.....
    Man I hope it's not $20 shipping for the phone, it's a lot smaller than the tablet. *Sigh*, $420 or so...

Someone suggesting trying the Nexus 7 and seeing what it adds for tax...bad news..it added the full 13%.
    $359 CDN + 13% = $405.67
    well...i guess it's still not that bad of a deal considering what you're getting

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

I wish I could drive up to Mountain View and pick it up at midnight. Lol

It adds 9,99 Euro shipping over here when I try to order the Nexus 7, interestingly it says priority shipping though.

By the way: Don't forget to remove the Nexus 7 again from your basket, so you don't accidentally order both in the hurry!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

$359 CDN + 13% = $405.67
    Man, 13% tax. That's rough.

People here complain about ours getting close to 8%
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

WTF? Im in PA. I doubt they have a location they sell from in PA....So I shouldn't be taxed...PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    WTF? Im in PA. I doubt they have a location they sell from in PA....So I shouldn't be taxed...PERIOD
    Dude every state that has sales tax is going to be taxed. regardless if they have a "location" in that sate