Nexus 4 Shipments Arrive in T-Mobile Stores

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Android developer Peter Alfonso, who works at a T-Mobile store, has posted pictures of the Nexus 4 shipment he received today.

A7hLmlsCIAAfNXX.jpg
81d66cca2cf111e2ab4322000a1fa430_7.jpg
e05ab7862cf311e2b52122000a1fa4b5_7.jpg

He confirmed it is unlocked and there is no WiFi calling. Anyone going to try and score one early?

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You won't be able to get the unlocked version at the same price as the GP store correct?

If it's $349 across the board than yes, I will be looking locally

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I read that TMobile said you can do wifi calling. It doesn't affect me, but for the love of God, can someone get a straight answer?!

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I use GrooVe IP on my Nexus 7 for Wifi calling and it works great. Wouldn't this be a way around the T-Mobile and contract issue. I am on AT&T cell plan so not sure what T-Mobile Wifi is for sure but would seem like a good work around to me.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Is that bar-code thing on the top of LG going to be on the back of all the phones? That looks so annoying and takes away from the beauty of the back.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So yeah like I was saying. TMobile says it does....

Not any more, and the original "statement" was in error.

They did, in a cut-and-pasted boilerplate support document that some one apparently forgot to cut out before posting it. An error that has since been corrected.

Support: Connectivity & data: Google Nexus 4

Or do you have another source that is now saying it does?

Sorry, I wish it did, too. All the carriers have somewhat spotty coverage in my house and I'd GLADLY PAY for seamless WiFi calling.

But it ain't there. That doesn't mean that someone (even T-Mobile) won't add it later - I could easily see T-Mo downloading the firmware and adding it if the phone is popular enough, but then all your firmware updates would have to go through T-Mo on their way to you, so at some point when T-Mobile gives up on doing this you'll end up either living with older firmware or going back to Google OTA and losing WiFi calling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance