Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrew Martonik
  • 1 Post By reign831
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Quality issues?

    Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread:

    Nexus 4 Battery Shot Reveals Potential Quality Issues – xda-developers

    Anyone concerned about any of this?

    Also, anyone concerned about Nexus 7-style initial batch problems? Planning on being an early adopter... Did google do anything under warranty for the intial batch of N7s?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    no.
    Ry likes this.
  3. #3  
    reign831's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by meringues View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread:

    Nexus 4 Battery Shot Reveals Potential Quality Issues xda-developers

    Anyone concerned about any of this?

    Also, anyone concerned about Nexus 7-style initial batch problems? Planning on being an early adopter... Did google do anything under warranty for the intial batch of N7s?
    I think the only quality issues we are experiencing regarding the Nexus 4 is the quality of this forum pre-launch.

    So much speculation and rumor of things that simply cannot be answered until the device is released.
    map1978 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Everything should be fine.

    Unless it causes a screen lift.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Please.. just.. no... no!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by meringues View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread:

    Nexus 4 Battery Shot Reveals Potential Quality Issues xda-developers

    Anyone concerned about any of this?

    Also, anyone concerned about Nexus 7-style initial batch problems? Planning on being an early adopter... Did google do anything under warranty for the intial batch of N7s?
    What did you expect for $299/$350 Samsung build quality?
  7. #7  
    reign831's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    What did you expect for $299/$350 Samsung build quality?
    Samsung? Who brought up Samsung?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    I was one of the unlucky one that got a bad Nexus 7. Of course I was upset but with all 1st releases, there will be some problems. I got a replacement and couldn't be happier. Asus made the tablet and I blame them a bit more than Google. Quality control did not seem to be a concern on both parties. As far as LG. I have an Optimus (yes very old) but it works like charm and no major problems. I trust this time around, quality control is a high priority. You honestly think Google wants to spend money for replacements again? I think they learned their lesson.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    I look at who wrote that and just LOL.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Ok?
  11. #11  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,758 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by meringues View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread:

    Nexus 4 Battery Shot Reveals Potential Quality Issues xda-developers

    Anyone concerned about any of this?

    Also, anyone concerned about Nexus 7-style initial batch problems? Planning on being an early adopter... Did google do anything under warranty for the intial batch of N7s?
    Who exactly inspected a "pre-production" Nexus 4 and what are their "credentials"?



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    "Instead of using tape....use double-sided tape on the bottom of the battery"

    WTF.... lmao I'm with you Jerry...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Quality issues?

    Heh, thanks for putting my mind at ease on this fellas. 16GB N4 will be ordered tonight or tomrrow morning. Switching from 5 years of iOS. Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydc View Post
    I was one of the unlucky one that got a bad Nexus 7. Of course I was upset but with all 1st releases, there will be some problems. I got a replacement and couldn't be happier. Asus made the tablet and I blame them a bit more than Google. Quality control did not seem to be a concern on both parties. As far as LG. I have an Optimus (yes very old) but it works like charm and no major problems. I trust this time around, quality control is a high priority. You honestly think Google wants to spend money for replacements again? I think they learned their lesson.
    Ah as long as Google is straight up about recognizing these issues I'm not nervous at all about buying this phone. Just didn't know what N7 early adopters' experiences were.

Similar Threads

  1. Call quality issues
    By DroidDev in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
  2. Signal/Call Quality issues. Please help!
    By mjesenovec in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
  3. Anyone having quality issues with BT?
    By Auzo in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 09:23 PM
  4. contacts' picture quality issue!
    By Toxa in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 06:13 PM
  5. Voice Quality Issues...ugggh
    By joeturni#CB in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions