anyone concerned about the glass back? One review said it cracked on him

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is not an issue, 'cause I want to order one of these babies, but in this review:
Nexus 4 review | The Verge

the guy says he only knocked it off his coffee table and it cracked the back case.

Please don't say all I have to do is not knock it off of anything. I try to be careful with my stuff, but stuff happens anyway.

What do you think, is this going to be an issue or not?

Thanks

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is not an issue, 'cause I want to order one of these babies, but in this review:

the guy says he only knocked it off his coffee table and it cracked the back case.

Please don't say all I have to do is not knock it off of anything. I try to be careful with my stuff, but stuff happens anyway.

Thanks

Seriously, another thread like this?

Come on guys.

Stop asking questions that CANNOT be answered right now.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
LMAO... seriously... There's soooooo many duplicate threads.. Mods should clean/merge/delete some.. it's getting crazy around here!!!!!!!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Its glass...yes it can break when you drop it. From the reviewers that have dropped it, the damage wasn't that big of a deal. It cracked but the crack was very small, check out TheVerge's crack...its tiny. Other then that we don't know anything until we get it ourselves.

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Guys I'm going to be buying a basketball soon.

I've heard rumors that sometimes the basketball will slowly deflate over time.

I'm not sure if I want to buy one now because I don't want to take this risk.

Please respond soon.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
One guy cracks his phone by dropping it on a kitchen floor and you extrapolate that to being worried about the entire line?
It's $#@%#$@^ Gorilla Glass 2, the most modern iteration of the strongest glass made for phones. Do you think Google/LG would use crappy glass?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The front of my phone is glass. Should I be concerned about it breaking? How would you suggest I protect my screen from drops?

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife dropped her iPhone 4, I stuck my foot out and it landed on top of my shoe face down then bounced off my shoe and landed perfectly flat on it's back. The back was shattered into to many pieces to count and many were incredibly sharp. So long as the back of the Nexus 4 can survive a similar event better and not cost me $80 bucks to repair I'll be very happy.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I see it like this. There's about 6,000 people worldwide using Nexus 4s. I know about 12 people with one.

It's also the same glass composite (Duarte mentioned Gorilla Glass2, but LG doesn't mention the back when they say the front is GG2) that is used on the Optimus G. Thousands of people also are using those (including myself).

Not seeing reports about broken glass in any numbers.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife dropped her iPhone 4, I stuck my foot out and it landed on top of my shoe face down then bounced off my shoe and landed perfectly flat on it's back. The back was shattered into to many pieces to count and many were incredibly sharp. So long as the back of the Nexus 4 can survive a similar event better and not cost me $80 bucks to repair I'll be very happy.

The iPhone glas can literally kill someone! But meh I don't see the big deal in glas. I mean, whether you have a huge dent in your aluminium back or a crack in the glas back, what the hell's the difference?! Not to mention that plastic can crack as well....

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

Yep, it sure is. I prefer not to have a glass back and it is a concern for me so im going to wait to see reviews of actual users in everyday life first to see the battery life and how well the glass holds up.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why do you think Google is selling a bumper? Help prevent breakage and improve signal strength duh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Why do you think Google is selling a bumper? Help prevent breakage and improve signal strength duh

Bumper cases are what are trendy and fashionable in designer mobile accessories...duh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

LOL...i dont think a bumper is going to prevent breakage. Its just for grip but the N4 is supposed to have a nic grip on the sides already.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had an iPhone 4 and 4S (and 3G and currently have a 5)... never broke the back or front glass. I also never drop my phones.....

thundersome

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
If you're a natural f-up and constantly destroy your own property then I can see a glass backed phone not being for you. Take care of your stuff. Possibly treat something you spend several hundred dollars on somewhat carefully.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames