Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    The first thing that immediately came to mind is that i'm going to need a case.

    GET A CASE AHEAD OF TIME!

    Other than that, this phone is beautiful.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Did the back cracked just a the sight of it? That's one of my fears, I'm planing to use this device only with my eyes closed.
  3. #3  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.
    six8 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Nah, I like my phones to live on the edge, so no case for me. I have been reading instances where the back cracks pretty easily, though. Price to be paid for having an all glass phone.

    Sent from my Asus Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Did the back cracked just a the sight of it? That's one of my fears, I'm planing to use this device only with my eyes closed.
    That was one of the things I checked out when i was using it, the phone just feels delicate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.
    Can you clarify what you're talking about or who you're talking to?
  6. #6  
    reign831's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Omg when you touched it did the back break in half?

    I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

    Plz respond now or I'll make a thread about it.

    /s
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Im personally going to buy a pouch, i always buy cases for phones and then never use them. A big part of why I buy a phone is because of its design and cases take away from that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post
    Omg when you touched it did the back break in half?

    I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

    Plz respond now or I'll make a thread about it.

    /s
    Lol no. It feels delicate but it doesn't feel like it's going to be crushed in your hands.
  8. #8  
    reign831's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    Im personally going to buy a pouch, i always buy cases for phones and then never use them. A big part of why I buy a phone is because of its design and cases take away from that.
    A pouch? Wouldn't that make it easier to drop or is that just me?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    29 months and counting with an all-glass iPhone 4 and not a single scratch or crack. Signs of wear, of course, but nothing catastrophic.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by DFloro View Post
    29 months and counting with an all-glass iPhone 4 and not a single scratch or crack. Signs of wear, of course, but nothing catastrophic.
    A friend of mine had his iphone 3G and since last year the iPhone 4s always without a case or screen protector or case and has never had a cracked screen and only has very slight scratches on the back of his 4S I don't know how he does it, I on the other hand used to carry my Nexus S in a case with screen protectors and after taking it out of the case I've dropped several times and have tons of scratches in the back luckily the screen has never cracked but I can't keep it from getting scratched, so now I'm torn on wether I want to get a case for the Nexus 4 or not hah.
  11. #11  
    squadz's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    I've only ever put screen protectors on my phones, but I've only had Blackberry's...

    I'll see how it feels when I get it. If it's anything like the back of those god awful ipod classics/touches where the slightest touch scratches it then it will be a definite buy for me.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    That was one of the things I checked out when i was using it, the phone just feels delicate.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Your the first iv heard call this phone delicate. all reviews i read said the glass back made it feel hefty/quality. so...
  13. #13  
    firstness's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by mrplayer66 View Post
    after taking it out of the case I've dropped several times and have tons of scratches in the back luckily the screen has never cracked but I can't keep it from getting scratched, so now I'm torn on wether I want to get a case for the Nexus 4 or not hah.
    You seem to be pretty clumsy with your devices so I would recommend getting a case. Either that or train yourself to grip the phone properly and never set it down on a hard surface where it might be scratched.
  14. #14  
    qnet's Avatar

    Posts
    1,672 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,676 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    I ordered a cheap Kayscase form Amazon last week. The estimated delivery is Nov 14-19. Hopefully I can get it just in time for the phone.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Is the glass back different than the glass front I'm touching right now? Which is also gorilla glass btw. I've been using this phone for months now and no one warned me about the glass being breakable! How did I manage to not break the glass all this time?!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    You seem to be pretty clumsy with your devices so I would recommend getting a case. Either that or train yourself to grip the phone properly and never set it down on a hard surface where it might be scratched.
    HAHA yeah, it's strange because around my friends I'm known for being extremely delicate with my electronic devices, and I don't know why when it comes to my phone I'm just clumsy even though it's the gadget I spend the most time with. Maybe it's because since I have the Best Buy protection on it and it'll get fixed regardless of what happens to it, but this won't be the case with the Nexus 4 so I will have to train myself to grip the phone a lot better.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Is the glass back different than the glass front I'm touching right now? Which is also gorilla glass btw. I've been using this phone for months now and no one warned me about the glass being breakable! How did I manage to not break the glass all this time?!
    I know the front is Gorilla Glass2, the back is as well? The post below says he's noticed a few slight scratches on the back which leaves me a bit worried. Still getting the phone though, just want to preserve that beautiful backside.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.
    This, about the scratches on the back has me worried.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post
    Omg when you touched it did the back break in half?

    I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

    Plz respond now or I'll make a thread about it.

    /s
    Start a petition!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Has anyone actually confirmed the back is Gorilla Glass? Every review site says without hesitation "front and back made out of Gorilla Glass 2.0" yet in Phil's review (and in his videos about the phone) he mentions LG calls it a "glass-like substance".
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    The first thing that immediately came to mind is that i'm going to need a case.

    GET A CASE AHEAD OF TIME!

    Other than that, this phone is beautiful.
    If you have a link to a case that is available ahead of time, I'll buy one.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If you have a link to a case that is available ahead of time, I'll buy one.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Not available ahead per say but is the official one
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    ...
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  23. #23  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    The first thing that immediately came to mind is that i'm going to need a case.

    GET A CASE AHEAD OF TIME!

    Other than that, this phone is beautiful.
    Thanks. Btw do you know MMA?

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    I'm getting a cover though. It will be silly not to.
  25. #25  
    DirkBelig's Avatar

    Posts
    1,267 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    Can you clarify what you're talking about or who you're talking to?
    He was talking to you and he's a Google employee who's been using one internally for the past month.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 09:35 AM
  2. This awesome phone is in my hands. Any questions?
    By dave9851 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 08:18 PM
  3. I have the evo shift 4g in my hand
    By nbunn3 in forum HTC EVO Shift 4G
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
  4. I had one in my hands today...
    By DavidJ#AC in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 12:03 AM
  5. The only thing lacking with Android in my opinion and experience is...
    By mclldavidson#AC in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

B