Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

The first thing that immediately came to mind is that i'm going to need a case.

GET A CASE AHEAD OF TIME!

Other than that, this phone is beautiful.

Default Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

Did the back cracked just a the sight of it? That's one of my fears, I'm planing to use this device only with my eyes closed.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.
    six8 likes this.

Nah, I like my phones to live on the edge, so no case for me. I have been reading instances where the back cracks pretty easily, though. Price to be paid for having an all glass phone.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Did the back cracked just a the sight of it? That's one of my fears, I'm planing to use this device only with my eyes closed.
    That was one of the things I checked out when i was using it, the phone just feels delicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.
    Can you clarify what you're talking about or who you're talking to?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Omg when you touched it did the back break in half?

I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

Plz respond now or I'll make a thread about it.

/s
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Im personally going to buy a pouch, i always buy cases for phones and then never use them. A big part of why I buy a phone is because of its design and cases take away from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post

I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

/s
    Lol no. It feels delicate but it doesn't feel like it's going to be crushed in your hands.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Mmuzzy's AOSP 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    Im personally going to buy a pouch, i always buy cases for phones and then never use them. A big part of why I buy a phone is because of its design and cases take away from that.
    A pouch? Wouldn't that make it easier to drop or is that just me?

Default Re: Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

29 months and counting with an all-glass iPhone 4 and not a single scratch or crack. Signs of wear, of course, but nothing catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by DFloro View Post
    29 months and counting with an all-glass iPhone 4 and not a single scratch or crack. Signs of wear, of course, but nothing catastrophic.
    A friend of mine had his iphone 3G and since last year the iPhone 4s always without a case or screen protector or case and has never had a cracked screen and only has very slight scratches on the back of his 4S I don't know how he does it, I on the other hand used to carry my Nexus S in a case with screen protectors and after taking it out of the case I've dropped several times and have tons of scratches in the back luckily the screen has never cracked but I can't keep it from getting scratched, so now I'm torn on wether I want to get a case for the Nexus 4 or not hah.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

I've only ever put screen protectors on my phones, but I've only had Blackberry's...

I'll see how it feels when I get it. If it's anything like the back of those god awful ipod classics/touches where the slightest touch scratches it then it will be a definite buy for me.

That was one of the things I checked out when i was using it, the phone just feels delicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Your the first iv heard call this phone delicate. all reviews i read said the glass back made it feel hefty/quality. so...

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrplayer66 View Post
    after taking it out of the case I've dropped several times and have tons of scratches in the back luckily the screen has never cracked but I can't keep it from getting scratched, so now I'm torn on wether I want to get a case for the Nexus 4 or not hah.
    You seem to be pretty clumsy with your devices so I would recommend getting a case. Either that or train yourself to grip the phone properly and never set it down on a hard surface where it might be scratched.

Global Posts
    1,676 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I ordered a cheap Kayscase form Amazon last week. The estimated delivery is Nov 14-19. Hopefully I can get it just in time for the phone.

Is the glass back different than the glass front I'm touching right now? Which is also gorilla glass btw. I've been using this phone for months now and no one warned me about the glass being breakable! How did I manage to not break the glass all this time?!

Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    You seem to be pretty clumsy with your devices so I would recommend getting a case. Either that or train yourself to grip the phone properly and never set it down on a hard surface where it might be scratched.
    HAHA yeah, it's strange because around my friends I'm known for being extremely delicate with my electronic devices, and I don't know why when it comes to my phone I'm just clumsy even though it's the gadget I spend the most time with. Maybe it's because since I have the Best Buy protection on it and it'll get fixed regardless of what happens to it, but this won't be the case with the Nexus 4 so I will have to train myself to grip the phone a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Is the glass back different than the glass front I'm touching right now? Which is also gorilla glass btw. I've been using this phone for months now and no one warned me about the glass being breakable! How did I manage to not break the glass all this time?!
    I know the front is Gorilla Glass2, the back is as well? The post below says he's noticed a few slight scratches on the back which leaves me a bit worried. Still getting the phone though, just want to preserve that beautiful backside.

This, about the scratches on the back has me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by reignx777 View Post

/s
    Start a petition!

Has anyone actually confirmed the back is Gorilla Glass? Every review site says without hesitation "front and back made out of Gorilla Glass 2.0" yet in Phil's review (and in his videos about the phone) he mentions LG calls it a "glass-like substance".

If you have a link to a case that is available ahead of time, I'll buy one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If you have a link to a case that is available ahead of time, I'll buy one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Not available ahead per say but is the official one
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Thanks. Btw do you know MMA?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I'm getting a cover though. It will be silly not to.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can you clarify what you're talking about or who you're talking to?
    He was talking to you and he's a Google employee who's been using one internally for the past month.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast