Is the Nexus 4 Browser Slower than all other Current Android Phones and iPhone 5?

yukichi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it true that (under no LTE conditions) the Nexus 4 browser performs more slowly/worse than other comparable phones like the S3, Iphone 5, etc?

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it true that (under no LTE conditions) the Nexus 4 browser performs more slowly/worse than other comparable phones like the S3, Iphone 5, etc?

Let me pull out my figurative Nexus that I theoretically may have. Hmm.. Nope browser seems like it's working to me.

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

How about you wait till people on the forum ACTUALLY HAVE THE DEVICE before you ask.

Come on people. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what version is, all I know is that it chokes on .Gifs and youtube videos.
hard to believe its chrome!! I was a die hard IE fan untill 1 and half year ago.
then i tried Chrome. never turned back. I still try new versions of IE. chrome still fast and secure.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Benchmarks for the N4 have been lower than the iPhone 5 and some other Android phones, yes. Then again, the reviews that post the benchmarks also say the phone seems plenty fast and they don't notice a difference. Consider this: if you were in a plane going 520mph, would you be able to tell the difference if it slowed to 500mph? Unless you are a pilot intimately familiar with how your plane feels at the faster speed, probably not. I'm willing to say the same thing applies here. Don't get too hung up on numbers.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot imagine that the Chrome browser on the N4 will be slow, one of the features and benefits given about the N4 is the speed of its processor. This I can only imagine would translate to the speed of the browser as well. If you think about the business model of Google they are basically giving you the phone so that you can spend more time online in which they can display more impressions to you and get more click throughs which is how Google makes its money. Making this phone with anything but a lightning fast browser would be counter-productive to their business plan.

As far as the speed of the Chrome browser on devices like a PC, it sounds like you are experienceing latency from your ISP. I have clocked my browser speeds using Firefox and Chrome and Chrome has been the fastest in all tests. I also utilize Googles Shared DNS servers which also provide additional speed. At home I have Googles DNS set statically in my router so all my devices can utilize the service and the increased speeds.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I cannot imagine that the Chrome browser on the N4 will be slow, one of the features and benefits given about the N4 is the speed of its processor. This I can only imagine would translate to the speed of the browser as well. If you think about the business model of Google they are basically giving you the phone so that you can spend more time online in which they can display more impressions to you and get more click throughs which is how Google makes its money. Making this phone with anything but a lightning fast browser would be counter-productive to their business plan.

As far as the speed of the Chrome browser on devices like a PC, it sounds like you are experienceing latency from your ISP. I have clocked my browser speeds using Firefox and Chrome and Chrome has been the fastest in all tests. I also utilize Googles Shared DNS servers which also provide additional speed. At home I have Googles DNS set statically in my router so all my devices can utilize the service and the increased speeds.

Chrome on the N4 won't be "slow" but there are faster browsers you can use instead of Chrome. Dolphin for one outperforms Chrome (at least on my Nexus 7)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36