Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Default Re: The "I'm waiting for sales to go live" thread

I wonder is anyone gonna care about the 8gb version of this phone in the US?

I expected to wake up and order one but no deal.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Apple don't get much right, but when it comes to pre-orders, they certainly do. Google, take note. The annoying thing is, everyone knew this would happen; except Google. Seemingly so anyway. They should've said something like "Pre-orders start on the 10th for delivery on the 16th or something" And then people who buy on the 10th get it on the 16th, people who buy on the 11th get it on the 17th and so on. Urgh. At least i can play with 4.2 on my Gnex.

Stayed up until midnight (EST), woke up at 3am (in case, ya know, they do midnight sales in California), and woke up at 7am. Off to work in a bit, hopefully nothing starts until I'm at the office (higher speed connection there anyway).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #179  
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I honestly didn't see it going down like this. We will see what happens in the US.
    Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenirex View Post
    Stayed up until midnight (EST), woke up at 3am (in case, ya know, they do midnight sales in California), and woke up at 7am. Off to work in a bit, hopefully nothing starts until I'm at the office (higher speed connection there anyway).
    is it really in just a couple of minutes? My computer at work don't have internet and I have to wake my sister up and boy if I wake her up in vain my *** is grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    is it really in just a couple of minutes? My computer at work don't have internet and I have to wake my sister up and boy if I wake her up in vain my *** is grass.
    Unless Google magically has 100x the amount of devices than they had here, then no.
    If I could take a guess, they maybe have 10x the amount of devices than they had here, but a 5 times higher population.
    Not to mention that the demand for this in America will also be considerably higher than here, I give it 15 minutes max, including heavy server problems.

Best thing Google could do would be to just STOP the whole sales and do it again after they fixed all the problems, right now it's just a pure luck game whether you get one or not, Google doesn't even know what first come first serve is.

alright but what is the time to try this? I know this quite ridiculous. But If I don't do anything then my chances go from slim to none.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #183  
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    alright but what is the time to try this? I know this quite ridiculous. But If I don't do anything then my chances go from slim to none.
    Looking like 9AM PST or Noon EST is the time being kicked around.
    Google it.

Oh, by the way, for you Americans and Canadians, here's a short Nexus 4 buying guide, as well as the possible errors:

- Device can't be added into the basket, gives an error
    - Your device seems to be in the basket, but clicking "buy now" it just magically disappears again out of it
    - You never actually know what's in your basket, I sometimes had two devices in my basket, then three, then one, then none
    - Even if you manage to get it in your basket, clicking the "buy now" button can result in an error
    - There's actually more than one error for that, I've seen at least two after clicking "buy now"
    - IF you actually get past the buy now and get to page to enter your address/cc, don't smile yet! Clicking the "confirm" button can either a) result in an enormous wait time that never ends, or b) just gives you a plain error
    - In case you failed to buy one, don't frown though, it could be that Google magically bought one for you and it appears in your Google Wallet
    - If you managed to buy one and it appears in your Wallet account and you get a confirmation e-mail, don't smile yet again, until it actually gets shipped. There have been reports of decvices either being changed to a "preorder" status, or simply were cancelled again because of a "fraud detection"

- And last, if you manage to buy one, and it gets shipped, then you've gladly won today's Google lottery!
    Thanked by:
    nqh 
    Pre-dawn raid likes this.

Was it supposed to be now or the next hour?
    pmv

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    I honestly didn't see it going down like this. We will see what happens in the US.
    In God's name, /why/ didn't you - or your colleagues - see this coming? You bring out a device that's /designed/ to be 'disruptive', and are surprised when demand proves that you were right...? Were you guys actually betting on failing?

Sorry, and I know it's definitely a first world problem, but I'm just more than a little pissed at having wasted so much screen time earlier today trying to buy one of these damn things (in the UK).

Edit: typo only

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syrential View Post
    Oh, by the way, for you Americans and Canadians, here's a short Nexus 4 buying guide, as well as the possible errors:

- Device can't be added into the basket, gives an error
    - Your device seems to be in the basket, but clicking "buy now" it just magically disappears again out of it
    - You never actually know what's in your basket, I sometimes had two devices in my basket, then three, then one, then none
    - Even if you manage to get it in your basket, clicking the "buy now" button can result in an error
    - There's actually more than one error for that, I've seen at least two after clicking "buy now"
    - IF you actually get past the buy now and get to page to enter your address/cc, don't smile yet! Clicking the "confirm" button can either a) result in an enormous wait time that never ends, or b) just gives you a plain error
    - In case you failed to buy one, don't frown though, it could be that Google magically bought one for you and it appears in your Google Wallet
    - If you managed to buy one and it appears in your Wallet account and you get a confirmation e-mail, don't smile yet again, until it actually gets shipped. There have been reports of decvices either being changed to a "preorder" status, or simply were cancelled again because of a "fraud detection"

- And last, if you manage to buy one, and it gets shipped, then you've gladly won today's Google lottery!
    LOL Had most of those happen to me this morning.

Current Status - If you managed to buy one and it appears in your Wallet account and you get a confirmation e-mail, don't smile yet again, until it actually gets shipped. There have been reports of decvices either being changed to a "preorder" status, or simply were cancelled again because of a "fraud detection"

No Shipping or any other confirmation yet though, fingers crossed.

Good luck North America...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #188  
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pmv View Post
    In God's name, /why/ didn't you - or your colleagues - see this coming? You bring out a device that's /designed/ to be 'disruptive', and are surprised when demand proves that you were right...? Were you guys actually betting on failing?

Sorry, and I know it's definitely a first world problem, but I'm just more than a little pissed at having wasted so much screen time earlier today trying to buy one of these damn things (in the UK).

Edit: typo only
    I have no clue, I've never gotten a true answer to the N7 fiasco.
    Google it.

So I am reading 12 noon for the US east coast, is this confirmed ?

It looks to me like the Nexus 4 won't even be made available here (Canada) today. The "Coming soon! Available for purchase on Tuesday, Nov. 13th" banner has been removed from the N4 page, whereas it is still up for the N10.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Well that was a wasted night. Hopefully this new rumor of 12 EST is correct.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #192  
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MJCelt View Post
    It looks to me like the Nexus 4 won't even be made available here (Canada) today. The "Coming soon! Available for purchase on Tuesday, Nov. 13th" banner has been removed from the N4 page, whereas it is still up for the N10.
    That disappeared for most of us last night at around 11 and hasn't came back.
    Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by tuukka87 View Post
    So I am reading 12 noon for the US east coast, is this confirmed ?
    Depends on what you considered to be confirmed. Google support has been saying 9 AM PST/12 EST apparently. There hasn't been anything official as far as a press release though, but all signs point to it being the time.
    pmv

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    I have no clue, I've never gotten a true answer to the N7 fiasco.
    Hey - not picking on you personally, just venting.

But the lack of communication on the N4 all along from TPTB has been a major problem, and we're seeing that repeated today. AFAIK, nobody from Google has commented publicly on the thermal throttling or battery issues, and nobody (other than in Germany?) has spoken about today's fiasco. I just hope that things will get better going forwards - though, as you mention with the N7 example, maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Really sad, as I'd love to see Android and Google continue to prosper, but there will have been a hell of a lot of ill will generated around the world today :-(
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #195  
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pmv View Post
    Hey - not picking on you personally, just venting.

But the lack of communication on the N4 all along from TPTB has been a major problem, and we're seeing that repeated today. AFAIK, nobody from Google has commented publicly on the thermal throttling or battery issues, and nobody (other than in Germany?) has spoken about today's fiasco. I just hope that things will get better going forwards - though, as you mention with the N7 example, maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Really sad, as I'd love to see Android and Google continue to prosper, but there will have been a hell of a lot of ill will generated around the world today :-(
    Oh, I know you weren't believe me, some of the guys at work are more PO'd than people here over it. I've never had a "thermal throttling" or any battery issues, so no clue who/what/why someone thinks they do, especially on pre-release software lol
    Google it.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

If this happens in USA then Google will officially have taken over the world. Outside of this board I don't know a single person who knows anything about this phone.

If this things sells out its because they purposefully wanted it to for the press.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Avenirex View Post
    Exact same fun and games here...........haha

Waiting..
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Glad I didn't wait until 3am LOL

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Well, good thing I didn't stay up last night! It would've been a waste of time. Now at work and don't believe I will be able to get it today. That sucks, at least for me!

I guess I will get it on the next few days...or weeks?!

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of lying bastards (and deserve to go to hell!) using Android Central Forums
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast