The "I'm waiting for sales to go live" thread

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, that's ridiculous. If it already sells out here within 5 minutes I don't want to know how it'll be in America.
The problem seems to be Google Wallet being really crappy when it overloads. It's pure luck whether you get one or not.
I was at the final screen but it never actually went through, seems like 95% of the people trying to order had the same problem, that's a worse debacle than with the Nexus 7.

gmarkoma

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, that's ridiculous. If it already sells out here within 5 minutes I don't want to know how it'll be in America.
The problem seems to be Google Wallet being really crappy when it overloads. It's pure luck whether you get one or not.
I was at the final screen but it never actually went through, seems like 95% of the people trying to order had the same problem, that's a worse debacle than with the Nexus 7.

me too, it was really annoying!

gmarkoma

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
After a lot of trials it continued. I clicked Accept and buy at google wallet, I chose the address but nothing is happening, I can't click anymore the button. I don't want to get charged twice if I repeat the procedure.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm on Puerto Rico. I was just close to sleep and a panic mode entered and I had to check one last time. Apparently they are sold out on Europe BUT there's plenty of 8GB left. So that helps my luck.

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Apparently google are amateurs when it comes to new product releases

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish I wasn't such "gotta have it now" type of person. I might just buy the 8g. I should really wait for the 16g. Sad part is, it hasn't even started to sell yet in the us, and I have already admitted defeat

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder is anyone gonna care about the 8gb version of this phone in the US?

I expected to wake up and order one but no deal.

alexblfc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Apple don't get much right, but when it comes to pre-orders, they certainly do. Google, take note. The annoying thing is, everyone knew this would happen; except Google. Seemingly so anyway. They should've said something like "Pre-orders start on the 10th for delivery on the 16th or something" And then people who buy on the 10th get it on the 16th, people who buy on the 11th get it on the 17th and so on. Urgh. At least i can play with 4.2 on my Gnex.

Avenirex

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Stayed up until midnight (EST), woke up at 3am (in case, ya know, they do midnight sales in California), and woke up at 7am. Off to work in a bit, hopefully nothing starts until I'm at the office (higher speed connection there anyway).

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Stayed up until midnight (EST), woke up at 3am (in case, ya know, they do midnight sales in California), and woke up at 7am. Off to work in a bit, hopefully nothing starts until I'm at the office (higher speed connection there anyway).

is it really in just a couple of minutes? My computer at work don't have internet and I have to wake my sister up and boy if I wake her up in vain my ass is grass.