Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Re: Restock?

Yes the play store is messing up where I am at, once in a while 8GB would be available, but don't try to buy, if it manages to get into your cart you may get ripped, apparently they are all sold out and there is a hiccup in the system, wait a couple of weeks, I am sure we all will have a chance and as well as phone protection should be out too
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by johnp888 View Post
    Man I'm glad I'm not the only one not able to order. Demand seems high so that is a good sign. Here's to everyone being able to get what they want soon.
    I hope so too, hopefully for me before schoolies. Yeah phone protection would be nice. I might have to steal a brick phone from someone for awhile
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

I don't quite understand what you are asking. I presume for Google to restock, I am not sure. They probably want to make it so it doesn't repeat (a sell out) so that they are prepared so lets say they can chuck lets say for example in one week 140k units rather then 20k units which would be sold out a lot quicker. I know those figures are actuate but thats what i would kinda do.
    Tom Fairclough

Quote Originally Posted by bobsacomano View Post
    It will be weeks. The latest Samsung Chromebook sold out its first day and has not reappeared since.
    I got a chromebook the other day...now they are "SOLD OUT" but bestbuy has them

Please explain to me how an out of stock Samsung product has any relation to Google or LG?

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    Please explain to me how an out of stock Samsung product has any relation to Google or LG?
    Oh you know, they sell those Chromebook things on the Play store, but whatever. *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    The Chromebook is sold by Google through the Playstore, just like the N4, so the sales and distribution channel is exactly the same.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    The Chromebook is sold by Google through the Playstore, just like the N4, so the sales and distribution channel is exactly the same.
    The online sales channel is the same, but I don't think Google has the kind of infrastructure necessary to do distribution. The manufacturer, who has experience with such things, is more than likely handling distribution and fulfillment. The same is probably true of the Retail channel distribution on the Nexus 7 - I bet you dollars to donuts Asus handled all that themselves and Google's only involvement was financial.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Agreed, google wouldn't be holding onto the stock themselves.
    Tom Fairclough

Default Re: When Will There be Restock?

It's unbelievable, here in Aus it sold out in an hour or so..... not sure how many were sold, Its a complete sham. I think google was not confident of how the product will be received so all this ploy of selling on google play and no time announced when it will be on sale. Goes to show that how 'good' the marketing machine is at apple, and how they market a product even though its 'half baked' (ios 6 ). Google should learn from them. Does anyone has the numbers how many phones did they sell worldwide (N4). If they say 13th Nov it should be midnight on the 13th isn't it??? why this game of asking diehard androiders to check the website (google play) every now and then on the sale day.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

gosh i cant wait till they start setting up their own retail store footprint!

I would really be interested to know how many devices were in stock when they opened for business.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Personally, I think they had a stock of maybe tens of thousands of these, and once they were sold out they have another stockpile that will be released to those who signed up. Maybe a private link per person for that link? I mean, just wait a couple weeks or go spend an extra hundred to buy it off eBay or something.

I got my Nexus 4, but the biggest problem I heard was that people can order up to 10 phones at once. This option probably allowed people to spam the crap out of the ordering process thus ruining some people's time waiting for it as well as making it an accounting nightmare because there are humans who check the invoice and then also having to deal with thousands of emails from whiners.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

apparently tomorrow is the day! not sure how reliable this is so no1 quote me on this - hope it's true tho

Quote Originally Posted by cinek View Post
    apparently tomorrow is the day! not sure how reliable this is so no1 quote me on this - hope it's true tho
    I don't want to get my hopes up...

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Just really looking forward to getting mine ordered so I can just forget about the Play Store and wait for it to arrive. Would really appreciate Google giving better times/dates/information so that people like me and many others here dont have to be so paranoid about missing the next batch of phones.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Hopefully tomorrow is the day, I refresh the page every 10 minutes. Agreed. Ill be checking all morning so if there is another 9 am release, I will post up here.
    Tom Fairclough
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Hopefully tomorrow is the day, I refresh the page every 10 minutes. Agreed. Ill be checking all morning so if there is another 9 am release, I will post up here.
    how long until 9am in Australia? or is it gone past?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

9hrs 24 minutes
    Tom Fairclough

Where did the info of apparently tomorrow come from?

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    9hrs 24 minutes
    damn ;/ thought it would have been sooner
    beltin likes this.

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Anyone one know why they stop taking orders? Apple doesn't do this, nobody these days does it. They could at least take our orders, and give us a shipping estimate of 2-3 weeks or something, then charge our cards when it ships...like every other seller..think it has to do with Google not controlling the supply, so even they don't know when they'll be able to ship more?

Interesting

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis89 View Post
    Anyone one know why they stop taking orders? Apple doesn't do this, nobody these days does it. They could at least take our orders, and give us a shipping estimate of 2-3 weeks or something, then charge our cards when it ships...like every other seller..think it has to do with Google not controlling the supply, so even they don't know when they'll be able to ship more?
    that's what I said as well, they could still take orders and push back the shipping date

I think they are avoiding doing pre-orders after they took pre-orders for the Nexus7 when it came out and they got push back slightly and people freaked out.

Im going keep checking play store everyone couple hours just in case I get lucky.
    Fairclough likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast