When Will There be Restock?

moonlitwingsx

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Count me in as one of the thousands of geeks who stayed up at night and was doing the F5 marathon in trying to get his hands on this phone. I'm a big fan of the Nexus series and have had one since the first Nexus phone, so I decided to hold off-- and still am holding off-- just to get my hands on a Nexus 4. I was surprised and very disappointed with the way Google handled this launch.. And I have little confidence they'll get it right the second time around. Why do I feel that way? I'm kinda trying to see it from their point of view: What incentive do they have?

As far as I can tell, aren't they selling the phone at a loss? Is the botched launch harming their reputation sufficiently enough to prompt them to react accordingly? Is the public at large raging hard enough to push them to at least correct their mistakes? Most companies nowadays will accept nothing less than an Apple-release-like rush to their products, and anything less seems to count as a failure nowadays. Maybe I'm just in a state of unnecessary overthink, and I'd love to be proven wrong. It'd be a nice comfort. :(

Of course there's the T-Mobile route for the impatient, but when I walked into a store, they had a ~$600!! pricetag (after taxes) .. on their Nexus 4's.. Way more than the $499 (before taxes) suggested retail I've read about.. But I guess that keyword there is 'suggested.'

So I guess I might ask you folks.. If prior big Google releases (like the infamous Nexus7 release and the pre-order fiasco I hear about) are of any indicators.. How long did you all have to wait for a restock? Was the promised wait time met, were you pleasantly surprised one fine morning-- or did Google drop the ball a second time and miss their rough deadline? Oh, and when they did finally restock, was it sufficient to meet the demand the second time around?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't be a loss, only in America at most! because in Australia is about $80 USD (selling at 400 aus when the us is 313 aus) more expensive and Europe even more.
Xiaomi a smaller company is making about a $50 loss on each mobile with the same specs... but they are selling theirs at $310 USD! So I think if a small chinese company can undermine Google's price. Google wont be making as much of a loss as them! Xiaomi sold out in 2 minutes, however it was a market plan, they put 50k units for sale, then wait 2 weeks another 250k units another 2 weeks all on the market. Its been working for them.

I guess like i said before, its a waiting game to see how they handle it.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
To keep track of when the Nexus 4 will be available again I use an extension for Firefox called Check4Change. When I turn on my computer I go to the Nexus 4 Playstore page (which I have set the tab as pin as app) and where it says "we are out of stock check back soon" I highlight those words and right click on the text and select Check4Change every hour and then forget about it if that page changes I get visual and sound notification. This does not place any burden on the Google servers for request like refreash does and yet keeps me up to date.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
wow, shameless plug. I wish everyone would stop advertising that pyramid scheme. I don't trust any business plan where the person who "recruits" me makes or saves money and then asks me to do the same. Much like the military.

Benoni Cooper

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
wow, shameless plug. I wish everyone would stop advertising that pyramid scheme. I don't trust any business plan where the person who "recruits" me makes or saves money and then asks me to do the same. Much like the military.

By definition, a pyramid scheme had no viable product to sell.... Even if you dont get into the reccomending opther people thing at all, 50$ for unlimited everything and unthrottled 4g is a great deal.
But I will agree that the plug was misplaced and out of the blue.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know when they will restock. With all of the problems popping up, they may take awhile. And yes, there are a lot of problems. Not just random complaints either. Numerous people are experiencing the same problems such as the cracking noise in the earpiece. That means it's not just one bad phone...you can check around if you want. There's a few articles about it already and it may be a hardware issue that can't be fixed by an update.. This may force Google to look at the problems and try to fix them before they restock. This can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

futureandroider

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know when they will restock. With all of the problems popping up, they may take awhile. And yes, there are a lot of problems. Not just random complaints either. Numerous people are experiencing the same problems such as the cracking noise in the earpiece. That means it's not just one bad phone...you can check around if you want. There's a few articles about it already and it may be a hardware issue that can't be fixed by an update.. This may force Google to look at the problems and try to fix them before they restock. This can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

If this is true lets just hope Google's team can somehow read about all these "issues" from all the scattered threads around the internet. Also, lets hope people actually bothered to report these issues to Google, all I see so far are just threads being made though...

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
There won't be restock for weeks. They are backordered all over the world and they have to send replacement units for a lot of people having issues. Google obviously wasn't ready to handle selling hardware.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Plano26

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Let's not forget it's the Military that actually lets you enjoy the freedom of making that choice!

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Dang it!!!

unknown.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member