The "I got trolled by Google" thread

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah. I'm annoyed. Very annoyed. I can't believe Google can't cope with the run on this device even though they knew it'll happen.
That's just really said, I'd say it's even worse than Apple. I mean honestly, it can't be that you wait for something two weeks long and then it's just a pure luck game if you manage to make an order or not.

Feel free to let your anger out. I am very, very annoyed right now.

EDIT: Oh the best part is actually, that a half hour later you receive an e-mail saying "THE NEXUS 4 NOW AVAILABLE FROM 299" YEAH RIGHT. Trolls.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree, but there was nothing you can do its something we have to put up with.
If it makes you feel better, i did my final physics exam for High school worth 50% and the whole state basically failed it as it was HARD.... I dont care about that as its not in my top 4 subjects but the Nexus got released and sold out apparently 10 minutes into the exam.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I know there's nothing I can do. But Google should be put to shame.
First of all the servers were a joke. Then the amount of devices available were a joke, and then it can't be that someone who just figured out there's a Nexus 4 an hour ago is able to purchase it, while others that wait for 2+ weeks can't.
That's just extremely RIDICULOUS.

Also, I'm sorry about your physics exam. I assume this tuesday won't go down in history books as an successful day. :p

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I know there's nothing I can do. But Google should be put to shame.
First of all the servers were a joke. Then the amount of devices available were a joke, and then it can't be that someone who just figured out there's a Nexus 4 an hour ago is able to purchase it, while others that wait for 2+ weeks can't.
That's just extremely RIDICULOUS.

Also, I'm sorry about your physics exam. I assume this tuesday won't go down in history books as an successful day. :p
I don't mind, they only count our top four subjects for our ranking and they scale subjects due to difficulty. Since physics was never going to be in it, since all the smart kids failed it the education department might scale physics up even higher... like one subject last year got scaled 20% up because they made it too hard :)

I wish they would just let us do a pre order.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well physics is LOL anyways in final exams. I had it as well, and it went horrible, like, really horrible. The exam wasn't a must though, I was pretty much the only one in my whole school who took it because I thought I was good at physics *cough*. But it's good that they'll scale it on the difficulty, it'll not be that bad then! :p

I'm still waiting for the default apology by Google, and I doubt you'll be able to preorder. The next wave will just be the same crap again, but I guess this time we won't even know when it will arrive.....

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well physics is LOL anyways in final exams. I had it as well, and it went horrible, like, really horrible. The exam wasn't a must though, I was pretty much the only one in my whole school who took it because I thought I was good at physics *cough*. But it's good that they'll scale it on the difficulty, it'll not be that bad then! :p

I'm still waiting for the default apology by Google, and I doubt you'll be able to preorder. The next wave will just be the same crap again, but I guess this time we won't even know when it will arrive.....

I hope some brick and mortar stores stock it!

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
the theory at work is they had few thousand units for europe, few thousand for australia etc so we were all taking it from the same stock level thus why it's gone so quickly

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
the theory at work is they had few thousand units for europe, few thousand for australia etc so we were all taking it from the same stock level thus why it's gone so quickly

However for Europe they need to plan it for each country though, since our plugs are different they need different versions for each country.
It's really ridiculous. If I could have pre ordered two weeks ago all the fans would have gotten one, now most of the fans are disappointed and people that just bought it out of nowhere get one, that's the most ridiculous part.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
However for Europe they need to plan it for each country though, since our plugs are different they need different versions for each country.
It's really ridiculous. If I could have pre ordered two weeks ago all the fans would have gotten one, now most of the fans are disappointed and people that just bought it out of nowhere get one, that's the most ridiculous part.

true, but honestly, they should have done what apple does and just push back the date, I couldn't care less if my n4 would come in 2 weeks instead of 3-5 days as long as I'd be able to order it today

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got the email - nexus 4 is available for purchase! lol - the only thing missing from the email is lots of LOLs at the end

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The Google trolling doesn't end: It now says for the Nexus 10 (which is also sold out) "Available on Tuesday, November 13th" ahahaha...

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
How to successfully botch a smartphone launch - by Google

1. Plan an event at a location that has had adequate prior warning of a severe hurricane heading towards it
2. Don't have a backup plan, but rather cancel the event and have a tech website do the coverage in a single video
3. Generate absolutely no hype for the device
4. Advertise the phone to be available for purchase on the 13 November, however don't advise customers of what time/timezone
5. On the day, while completely unannounced (don't notify those who asked for an email notification), open orders for the phones at a random time (oh, let's say at 11:20am EST)
6. Close orders approximately 20 minutes later without any indication as to why orders have stopped
7. Don't advise customers of a time frame as to when orders will be back up (a day, a week, two weeks), but rather with an ambiguous "COMING SOON" notice
8. Repeat the process in various other regions around the world

Well done, Google. Well done.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If they had said precisely what time it would be available, how would that have made their issues anything but worse? Anyway, they probably booked that event two weeks or more before the hurricane hit. I don't know why people keep expecting Google to make the Nexus line mainstream; we go through this every year.

As for the stock issues, of course they shut down orders. A few months ago everyone was pissed off because Google was letting them buy Nexus 7s they didn't have and waiting too long for them to ship. None of us are entitled to anything here. This is Google's show, and the reality is people would be complaining no matter how they handled things. There are only so many units and only so many they can ship at a time. Nobody here is so special that they deserve to have a spot reserved at the head of the line. If you missed your shot today, try back later.