[Official] US Play Store Orders Live NOW!!!

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Son of a..... I think now I've got 4, yes 4 of them, because of the dayum checkout process erroring out. I guess it didnt error out. .. Ridiculous Google
I went back into Google Wallet to cancel 3 of them, but there's no link or nothing? My Google receipt says "changes cannot be made within the first hour of purchase". Does this go for cancellations too?!
WTF?!?

If you actually receive four - just refuse to accept delivery on 3 of them. DO NOT open the package if you are going to refuse delivery - take it to UPS store or just tell driver you are refusing if you are home when it arrives. If you do this, you will get full refund. But if you open the package, you will get charged a restocking fee - usually about $50.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, folks, DON'T GIVE UP! If I hadn't been calling my girlfriend to commiserate, I wouldn't have tried to refresh the page. I literally said, "I tried to order it and the page was.....wait a second. Huh. This may be a moot point now. Oh, cool! It went through. Never mind." She laughed and said, "It's because you're talking to me."

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, folks, DON'T GIVE UP! If I hadn't been calling my girlfriend to commiserate, I wouldn't have tried to refresh the page. I literally said, "I tried to order it and the page was.....wait a second. Huh. This may be a moot point now. Oh, cool! It went through. Never mind." She laughed and said, "It's because you're talking to me."
What's her number, maybe she's onto something

ccleanerfan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im guessing the amount of people refreshing every 5 seconds on multiple browsers didnt help this experience. THIS is probably why they were reluctant to name the exact release time. It seems that now they are trickling them out. I doubt it actuall sold out, I think Google pulled it to relieve server load and strain.

lol this is Google... Their servers are incredible.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm.... called credit card company and they had placed a block on the charge as suspicious activity... They cleared it... here is hoping for a shipping confirmation!

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
At 1:10 I was compulsively refreshing the page and I think I managed to get an order through. I have a receipt and everything. I hope to god it goes through! Google, I hate you but I love you!!!

meringues

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Unusual amount of bank declines in here. Strange.

There's hope though. Discover initially flagged mine and fraudulent. I had to call and confirm the charges and it ended up going through. This was after I clicked 'buy' and the page hung for an hour.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got a 16GB at 10:20AM!!!! IT IS POSSIBLE MY PEOPLE! JUST KEEP CLICKING BACK AND FORTH FROM 8GB TO 16GB!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Omg google wont even cancel my extra orders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=devices_cancel_order&rd=1

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 4 mins after it went live and no confirmation email yet.

I am in the same boat. Ordered at 8:36a PST and still no email confirmation. But I see the transaction in Wallet and in the Play Store Orders section with an estimated Shipping date of 11/15. I also have a pending charge on my credit card for the total of the order.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Welps, after 30 minute of waiting for a customer rep at google, she told me that my order was cancelled. Well that sucks! Worse online buying experience I've ever had, but I guess this is what happens when you want to buy things within the first 30 minutes of a new item. Though, I was expecting better from google.

Oh wells, was hoping I would get my addiction fixed for the next week or two until the Note 2 was released on verizon lol.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Omg google wont even cancel my extra orders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Seems like a bunch of people got erroneous extra orders. That's a bunch of other people that could have them if you guys would please cancel the extra orders? :)

Since it was just ordered in under 2 hours, it shouldn't be a problem to cancel. Call up Google, if you can get to a human before being hung up on, lol.

Or contact your bank and tell them to deny the extra charges.

Sent from my Nexus 7

coolblue11

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I ended up with three 8GB and one 16GB. I tried to cancel the extra ones but it kept insisting I am entering an invalid order number??

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a bunch of people got erroneous extra orders. That's a bunch of other people that could have them if you guys would please cancel the extra orders? :)

Since it was just ordered in under 2 hours, it shouldn't be a problem to cancel. Call up Google, if you can get to a human before being hung up on, lol.

Or contact your bank and tell them to deny the extra charges.

After an hour, Play Store will not cancel order - I know that from experience. If you can't stop payment, your only choice to get full refund is to refuse delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non