Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default What a F'ing joke!!!!!!

Phuck Google. Tried to buy this damn thing for nearly 30 minutes and wouldn't work. Go screw urself Google. I'll take my $$ elsewhere
    damo and FreakyLocz14 like this.

Default Re: What a F'ing joke!!!!!!

Google should have tiered pricing. $700 for first day orders, $600 second etc. That will keep resellers off too and get Google extra profits. You would think they would use basic microeconomics but no they have to have an impossible free for all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

you should have been online an hour before it was supposed to be sold... It went on at 8:34

Google is absolutely incompetent when it comes to supply and demand!!!
    KenDavidson likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Lol.. Apple's site crashes every iPhone launch and they sell out in minutes.. People call it a success. Same thing happens to Google and they call it a lot worse. Smh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    Mac58Ry 
    quikric, Mac58, Ry and 2 others like this.

Keep trying. I did for 70minutes and I just got a 16GB. Cart automatically emptied 9 times before I got to submit the order and get a confirmation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Lol.. Apple's site crashes every iPhone launch and they sell out in minutes.. People call it a success. Same thing happens to Google and they call it a lot worse. Smh.

We all know that Apple intentionally understocks to build suspense, or some BS like that. I expect better from Google.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Actually thats false

The 4s and 5 launch went super smooth...plus it didn't sell out in 18 mins
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to put up a preorder page a few days before just to get an idea.. (It's a win win situation) ... or who knows.. maybe they just didn't produce enough to begin with..

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Actually thats false

The 4s and 5 launch went super smooth...plus it didn't sell out in 18 mins
    it sold out in less than an hour.
    Reaper69 likes this.

The difference with Apple is that everyone knows the release date. Google says 12am Nov 13 but no time zone given having us guess PST, EST. Then they say 9AM PST so all of us who stood up go to bed. But wait it starts selling a half an hour early. Even if you got in early, servers sucked so bad that items were removed, errors occurred, etc.

There is a clear difference between the way Apple and Google launches products. Want to guess which is better>?<
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and nimer55 like this.

They should have enforced 1 phone per account

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theduder View Post
    Keep trying. I did for 70minutes and I just got a 16GB. Cart automatically emptied 9 times before I got to submit the order and get a confirmation.

Holy crap! Good bless you for your persistence! Good one! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7

Its not over till its over apparently. Just ordered one 11:56 CST! 16gb check again ppl might be canceling, 8gb showed up for a second too, went back to notify.

Quote Originally Posted by 239firsttx View Post
    Its not over till its over apparently. Just ordered one 11:56 CST! 16gb check again ppl might be canceling, 8gb showed up for a second too, went back to notify.
    I have my page checker beefed up to 5 second poll rate. Have yet to receive a notification that it's back in stock

I personally have held Google to a higher standard than Apple. At least up till this lates debacle.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 239firsttx View Post
    I think it's due to credit cards declining or people otherwise canceling their order.

So there's still a very tiny ray of hope for you. Keep spamming refresh! Get on it, people that haven't offered yet!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by rickydavis1051 View Post
    Phuck Google. Tried to buy this damn thing for nearly 30 minutes and wouldn't work. Go screw urself Google. I'll take my $$ elsewhere
    I don't see this thread improving with age like a fine wine. Please prove me wrong, people....
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theduder View Post

I ended up with 4 phones even though all never went all the way through?!? PITA!

i was extremely frustrated with this launch. for one, where the hell were the notification emails at? had those been sent out, it being released 30 minutes early wouldnt have been that big of a deal. then the call center just shuts down and refuses to answer the phone. i had like 20 cart errors and 1 purchase error. then I finally got it at like 1151 central time. thank you based god.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    I ended up with 4 phones even though all never went all the way through?!? PITA!
    Would you be kind enough to sell to a poor forum member that didn't get theirs?

I hit the order button about 6 times so could have wound up like you, lol. I was okay with that because I was planning on selling the extras to forums members, that got screwed, at COST (no profit), I'd more than one order made it through, lol.

They'd just have to come pick it up or pay for me to ship it to them. But only one order seems to have gone through, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickydavis1051 View Post
    Lies. You'll be back.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrilltk View Post
    i was extremely frustrated with this launch. for one, where the hell were the notification emails at? had those been sent out, it being released 30 minutes early wouldnt have been that big of a deal. then the call center just shuts down and refuses to answer the phone. i had like 20 cart errors and 1 purchase error. then I finally got it at like 1151 central time. thank you based god.
    Yep, they closed down the call center! They just gave you an automated message and hung up on your ***!

Seriously messed up...

Guess they didn't want to deal with all the Ragers they knew they were going to get from such a f***ed up launch, haha!

Wow, Google... just... wow! SMH

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    Would you be kind enough to sell to a poor forum member that didn't get theirs?

I hit the order button about 6 times so could have wound up like you, lol. I was okay with that because I was planning on selling the extras to forums members, that got screwed, at COST (no profit), I'd more than one order made it through, lol.

They'd just have to come pick it up or pay for me to ship it to them. But only one order seems to have gone through, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I will once I get confirm they are shipping. I'm still a little "worried" that because of all the button clicking I did, that I won't get them. Say I'm paranoid because 2 of them got denied by BOA because I put them on my debit card and BOA emailed me instantly citing "irregular activity". I called them ASAP and said NO, let the charge go through!!!!!!!
    The other 2 (that I didn't know I ordered), went on a Mastercard. So, I presume all is good.

I'll post up in the 'For Sale'/marketplace once I know they've shipped.
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Lmao everyone attacking Google, defending Apple, comparing this and that and the other thing and conspiracy theories...... It's a PHONE launch. If I didn't get one I'd shrug and try again when they restock. Some people sure go nutso when things don't go their way. Chill guys, it's just a phone

Thanked by:
    Ry 
    nickacs, Ry, jab0321 and 2 others like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast