Nexus 4 sold out in USA.

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Google hast another time mess things up. The webpage is saying that it is sold out after 15 pre minutes on sale.
Sad, Sad, Very Sad.:(

iboost79#AC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Google hast another time mess things up. The webpage is saying that it is sold out after 15 pre minutes on sale.
Sad, Sad, Very Sad.:(

Google is not in the retail business. They sell mainly intangible products. I think they have less than 15 tangible products on the Play Store. No one expects a inexperienced online retailer to get it right.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Google is not in the retail business. They sell mainly intangible products. I think they have less than 15 tangible products on the Play Store. No one expects a inexperienced online retailer to get it right.

Exactly.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
FYI I just got an order through at 12:05 CST (10:05 PST) - it was showing the "notify when available page and I just kept hitting refresh until it suddenly came up for order. I punched through the purchase screens as fast as I could. This was for a 16 GB model. I had it in my cart twice earlier and both times it would crash during the "proceed" part and then my cart would be empty.

Anyway keep trying!

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
FYI a guy in the office here just ordered one as well (16 GB) at 12:16 AM CST (10:16AM PST). They're not sold out people, keep hitting refresh!!

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried one last time...hit the refresh couple times, as soon as it appeared "in stock", added to my cart and paid in 3 clicks in less than 5 seconds. Order processed successfully and got the email confirmation in under 1 minutes. :) This was at 2.00pm ET

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say if it's sold out or not. I ordered a 16GB one about 10 mins ago EST after a number of F5 screen refreshes. Finally went through. Got confirmation email. Keep trying, folks.

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

You know, I actually do expect freaking Google to be able to run a website that can stand up to some freaking traffic. Have I overly high standards in that regard?

Not judging demand correctly for a physical product is one thing. Having all that "it's in your cart! no it isn't!" crud going on is quite another.

Easport23

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's so unfair. I actually got up to ordering it. But it's pending. I don't know when I'll get to receive my device.
Are they behind on orders? Are they out of stock? Wait.... how would they be out of stock if I was able to place an order on it?
I'm hoping they're behind and that I'll get it by next week. So I haven't received the confirmation email yet....
What do you guys think?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You know, I actually do expect freaking Google to be able to run a website that can stand up to some freaking traffic. Have I overly high standards in that regard?

Not judging demand correctly for a physical product is one thing. Having all that "it's in your cart! no it isn't!" crud going on is quite another.

I'll still chalk this up to Google's inexperience in retail.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll still chalk this up to Google's inexperience in retail.

Meh. They've had plenty of time since they started selling the GNEX a few months back to get this "ordering online" thing sorted out if they wanted to. I'm sure they've known since then this is how they would be peddling their hardware, I would think they would have had a better game plan by now. Or not. Like you said, they are not a retailer, so maybe they just don't want to spend the time and $$$ to make this sort of thing a smooth operation.

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I was inside the Play Store 30 minutes trying to buy this new device. It is sad to say the Google play Store XXcks big time !! With all my experience on Online shopping. I have never seen this before and I hope Google spend some money on developing a suitable shopping web page for hardware that are on heavy demand like this one.

I'm happy for everyone that was able to get in on the 15 minutes gap!! Congrats and I will be reading everyones report HERE!! :cool:
gn4.jpg

yukichi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 Officially Sold Out in USA Now

The site now says SOLD OUT instead of "Coming Soon" in the USA, looks like they are really out of inventory this time. No point in refreshing anymore today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams