Did you settle for the 8GB version?

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Hell no I didn't settle for the 8BG version! Sixteen is marginal as it is. What happened to all those threads pre-release ing about how 8 would never work and that 16 might not even be enough storage? Most of you blew your wad and should've just waited a couple hours to get the 16 after the mad rush subsided. I agree though, Google really needs to do better with these launches. Guess they didn't learn from their mistakes with the N7 release.

DonJuan89

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No, I got two 16gb. And not by mistake :)

I was ordering in the German Play Store. They opened it at 9.12am. I had to be one of the first people to get one because I had no issues at all, the whole order (from clicking add to cart) was done in under 30 seconds. I then tried ordering another one separately, immediately after the first one but that took some nerve to get it through. But I got it.

What I don't get however is why they take 2 days to send it. My order status reads: estimated send time Nov 15 :( It won't get here until next week.

I'm really sorry for all you guys that didn't get one. Feel for you all. I spent 8 hours running around snowy and freezing Berlin last year to get my Galaxy Nexus.

Hang in there, you'll get yours :)

FBMeDotCo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Google Play will be releasing the phone in few weeks. 8 GB is nothing. why not wait a bit and then get the 16GB.

The thing is that a lot of people ordered the phone in bulk, which contributed for the phones being sold out.
That's what happens when the US price is 350 and the international price can get close to 500-600 euro.
Which makes the phone more luxurious for US residents to buy in bulk and send it overseas for 500$.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
i chose the 8gb. i don't store a lot of crap on my devices. Couple google music playlists set to offline, some magazines and books and that's about it. i felt like i was wasting the 32gb on my old galaxy nexus

drwohl

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
If Google had had a functioning ordering system, then people wouldn't have accidentally ordered multiples. I don't blame the buyers, I blame Google.

I tried to order a 16GB, but it got jammed in processing. Then I tried to order an 8GB, but that didn't work, either. Somewhat happy ending: I have an order in process at T-Mo. I really hadn't wanted to extend my contract for two years, but what the hey...
Definitely a first world problem

ETA: if everyone wouldn't have accidentally ordered extra phones, there may have been enough to go around.

anon(940270)

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was able to buy the 16GB about 1-2 mins after it went on sale. So I had no issues buying one. If I couldn't get the 16GB, I wouldn't have ordered an 8GB. Now just waiting for it to ship. Google needs better communcation skills. People were up all night waiting. I went to bed early so I didn't expect to be able to order one. But I lucked out because it didn't go on sale until 8:30AM PST. I don't think its hard to post a web page with when it would be available, even if they had push the time back. A lot of people who didn't sleep or woke up early and missed out.

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I totally took 30 seconds to get my 16GB with Bumper. I was moitering the HTML code change and the second it went live, without rushing either, walked through the process rather effortlessly. No freezes or nothing. I got my conformation email moments later. Problem is I don't have a shipping date and when I call them they don't have one either. So now it's day 2 today obviously and still no update. if they don't communicate by 3pm EST I know it wasn't sent off. Then comes my complaint call. I don't like not being "in the know" about something I paid 2 day shipping on. But as the Google rep told me "3 to 5 days to ship order"..Then it will be 2 days" So in theory We're looking at a weeks time before we see this device. Just unsettling they don't update accordingly.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why people find this so difficult... it says "Delivered in 3-5 business days" You pay for 2 day shipping which means it's in the Parcel service's hands for two days. In conclusion, if you ordered yesterday, and do not receive your device by Tuesday, then by all means commence whining.

dwhall

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
No way I would settle.. I understand $299-$349 is cheap for a device like this but it is still $300+.. Not going to settle just so I can have it on day one.. I have lived 42 years without it, I can most likely live another month without it :)

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Amen.

It's so clear its shocking that there is confusion.

I'm not sure why people find this so difficult... it says "Delivered in 3-5 business days" You pay for 2 day shipping which means it's in the Parcel service's hands for two days. In conclusion, if you ordered yesterday, and do not receive your device by Tuesday, then by all means commence whining.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the 16GB. I wanted to know if the unlocked version will work on the AT&T network?

They are all unlocked and it works fine on AT&T, I was using it this morning on an AT&T straight talk sim but Fedex just delievered my Tmobile straight talk sim and the data is even better now!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the 8GB so I didn't settle. I think thats more then enough with the cloud storage I use for photos. I also don't put much music on my phones because I enjoy using Pandora.

deiceman32

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Sweet. I'm gonna be looking forward to getting it and not having to get a 2 yr contract with AT&T. Thx for the info.

They are all unlocked and it works fine on AT&T, I was using it this morning on an AT&T straight talk sim but Fedex just delievered my Tmobile straight talk sim and the data is even better now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995