Anyone going to T-Mobile tomorrow?

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna call the local one when they open. If it is a pure nexus 4 with no bloatware then I may be tempted. But we'll see

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even know they had value plans! Are the value plans better than the prepaid? I've been denying calls and calling back from landline when possible because I'm with 100 mins lol and for prepaid with more minutes the amount of high speed internet goes down from 5gb to 2gb and even less in certain prepaid plan

20 bucks cheaper per phone. I believe T-Mobile is the only carrier who lets you pay less if you bring your own phone. This coupled with the fact that the Nexus 4 will work best on the T-Mobile network, means a big boon for T-Mobile...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna call the local one when they open. If it is a pure nexus 4 with no bloatware then I may be tempted. But we'll see

All Nexus 4s are exactly the same regardless of where you purchase them.

Sent from my Nexus 7

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sweet thought so. If the local store has a 16gb one then I'm getting it. Worth the extra cost to get it today

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
The question is, is your purchase linked by the MEID if you purchase at Tmobile?

If not, what could stop you from purchasing from them, activate the phone. Purchase one from Google Play once they are back in stock, and return that one to tmobile for the $499 refund since it's still factory sealed. The excuse would line up as a "Christmas Gift" that you no longer want.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
The question is, is your purchase linked by the MEID if you purchase at Tmobile?

If not, what could stop you from purchasing from them, activate the phone. Purchase one from Google Play once they are back in stock, and return that one to tmobile for the $499 refund since it's still factory sealed. The excuse would line up as a "Christmas Gift" that you no longer want.

Won't work, of course they keep the MEID and IMEI on file.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I recently bought a Note II from T-Mobile and started a value plan. When I get the nexus 4 all I have to do is buy a nano Sim and put it in the nexus 4 and transfer my number rite? I'll keep the same plan? Does the insurance carry over or do I have to ask?

I'll be calling T-Mobile n e way sometime this week.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I recently bought a Note II from T-Mobile and started a value plan. When I get the nexus 4 all I have to do is buy a nano Sim and put it in the nexus 4 and transfer my number rite? I'll keep the same plan? Does the insurance carry over or do I have to ask?

I'll be calling T-Mobile n e way sometime this week.

Nexus 4 uses the same Micro SIM not nano SIM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd be tempted to buy the contract phone through T-Mobile if it is exactly the same. Specifically 1) No bloatware or added apps. 2) Updates through Google not T Mobile. 3) Unlocked so I can use a different carrier after my contract should I decide to do so.

In other words, the exact same phone, literally! Not "well it's the same, except..."

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
All the reports have said that tmo will not be adding anything. So according to the press releases it is the exact same device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I called Tmobile and they said it was locked to the carrier I contested but there was no point in arguing. I dont think it is locked but I am not going to take the chance.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Called three T-Mobile stores today and got quick no from all that they dis not have the Nexus 4. One of the three T-Mobile stores told me they should getting some today. This T-Mobile store probably most popular since it in a popular mall so surprising to me they don't have it already.

There one more other T-Mobile store I will call but won't surprise if they don't have Nexus 4 because not ideal store I would expect N4.

Anyone notice the T-Mobile website is not really putting the N4 front and center on their webpage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums