Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Great Job Google....

I guess I don't need to rehash what has happened with the initial offering of the Nexus 4 so I'll just tell my story.

I was up till late last night hitting refresh and following the stories of AUS and EUR getting first crack at the N4. When I heard over and over again that the store would open at 9PST I figured I would go to sleep and come back then to TRY and get one. AT 8:30 PST I log on and start hitting refresh 8:47 PST it goes through and I get the order started, then it stops I keep trying for another 30ish minutes. I check google wallet and it shows the order was sent to Google Inc. and a Problem processing order page but ehre is a order number listed so I think I'm good to go. A few mins later I check my bank and I find 4 charges for 4 Nexi. I cancel three of them, and get an email stating that all my orders have been cancelled. So now I'm listening to classical music while waiting to talke to someone at Google Play about my cancelled order.

This sucks and I'm pissed, I'd rather stand outside in line instead of have this happen.

How about you? Lets hear your Nexus 4 launch horror story.

Default Re: Great Job Google....

Similar story here. I go to buy the 16gb and says CC declined... so I try again... CC declined. Then I try another card and it worked. The card I was trying to use on the first 2 attempts is now restricted saying they think fraudulent activity is going on and I see two 1.00 charges on it. The full amount has been withdrawn from the card I used that actually allowed me to purchase. So hopefully all is well and once I get a tracking number confirmation I'll call my CC company to take care of the restricted access and the two 1.00 charges lol... unless they go away on their own.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ironzey View Post
    I guess I don't need to rehash what has happened with the initial offering of the Nexus 4 so I'll just tell my story.

I was up till late last night hitting refresh and following the stories of AUS and EUR getting first crack at the N4. When I heard over and over again that the store would open at 9PST I figured I would go to sleep and come back then to TRY and get one. AT 8:30 PST I log on and start hitting refresh 8:47 PST it goes through and I get the order started, then it stops I keep trying for another 30ish minutes. I check google wallet and it shows the order was sent to Google Inc. and a Problem processing order page but ehre is a order number listed so I think I'm good to go. A few mins later I check my bank and I find 4 charges for 4 Nexi. I cancel three of them, and get an email stating that all my orders have been cancelled. So now I'm listening to classical music while waiting to talke to someone at Google Play about my cancelled order.

This sucks and I'm pissed, I'd rather stand outside in line instead of have this happen.

How about you? Lets hear your Nexus 4 launch horror story.
    I went to bed around 1am, woke up at 3 ish to see if it goes up for sale(No dice), get back to sleep around 3:30 and at 4am my check4change thing starts beeping so I get up and check it. Idk what changed but it wasn't up for sale. Get back to bed around 4:30 and end up waking back up at 7am. 9:20 I get rdy for work, 10:15 I leave(Thinking maybe they will launch early so I'm trying to stay near a computer by :00 times), I get 2 emails otw to work checking my phone thinking it might be this so my heart skips a beat both times.

I setup everything at work and head upstairs and setup check4change. I'm sitting around waiting for it to go flipping between forums and at 11:30 I hear the beeping. I flip back to chrome and refresh, after 3-5 ish errors I finally get one in cart and checkout.

Two hours later now and no confirmation but afaik I should have an N4.

Forgot to mention, I normally get lunch OTW to work but I skipped lunch since I couldn't not be away from computer. So atm I'm running on no food and very little sleep. But it'll be worth it if I ever get that shipping confirmation.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Here's my horror story...

I'm limping along with a broken (but barely working) iPhone 3GS. Was totally underwhelmed with the iPhone 5, and really put off by the fact that it's still massively backordered almost 2 months from launch [primarily due to Apple's moronic obsession with device anorexia, making it harder to build]. I've been wanting to try Android for a while now, just to see how it compares. I also have an iOS app that I'd love to eventually port to Android. Thought this was the perfect time to jump in.

First, I was stupidly waiting until 9:00 because I thought maybe Google would start orders on an actual schedule like Apple does. Oops. I last refreshed at 8:30, then came back at 8:42 after doing a few things... only to find out it had been live for 10 minutes! Spent the next 30 minutes playing Refresh, Proceed, Error in 2 separate browsers. Finally got through to clicking Accept and Buy in one browser, telling me "Your purchase will complete momentarily..." Yeah, right!

Over 90 minutes later, no confirmation email. Nothing in Google Wallet. Only a $1 pending charge on my credit card - which I assume was Google testing it when I setup the wallet ahead of time.

I'm assuming it's dead. Struggling with whether to go back to the dark side or keep waiting. Both options leave a bad taste in my mouth.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvshush View Post
    Here's my horror story...
    I'm assuming it's dead. Struggling with whether to go back to the dark side or keep waiting. Both options leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    Sorry to hear it, Nokia will take your money. If I had to switch to another platform it would have to be Windows Phone. They've got actual stores, tablets and computers. Google repeatedly messes this stuff up.