Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Just purchased 16 GB @ 3:34 PM

My friend was just able to order a 16GB at 3:30 CST by refreshing. I accidentally ordered an extra 8GB during the frenzy and I'm too late to cancel. I can however refuse delivery I guess or try and sell it.

Gah. Just refreshed on a whim, Add To Cart button was there on the 8GB, added it, hit Proceed, got error message. Refreshed the cart and it was gone. Can't be constantly hitting refresh all day at work.

I just got one and got canceled again. Jesus Christ Google, why don't you want my money?

Just got one as well! Epic! Hopefully I will get it soon, as I am phone-less >.>

Default Re: [Official] Nexus 4 is Still in Stock and I Just Got One Thread

Just purchased mine as well. What a day. Good luck everyone.

You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 4:38:27 PM EST

Default Re: Just got a 16G Nexus 4 at 2:45 EST

I know that feel

I just got the 8gb @ 3:47 p.m. central. With shipping and tax (MO), total was $337.80.

I F5'd for about 25 minutes, lol.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Auto refresh doesnt seem to work. Will keep it on but have a feeling that I won't get one. Congratulations to y'all!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Just nabbed my second one after the feeding frenzy. I setup page monitor to check the page every ~15 seconds with desktop notifications on and went back to work. As soon as a notification pops up just switch over to the browser, refresh, and buy. Took about 10 trys per phone, but now we have two 16 GB nexus 4s on the way and we can kick Verizon to the curb and save $90/month on the phone bill

Was just able to order the 16GB model at 4:52pmEST. Been hitting refresh all day. Finally!!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Congrats to those who didn't give up =)
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Default Re: Hit refresh multiple times and it worked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Google promised one thing - that this phone would go on sale today. If you expected anything else, you made it up in your mind.
    Sorry, that's nonsense. If I go to McDonald's and find out the new CBO is cheddar, bacon, and onion on a dog food patty then I wouldn't say "Oops, well they only promised cheddar bacon and onion. Guess I made up the beef patty in my own mind."

When I have the damned thing in my shopping cart I should be able to buy it.

This was the third time I had it in my shopping cart, but the first time the order finally went through.

Haha, got one. Soon to give up, I tried it on my phone's browser on 3g and that gave me 'add to cart' a couple of times within 10 or 15 minutes.. they must have been ignoring a PC I had running since the morning with a page monitoring thing running.
    On my phone, the first time it didn't work because i unchecked 'link n4 to your account' which really means 'empty your shopping cart'.. but the second time went through the purchase screens smoothly on the CM10 default browser... if you're about to give up hope, try your phone.. not sure if its an IP or script-detect thing or what..
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I got this after refreshing for about 10 minutes.

Just ordered a 16GB Nexus 4, and a 16GB Nexus 10. Status under "My orders" are "Pre-Ordered". So no knowing when they will ship them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    I got this after refreshing for about 10 minutes.

Same here. Looks like it's official now. And Google's tight lipped about when they'll be back in stock. They're saying "in the coming weeks". That could mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Hidell View Post
    When I have the damned thing in my shopping cart I should be able to buy it.
    Indeed. That was the most frustrating part of the experience for me. >_<

what's sad, i didn't even get an initial email that I signed up for...refresh, refresh, refresh...
    edit: just got mine at 5:20 eastern 8gb

Default Re: nexus 4 not sold out

I have a few reservations about how the whole Nexus 4 purchasing thing went down today. At around 5 minutes before noon EST, I went to the Play store to try to F5 spam the website to buy a Nexus 4 (I read on Android Police that Google was officially opening up sales at 9am PST). To my dismay it had already been sold out; showing the "coming soon" and "notify me" on the page. I read about the refresh trick that was mentioned above and tried it. It took me a little while but I was able to place an order for two 16GB Nexus 4's (one for me and one for my friend). The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that I really got an oder in for two Nexus 4's that Google (or LG) has in stock. For one, people have mentioned that the reason it showed up as "coming soon" then "in stock" was because all the traffic on the server, but high traffic demand would just case the page not to load or load slowly; not show something in stock that previously wasn't. This makes me think there is an error that caused the page to show "in stock" and allow placing orders when, in fact, all the Nexus 4's that were actually available had already sold out in minutes. I think that for those like me that placed an order by spamming F5 until it changed to "in stock" we'll still get our Nexus 4's, but it wont be until Google gets its next batch of Nexus 4's. I hope I'm wrong but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

BOOM! Just got one! Hell yeah to the refresh!

I'm so mad, I got 5 orders cancelled because of Google's BS. They say they don't charge anything but then when I try to buy one it says decline.

5 31 pm eastern - after hours of F5 I managed to buy a 16 gb.
    Still can't believe it.

Just ordered a 16GB Nexus 4. waited a couple of seconds

I was able to get two. One at 3:03pm, and 3:07pm.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast