1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I Sign Up for Solavei without yet having my Nexus 4?

To me Solavei seems like the way to go with my Nexus 4 ordered earlier. To sign up it ask for a Device ID (IMEI) of course I don't have this because my nexus 4 was just ordered. How do I get past this device check?

Default Re: How do I Sign Up for Solavei without yet having my Nexus 4?

Same question here. Would like to get that going instead of waiting for device.

ROM
    Evervolv JB

Quote Originally Posted by boydcc2 View Post
    To me Solavei seems like the way to go with my Nexus 4 ordered earlier. To sign up it ask for a Device ID (IMEI) of course I don't have this because my nexus 4 was just ordered. How do I get past this device check?
    If you currently have a compatible phone just use that IMEI....if not you will have to wait. They cant send a SIM without programming it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hmmmm, yea no compatible devices. Wish there was one somebody posted somewhere.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhartt3 View Post
    Hey guys you can use any phone that takes a micro sim. They use the IMEI to get the correct sim card size. PM me and i will send you my iphone 4 IMEI and you can use that to make it past that step. Here is my link for referrals DO NOT use, I repeat, DO NOT just use any IMEI. It must be from a phone that takes a microsim card as this will be what your nexus will take. All iphone 4 and higher models take this.

I would appreciate you signing up through me if you found my information helpful.
    Sent ya a PM hook me up PLEASE!! =)

go to and sign my guest book then let me know and I will get with the founders and get you a way if anyone can.

Does anyone have an old iPhone 4/4S IMEI that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm not sure how long I can wait for Solavei to add the Nexus 4 to their database. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Default Re: How to set up Solavei with your Nexus 4

Thanks.
    If you port your solavei # to google voice, do you still get the lag of a google voice internet connection? I want to use my GV#. But the call quality has been sub par.

Default Re: How to set up Solavei with your Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Benoni Cooper View Post
    Thanks.
    If you port your solavei # to google voice, do you still get the lag of a google voice internet connection? I want to use my GV#. But the call quality has been sub par.
    Google Voice isn't internet calling, it uses the regular cell service and your cell plan minutes. You can ALSO use it via IP if you want, but that's not it's primary method of access.
    If you're getting bad call quality, that's either your phone or your cell provider.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrid View Post
    Does anyone have an old iPhone 4/4S IMEI that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm not sure how long I can wait for Solavei to add the Nexus 4 to their database. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    I have an IMEI number for use, if anyone needs it just PM me

1. To begin signup of your Nexus 4 use this link.
    2. Enter your zip to confirm coverage
    3. [Important] Use the following IMEI # to get past the first step: 353022055115650 . This IMEI ensures you get the micro-sim card instead of a full-size sim.
    4. Solavei asks if you want to port a phone # or have them choose a phone # for you.
    5. Solavei asks for the usual personal information
    6. Solavei mentions that it will be shipping you a "sim" but does not go into detail whether it is a micro-sim or not. Don't worry. The IMEI # you used earlier ensures it is a micro-sim.
    7. Finish the process and a micro-sim card will be shipped out to you within 2 business days #Googlenexus #Lgnexus4 #solavei

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 05-29-2013 at 11:06 AM.