Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else kind of over it?

I was really excited, but after spending two weeks using an ancient Sidekick and waiting for the Nexus 4 I'm really unhappy with how this was handled. If this is how Google treats customers maybe they don't need my money.
    gs_up likes this.

Default Re: Anyone else kind of over it?

Google said the phone would go on sale today, nothing more, nothing less.

Did you just break up with Google?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    smileman, six8 and gs_up like this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kookas View Post

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Haha, time to update the Facebook status?! But really, I can see where he's coming from.. it was pretty sloppy.
    six8 and gs_up like this.

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

I'm not over it at all, in fact I am more excited about the Nexus 4 than I've ever been, but of course I was able to order one before they sold out. So that might have something to do with my level of excitement.

The process of purchasing the device was very frustrating, but as soon as I recieved my confirmation email I was happy again and got over my dissatisfaction with Google Wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Hidell View Post
    I was really excited, but after spending two weeks using an ancient Sidekick and waiting for the Nexus 4 I'm really unhappy with how this was handled. If this is how Google treats customers maybe they don't need my money.
    Sorry that you didn't get a Nexus! Unfortunately lots of people wanted one and Google wasn't expecting it to be that high of demand it seems.

Maybe they just couldn't meet demand or maybe its for Pr, but its something we have to deal with.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

If you feel this strongly about Google OP, then perhaps you shouldn't use ANY Google services at all.
    gs_up likes this.

The restock can be anytime. Maybe I should just get the S3...

This kinda reminds me of the Nexus 7 launch this summer. Face it, it's a killer device at a killer price, naturally it's going to be a game of roulette trying to get one at launch. It's not really Google's fault, this happens to lots of companies that launch heavily anticipated electronics.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Kookas View Post
    Dear Google,

I'm just not that into you.

-OR-

You and I could have been great together, but that awfully-performing storefront of yours is just a dealbreaker.
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    pounder001 likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would in all honesty blame the interest it generated and the scalpers wellllll before blaming Google.
    Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the Nexus 7 launch this summer. Face it, it's a killer device at a killer price, naturally it's going to be a game of roulette trying to get one at launch. It's not really Google's fault, this happens to lots of companies that launch heavily anticipated electronics.

Wasn't Nexus 7 available at other stores, not just Google Play, like Staples, Office Max, Best Buy?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Staples, GameStop, Walmart and best buy in the US.
    Google it.

Nope. I'm tingly.
    Anyone else kind of over it?-1351383320410.jpg
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Well I blame my bank for blocking the transaction, I pulled out like $1500 in Vegas over Memorial Day and no blocks. Yet somehow $400 to some crazy unknown vendor like "google.com" triggers it haha.

Oh well, I'm more excited than ever! If it is as popular as it seems at the moment it will generate more 3rd party support. And it all honesty, I work 10 hours a day and have an Acer A100 to play with at home when I'm not there, so I'm not sure why I need one anyway

Quote Originally Posted by gs_up View Post
    Wasn't Nexus 7 available at other stores, not just Google Play, like Staples, Office Max, Best Buy?
    True, but I was thinking the Play Store launch seemed real hit or miss, like the Nexus 7 launch.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Out of curosity, which Sidekick are you using? I'm rocking a LX 2009.

I'm not the kind of person to buy something as soon as it's released, so I'm not affected. I know there will be more.

So before this you had the impression that Google had great customer service?

@_@
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Google will restock quickly.

Google has always had bad customer service, but there is nothing you can do.
    Its a waiting game for me now.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

I am over it. Preordered the HTC One X+ yesterday, so once it ships I will forget this ever happened. I am on ATT and the N4 would have been a sacrifice anyway not to have LTE, but not to have HSPA+42 or a sd slot was too many things to overcome. I am not a latest and greatest. I am replacing an Experia Play that only has 400mb storage, and has to have sd card for any apps. unfortunately I have too many apps that are not sd, and out of space. It is so full that I can't even upgrade the Play Store on the phone

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Wow guys calm down. To all the people "over it," you're probably disappointed with how Google handled the first release of this device. Why did you guys go in thinking that this will be an easy and smooth process when thousands and thousands of people will be trying to get one for themselves. I understand there are scalpers but there's no reason to ruffle your jimmies. Everyone that wants a nexus 4 will eventually get one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    So before this you had the impression that Google had great customer service?

@_@
    Google it.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gs_up View Post
    The Nexus 7 launched used a pre-order system and a simultaneous brick-and-mortar launch. This, coupled with demand that far outstripped their supply, caused people to be on backorder waiting lists while their local stores had a (limited and sporadic) supply that was immediately available for the same price and no shipping charge. So a lot of people got understandably impatient and went to the local store to buy one, then refused the shipment of their pre-ordered unit.

Mistakes made:
    - Accepting pre-orders (great judge of demand, but you can't adapt to high demand on a small-scale build anyway).
    - Simultaneous launch in stores (they should have fulfilled their backorders and delayed the store launch by at least a week so their backorders and store demand weren't competing for stock and tying up multiple units to serve one customer).

For the Nexus 4 launch, they seem to have learned their lesson. The N4 launch looked like the launch of pretty much any unit where the demand far exceeded supply. Shopping cart system got wonky at very low supply levels ("well, we had one when it got into your cart, but now we're out, oh wait, we have one after all, oops - it's gone again!") and of course it sold out quickly. They they caused further confusion by taking any orders that got canceled due to people accidentally ordering 4-5 units because of shopping cart wonkiness and re-introducing them to stock in small batches, causing the shopping cart to remain wonky for quite a while (rather than just going immediately to "out of stock" and making those units available later).

It's actually pretty hard to design a shopping cart system that does a reasonable job of selling in a high-demand, low-stock situation. How long do you reserve units for potentially abandoned shopping carts? How do you tell the difference between someone who has abandoned their cart and someone who is just rifling through their wallet trying to find their credit card, or in that "do I really want this" indecision point?

Google's next launch would look a lot better if they learned lessons from both launches, and went something like the following:

1. Pre-announce about a month and a half out. Start accepting backorders immediately. If you can make 1,000 units a day and there are 45 days until launch day, the first 30,000 customers are guaranteed a ship date 2 weeks before official launch. Everyone else gets ship dates starting from there and rolling out one day for every 1,000 units sold. If demand is large enough, adjust manufacturing early and start shipping orders out before the promised dates.

2. Stop accepting backorders when demand reaches the point where you can fulfill all orders one week before the official cross-channel launch. Concentrate on getting units out to those customers while staging units at all your intended retail outlets. That means you won't have any customers with a unit on a UPS truck knowing that another unit is sitting at a retail store nearby.

Now all your customers who really, really, REALLY want one have them in their hands, and you are in a situation where you've learned what demand might be like and your launch will be more measured and controllable.
    pounder001 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast