Has Anyone Successfully Cancelled an Order?

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I never got a confirmation earlier today when I was trying to place an order but received two emails almost an hour later indicating my order has been received. I tried clicking the link to cancel one but I have not received any further communication stating it's been cancelled. I tried calling Google and they said there may be a delay in receiving the emails. I tried cancelling about 2.5 hours ago and still haven't received anything - anyone have any luck cancelling an order online?

Last edited:

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I successfully cancelled 4 orders as I ordered 5 by accident because the site kept wigging out. You have to do it within the hour I believe. It showed up cancelled on my Google Wallet quite a while before I got the cancel email.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay - both are showing pending on my Google Wallet account. I think I was basing my one hour time frame off of when I received my confirmation email and not of the actual time listed in the email. Those emails came about 30-40 minutes the order was placed. I'll call in customer service and have them cancel an order. Thanks!

jmonte345

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I ended up with an extra phone but wasn't able to cancel using the link in the email or by calling customer service both of which happened within the hour. Kind of annoyed since it looks like they aren't shipping the phones out right away anyway so now I have to deal with returning the extra phone. Unless, I can find someone local who wants it.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Same - I went back and forth between calling Google and my bank to get this order cancelled. It's utterly ridiculous to only allow people one hour to cancel an order - how are you supposed to do that when 1) you were never notified that an order had been received and 2) the email shows up 40 minutes late, giving you about 20 minutes to react? Google has claimed they will send my request down to the shipping department and hopefully they can cancel the order within 24-48 hours.

It's great they're holding ~$340 on my account and affecting my finances because their site wigged out.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want your device, just deny it from UPS, they will send it back to Google and you'll get a full refund.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jmonte345

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want your device, just deny it from UPS, they will send it back to Google and you'll get a full refund.

That's what they told me to do but in the mean time they have almost $400 of my money because their website couldn't handle the demand.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
That's what they told me to do but in the mean time they have almost $400 of my money because their website couldn't handle the demand.

Call and ask to speak with a supervisor or ask to have them send a note to the shipping department to cancel. The shipping department was able to cancel my order, shortly after I spoke with a supervisor.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

Only works if your there for it/sign for it. Our neighborhood UPS guy knows us so well he just drops the box on our front porch and takes off. Even for packages requiring signature!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Same - I went back and forth between calling Google and my bank to get this order cancelled. It's utterly ridiculous to only allow people one hour to cancel an order - how are you supposed to do that when 1) you were never notified that an order had been received and 2) the email shows up 40 minutes late, giving you about 20 minutes to react? Google has claimed they will send my request down to the shipping department and hopefully they can cancel the order within 24-48 hours.

It's great they're holding ~$340 on my account and affecting my finances because their site wigged out.

Seriously.. I ended up with f-ing FOUR phones.. WTF? And the last one I allegedly ordered around 12:05pmEST and never got an email from Google receipt until 1:24pmEST! I have the proof.. So I went online to cancel and no dice. Get an email immediately back saying pretty much "We were unable to cancel your order". So I called them this afternoon when I got home from work and the chick "said" she cancelled 3 of the orders, but all FOUR are still in my Google Wallet as "pending". So that's like $1500 I'm out until possibly tomorrow?!? FU Google!

jmonte345

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Only works if your there for it/sign for it. Our neighborhood UPS guy knows us so well he just drops the box on our front porch and takes off. Even for packages requiring signature!

I brought that up with the Google customer service rep. They said that if you don't open the box and take it to the UPS Store you can still reject the package. Still a pain in the butt but they said I wouldn't be charged a restocking fee and they'd refund the original shipping.

jmonte345

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Call and ask to speak with a supervisor or ask to have them send a note to the shipping department to cancel. The shipping department was able to cancel my order, shortly after I spoke with a supervisor.

It worked. I was able to cancel the second phone. Thanks for the tip.

mjstealey

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Similar to others I called customer service last night and was told that there was nothing that they could do directly about accidental additional orders due to the misbehavior of the play store checkout process, and that I should refuse UPS delivery.

This morning I received an email from google stating
Thank you for your recent order placed on Google Play. Our records indicate that you have several open orders in our system. You can view them in your Google Wallet account at: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions.

We would like to confirm that you intended to place all of these orders before processing occurs. If it was not your intention and this is an error, we have three easy ways for you to cancel any unwanted orders. Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped.

It also contained links and descriptions of how to cancel orders.

I've since successfully cancelled the additional phone order via the online cancelation service described here: Canceling or changing your order - Google Play Help

Based on the email I'm assuming my shipment is delayed by at least the 24 hrs of pending cancel time, but definitely worth it if you've accidentally wound up with more orders than you actually need...

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't cancel the duplicate order yesterday. But received the same email as above. I was able to cancel the order this morning using the same method.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2