New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

rodneyw1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hover over that date, it is the date when your order was last updated. Many of us got that today. No clue what was updated but I remain hopeful for early shipment next week.

I ordered the N4 on the 13 at 8:32 and have been in limbo since. Today it went to the 17th as did others. On the 14th I ordered the N7. It also went to 17th today. A few minutes ago I received a noticed that my N7 had shipped along with a tracking number. When I went back and looked it had now gone to the 18th as last updated. I said all that to say I believe it's good that we were updated to the 17th. It looks like they are at least doing something with our orders and not just backordering them. Just my hunch, or maybe I'm just dreaming.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine still says the 13th in Play Store and the status column says "Complete" just as it did the first time I looked around 20 minutes after placing my 8:35:22 order. At the time, I thought, wow! They must be jumping right on these early orders and processing them for shipment today!

When I didn't receive a order confirmation email within an hour or two (still haven't...) I called cs to inquire and was told that everything "looks good" and not to worry about the missing confirmation email. Frankly, my gut is telling me that because my order was erroneously flagged as "Complete", I am not going to see anything until late next week when I call (again) to complain and someone finally looks at my order closely. By that time it will be one of the stragglers and they will no longer be able to brush it off as "you just have to wait until all these orders work their way through the system.

Akhil Sood

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got an order at 12:05:31 PM EST, play.google.com still says the same date as 13th and shipping estimate as 15th nov. Got a confirmation after half an hour of getting the order on wallet. No email of backorder or shipping yet. Still in Limbo. No idea when this will end. Pretty dissapointed in the company.

I called them twice to be told the same exact thing - "Order under Chargeable", which means processing. No idea on shipping. Irritating bastardos.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Still in limbo here too but I kinda knew there wouldn't be much action over the weekend, I'm surprised to hear about shipping emails going out at all yesterday. I think Monday will see a lot of devices ship with them getting to their destinations on Tuesday and Wednesday depending on where you are or Friday for some if the unfortunate people that live a little further away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My pending CC charge came off today. I was surprised it was there for so long, that was 5 days from the charge originally showing up. Usually banks will drop them after 3 days. This CC was on Capital One.

I'm just hoping that early tomorrow morning I get a shipment confirmation and tracking number.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jrosser#WN

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a nexus 4 so bad before thanksgiving that I just purchased on one eBay. I pad an extra 175 but I don't care. If I get back ordered maybe I will cancel. If I get the one I ordered from google then I am sure I will be able to see for a profit and break even. I guess we will see.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
UPS My Choice only notifies you the day before you will receive your package....according to what others have said on this and other forums...
Correct... You ONLY see an email from UPS MyChoice the day before your package is expected to arrive. NOT when Google/merchant creates a label with your UPS setup address.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I am for sure not getting mt Nexus tomorrow. Got an email from UPS My Choice about a delivery coming tomorrow from another company but nothing about my Nexus... bummer

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
And I know it doesn't mean much but the pending charges were removed from my card this morning. At least I HOPE it doesn't mean a backorder email is imminent....

bryancotton84

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Correct... You ONLY see an email from UPS MyChoice the day before your package is expected to arrive. NOT when Google/merchant creates a label with your UPS setup address.

Is this comment based on this recent google experience or overall? Cause Ive had MyChoice for years and I always get a notification right when a label is produced not the day before delivery.

binhton

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine status is exactly like yours. It says "Complete". Called in last Friday and CSR said I would receive the shipping email at the end of the day. Still no email and status still "Complete". I didn't get the back order email. I really don't know what is my order status.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is this comment based on this recent google experience or overall? Cause Ive had MyChoice for years and I always get a notification right when a label is produced not the day before delivery.

Are you a paid member of MyChoice, or on the freebie version?

If I read it correctly, freebie accounts only get the "day before delivery" notifications.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a freebie MyChoice account and got an email this morning about my Nexus 4 arriving by the end of the day tomorrow. Its the only email I have received from MyChoice and i signed up for the service before I got my shipping confirmation from Google.

Perry Fabiano

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
FWIW Mine shipped on 11/16 and I just got a UPS My Choice email this morning. So there is a lag with UPS My Choice

Exact same thing here, phone's been in their system since the 15th but just got the My Choice notice this morning, phone arrives tomorrow.

Must say, going by the spreadsheet, one in a million that my order has shipped already, simply no rhyme or reason to this. Only thing I can think of is that for whatever reason I had many less problems than others with the actual Google Play Store. I didn't log on until exactly 9:00am PST and was out the door with receipt four minutes later. Hit refresh just a hand full of times before it gave me the add to cart option and once in the cart got no error messages, went through smoothly without some of the multiple orders due to errors others are experiencing.

Hope this thread is filled with a ton of "received my shipping email" posts tomorrow morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci