New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Murkle

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
OK guys here's the real deal.

Just got off the phone with CSR, the guy seemed pretty legit. He checked my order and apparently Jay Z wanted to borrow my phone for a couple of days but "he's going to drop it round personally, probably in the next day or so". I'd imagine lots of phones are on loan to celebrities, they will be dropping them off soon.

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
3 - 7pmEST...

Technically, delivery time is generally 9am to 7pm for residences and sometimes later (like holiday delivery times, as I mentioned). It is close of business for commercial addresses which is generally 5pm. I've never heard of end of day starting at 3 - not that I don't believe it's possible! :D

Last edited:

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OK guys here's the real deal.

Just got off the phone with CSR, the guy seemed pretty legit. He checked my order and apparently Jay Z wanted to borrow my phone for a couple of days but "he's going to drop it round personally, probably in the next day or so". I'd imagine lots of phones are on loan to celebrities, they will be dropping them off soon.

Funny because a situation like this actually happened to a member on another forum I'm on who had a order in for a Jeep SRT8 and some how his vehicle order number was snatched and switched over and his order got delayed a couple months, and it turns out his vehicle order went to some anonymous celebrity lol.

jchice2

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for an unannounced surprise delivery, too. I haven't heard anything. I'm wondering how many others are in pre-order status like me? I haven't seen anyone mention that lately.

I am still in "Pre-Order" status too. I placed my order around 11:35AM EDT. Still have a pending charge on my debit card too.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Who in their right mind would cancel (after the hour), or send this phone back?

If you don't want it when it gets to you, sell it. There's people paying $100 premiums for it, and you're thinking of paying a restocking fee?

Unbelievable...

Akhil Sood

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Who in their right mind would cancel (after the hour), or send this phone back?

If you don't want it when it gets to you, sell it. There's people paying $100 premiums for it, and you're thinking of paying a restocking fee?

Unbelievable...

Not everybody has $349 sitting around idle. We can use that money before it gets delivered or should i say IF it gets delivered

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Not everybody has $349 sitting around idle. We can use that money before it gets delivered or should i say IF it gets delivered

If you don't have $349, why buy the phone in the first place? Also, if you don't have $349, selling the phone for $450 seems like a pretty good profit. $100 to the person who doesn't have $349 is big money.

Akhil Sood

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have $349, why buy the phone in the first place? Also, if you don't have $349, selling the phone for $450 seems like a pretty good profit. $100 to the person who doesn't have $349 is big money.

Uhh, because there is a difference between $350 bucks sitting idle or using that to buy a DSLR as this guy said? We are not getting our money's worth removed by moderator. Read between the lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

There is a difference between having the money in your account and wanting it to stay there for an undetermined amount of time. Atm I'm considering just wanting to buy a GN and getting it over with.

I bought this phone because I wanted a phone, not because I wanted to make a few bucks. I don't care to spend the time to ship it and risk getting ripped off, I just want the phone I ordered and was promised. If they can't deliver it in a timely manner they should give the choice to those who want to pursue something else with their money.

Jexus23

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone is now in New Stanton, PA as of 12:47pm. It is on time and scheduled to arrive at my doorstep in Gaithersburg, MD tomorrow by the "end of the day" (3pm - 7pm according to some ppl on this forum).

Will update as I get em.

Am I really the only person here who ordered from T-Mobile telesales last week (I ordered on Fri the 16th)?

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Uhh, because there is a difference between $350 bucks sitting idle or using that to buy a DSLR as this guy said? We are not getting our money's worth removed by moderator. Read between the lines.

Edit: Not worth it. The fact that you resorted to a personal attack means your argument lost all credibility. I'm right, you're wrong, good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There is a difference between having the money in your account and wanting it to stay there for an undetermined amount of time. Atm I'm considering just wanting to buy a GN and getting it over with.

I bought this phone because I wanted a phone, not because I wanted to make a few bucks. I don't care to spend the time to ship it and risk getting ripped off, I just want the phone I ordered and was promised. If they can't deliver it in a timely manner they should give the choice to those who want to pursue something else with their money.

I get that, but if you missed the window in which you can cancel it safely then you're screwed anyways. If the device makes it all the way to your house, you've already been charged. Are you really going to send it back and pay a restocking fee vs selling it at a $100 premium? Seems like an easy answer.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I get that, but if you missed the window in which you can cancel it safely then you're screwed anyways. If the device makes it all the way to your house, you've already been charged. Are you really going to send it back and pay a restocking fee vs selling it at a $100 premium? Seems like an easy answer.

If it makes it to my house then by all means I would be super pleased. The problem here is the window that they allow cancellations seems ridiculous since they have absolutely ZERO activity since I finished my order. No shipping, no confirmation, nada. No reason they couldn't take a cancellation when the thing hasn't even shipped or even started to ship.

But either way, I'll prob wait it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084