New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I can believe any of this. Google support has said literally a million different things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
People with backorder emails have had devices shipped, this is not too farfetched.

It makes sense that people who ordered on the 13th, regardless of backorder email, are first in queue.

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
at this point I do not believe any of it but I sure hope those idiots finally have some correct information.... we shall see

Dude they're just doing their jobs...they know next to nil.

You thought a $700 smartphone that costs $350 would sell without complications?

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Dude they're just doing their jobs...they know next to nil.

You thought a $700 smartphone that costs $350 would sell without complications?
well the problem is I know how this works because I am in sales / customer service over the phone and if someone has a problem or issue I do find out how to fix it or get them correct information not just feed them some bull......
November 13, 2012 4:34:17 PM UTC
plus i ordered pretty early on and i purchased a nexus 4 and a nexus 10 the tablet shows in stock RIGHT NOW on the website but have I heard anything or an email about the tablet??? NO

just upset I figured even if the n4 was out I'd still have been shipped what was available ....

jtshaw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It is interesting to see that my order (ordered originally at 8:35am PST on the 13th) has been updated today. Of course the status still shows "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012" and the wallet transaction doesn't look any different than it did on November 13th so it is anyones guess what the update from today is. I also have noticed that the transaction on my CC from November 13th is still a pending transaction which leads me to believe Google hasn't settled it yet. I've also still not received ANY e-mails from Google Play about this order despite the fact I e-mailed them to ask about the status of it on Saturday. They probably could have saved their customer service agents a lot of grief if they had better order statuses that set better expectations.

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
well the problem is I know how this works because I am in sales / customer service over the phone and if someone has a problem or issue I do find out how to fix it or get them correct information not just feed them some bull......
November 13, 2012 4:34:17 PM UTC
plus i ordered pretty early on and i purchased a nexus 4 and a nexus 10 the tablet shows in stock RIGHT NOW on the website but have I heard anything or an email about the tablet??? NO

just upset I figured even if the n4 was out I'd still have been shipped what was available ....

Fair point.

Everytime I have called Google support I have received at the least a moderate amount of help. Yes they drone on in robotic scripts but if they could tell you what your status was they would. I'm sure it would be a bad idea to give them read, write, etc access and detailed account info so an illegitimate rep or a nexus lover could easily sabotage your order (or account).

I doubt they have additional information and don't tell customers out of spite.

jajohns

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I certainly hope this is all true and most, if not all, of us get tracking numbers soon!

I just received a delivery alert from UPS a few hours ago (5:25pm EST) that I have something from Google scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm assuming it's the Nexus 10 that I ordered yesterday, but at least that will help distract me a bit if the phone doesn't also ship soon. :p

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with support, and he couldn't tell me anything more than I learned here. Didn't even hear about the email others are getting about being shipped tomorrow.

No idea what to believe.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't called myself but i think if the CSR really are saying this it's true. It would be really dumb for anyone working for Google to spread this rumor if it wasn't true. Can you imagine the amount of calls they will get if this doesn't happen. I mean after everything else if these phones don't show up tomorrow, people WILL GO CRAZY. haha

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't called myself but i think if the CSR really are saying this it's true. It would be really dumb for anyone working for Google to spread this rumor if it wasn't true. Can you imagine the amount of calls they will get if this doesn't happen. I mean after everything else if these phones don't show up tomorrow, people WILL GO CRAZY. haha

I know mine isn't coming, so I'll be one of those people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12