Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

We’ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.

If you ordered your tablet with a case, charger or Nexus Q, your Nexus 7 will ship this week with overnight shipping, in some cases ahead of the rest of your order. But don’t worry, the rest of your order will be on its way soon.
    Are they using the same policy here for nexus 4? shipping to those who did not order the bumpers? All those who received their nexus 4 can please confirm that they haven't ordered bumpers? Thanks in advance...

Google Addresses Nexus 7 Shipping Delays | TechnoBuffalo

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

I ordered a bumper and whilst the phone has arrived the bumper hasn't (UK) - I'm not too brassed off about them arriving that way round though.. That said I ordered the bumper a few hours after ordering the N4 although during the same working day.

Have ANY Canadians received a shipping notice yet?

Torotonto here,

Nexus 4 (8GB) Devices

CA$309.00

November 13, 2012

Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012
    Info

Help Center

Been like that since Tuesday.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlarco52 View Post
    Have ANY Canadians received a shipping notice yet?
    I've checked a couple of different forums and sites, haven't one one Canadian that has received a notice yet.

Another Toronto guy here, I'm in the same boat. Ordered "8:37:36 AM UTC-8", with "shipping estimate: november 15, 2012" and no shipping notice as of yet

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Is there any chance really of getting this tomorrow? I have been an iPhone guy since day-one in 2007 and the suspense is killing me here! Dang.

I have a feeling it is only shipping today, two-day, which means Monday delivery. If so I wish they didn't take so long to actually ship the thing. Two-day shipping doesn't mean much if you take another two days before even shipping it.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by danamccall View Post
    My order was placed at 12:06 PST on Tuesday. Where are you seeing a shipping date on that store/account page? Mine shows Name | Category | Price | Date | Status | Options. The Date for my 16GB N4 is 11/13 while the cancelled 8GB unit is 11/14. Is that a transaction date? Under Status, my 16GB says "Complete | Info". I click on Info and it takes me to my Wallet page for the order, however I only see order information and there is nothing on the page about "Shipping" other than the ShipTo address.
    In the exact same boat as you, ordered at very nearly the exact same time. No shipping info or shipping email, and the order status has said simply "Complete" since Tuesday

Well this is completely unacceptable now, to be honest a lot of people are in Google's defense stating that its not easy to do this and so on, however, after this much time and the team of people/computers they have/should have in play on this operation Google should have gotten it together. It's literally as simple as printing a label and pasting it on the box, then handing it over to UPS. Not much work involved as computers deal with 90% of the work...unacceptable all together, apple performed better (sad to say).

This has killed most of my excitement for having/needing a new phone as I broke my old one and am using an old flip phone for work and need email access constantly. I'm just hoping that the phone exceeds my expectations or I'll have to return it as Google already ruined much of my experience already.

My order line item now says DELIVERY ESTIMATE 15 NOVEMBER; pretty sure it used to read SHIPPING ESTIMATE... don't know if I should read too much into this, but thought I'd pass on the information.
    I haven't received any sort of shipping confirmation email or anything.

Just to iterate over my experience with UPS 2 day shipping ( I had over 1000 packages shipped to me with 2 day shipping in the last 4 years), I have made some observations on how long it takes for UPS to deliver. So I got my tracking email at 4:42 AM EST. Therefore, it is 1:42 cali time.

There are two possibilities here. Either Google only created labels and did not actually ship the devices at this point OR they sent us the shipping info couple hours later after they loaded the trucks and did their inventory related tasks and confirmed that the products were actually shipped. I believe the 2nd case is more likely. If 2nd case is true now there are 2 more options. First and foremost is that Google shipped somewhere not too far from where I am (Philadelphia). If so, my experience with UPS suggests that they will make an attempt to deliver it by the end of Friday because they received the products late Wednesday night and that means Friday is the second day. However, if the product has shipped from west coast or somewhere as far away, then because of the time difference and so on (and the fact that they don't guarantee the second day delivery) they won't consider Wednesday and simply start the tracker on Thursday which puts the delivery date on Monday.

Distance is the key point here. Last night I ordered something from Amazon. They shipped late last night from somewhere in NJ. It is already out for delivery as of 6 AM today.
    xhausted likes this.

Carrier
    Android 4.2

I still show shipping estimate 11/15. No tracking.
    Ordered 5:05PM CST
    Texas

Ships from texas so that helps.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by usrnm_tkn View Post
    My order line item now says DELIVERY ESTIMATE 15 NOVEMBER; pretty sure it used to read SHIPPING ESTIMATE... don't know if I should read too much into this, but thought I'd pass on the information.
    Mine seems to alternate between 'delivery' and 'shipping' - estimate. Oddly enough, on my computer it reads 'shipping', but when I access the play store through my iPhone 4's browser, it reads 'delivery'. I don't think it means anything.
    usrnm_tkn likes this.

I would like to remind you something though. Apple takes pre-orders and they take their sweet time (2 weeks the least) to print the shipping labels and send the packages. At the time of pre-orders, Apple is actually sitting on the products and delaying them on purpose in exchange for a better user experience. Google on the other hand, stated that it ships in 2 business days (That's what it said when I bought it), and they delivered on their promise. I would take 2 business days shipping over 2 weeks shipping. However, this does not mean that taking pre-orders are a bad idea. In fact that is the area where Google was mistaken by not taking pre-orders. The experience could (and would) have been much better.

Well this is completely unacceptable now, to be honest a lot of people are in Google's defense stating that its not easy to do this and so on, however, after this much time and the team of people/computers they have/should have in play on this operation Google should have gotten it together. It's literally as simple as printing a label and pasting it on the box, then handing it over to UPS. Not much work involved as computers deal with 90% of the work...unacceptable all together, apple performed better (sad to say).

This has killed most of my excitement for having/needing a new phone as I broke my old one and am using an old flip phone for work and need email access constantly. I'm just hoping that the phone exceeds my expectations or I'll have to return it as Google already ruined much of my experience already.
    hhurtado1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    How is this unacceptable when you clicked on an "Add to Cart" button with the words "Delivered in 3-5 business days" directly above it, and we are on day 2?
    Actually it stated 2-4 business day for me, that's including 2 day shipping. Then I called (multiple times) and spoke with different reps and was told the exact same thing, to expect it by friday (won't ever happen) and monday (at this rate won't happen), believe me I was all for defending Google before as I ship out product weekly through my own company; but now this is just sad they should have let someone else handle this since they seem to be so new to shipping tangible objects. Google sucks in my books for the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by aaridici View Post
    I would like to remind you something though. Apple takes pre-orders and they take their sweet time (2 weeks the least) to print the shipping labels and send the packages. At the time of pre-orders, Apple is actually sitting on the products and delaying them on purpose in exchange for a better user experience. Google on the other hand, stated that it ships in 2 business days (That's what it said when I bought it), and they delivered on their promise. I would take 2 business days shipping over 2 weeks shipping. However, this does not mean that taking pre-orders are a bad idea. In fact that is the area where Google was mistaken by not taking pre-orders. The experience could (and would) have been much better.
    Well I ordered 6 iPhone 5's this year (gifts to clients of mine) and received them all within 5 days.

Carrier
    Android 4.2

I called Google. N4 ships from Texas. Rep could not give me the city though.

Quote Originally Posted by aaridici View Post

First and foremost is that Google shipped somewhere not too far from where I am (Philadelphia).

aaridici likes this.

My still says pending and I haven't received a shipping tracking number.

Well I ordered 6 iPhone 5's this year (gifts to clients of mine) and received them all within 5 days.
    I am guessing you did not pre-order then?

With the iPad mini and iPad 4, I was able to experience business related release day delivery. However, the still sat on the products for 2 weeks before they released it (I mean I had to wait 2 weeks after our order was taken). I think that's still slower than Google's. At least I prefer the way Google is trying to - and possibly failing - to deliver the products.
    prashanthuk365 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by usrnm_tkn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flowmaster9 View Post
    Mine seems to alternate between 'delivery' and 'shipping' - estimate. Oddly enough, on my computer it reads 'shipping', but when I access the play store through my iPhone 4's browser, it reads 'delivery'. I don't think it means anything.
    Check your language on Play Store.
    English (US) => Shipping
    English (UK) => Delivery
    flowmaster9 and Paulo82 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sidroid View Post
    Check your language on Play Store.
    English (US) => Shipping
    English (UK) => Delivery
    That's precisely what I figured

Assuming your memory is not "convenient" (as I only remember seeing 3-5 on all devices), we're on day 2 of 4.

And I am willing to bet this IS being handled by someone else... UPS Logistics. Palettes come into international UPS hub, where they're cleared through customs, then broken down and sent out to recipients. Doubt that a Google employee ever touches one.
    Strange, was told by 2 reps that the labels are printed at the Google warehouse to make them go faster and stuck on each box then handed over to UPS...which is it then

I would like to see how many people (est) from the states vs people (est) from canada have gotten their shipping information, if any!
    hhurtado1 likes this.

How is this unacceptable when you clicked on an "Add to Cart" button with the words "Delivered in 3-5 business days" directly above it, and we are on day 2?
    I expanded on why this is poor customer service here: Dana’s Mixed Bag If I were in charge, not only would I have sent an apology email to all of the buyers, I would have had any of the 50 people in the Executive level and Android level send thank-you emails to those who bought. WE are the ones validating their jobs, and if a company wants to set themselves apart, on a customer service level, they go out of their way to say "please" and "thank you".
    prashanthuk365 likes this.

Carrier
    Android 4.2

When anyone gets updates, please share your state/country location!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beaulne View Post
    I would like to see how many people (est) from the states vs people (est) from canada have gotten their shipping information, if any!

Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast