Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by rupes0610 View Post
    I am thinking that the orders may already be sent for those of us that haven't received a backorder email but the system is not caught up sending confirmation emails and tracking information. I've heard Google and UPS have had difficulties communicating. Hoping I am correct. Has anyone else gotten this impression?
    Yep that seems to be one of the things the CSR are saying. Its the one I'm hoping for. I really hoping to wake up tomorrow and open up a "shipped" email. Click that tracking link and it says "on truck for devilvery 11/16." But that's probably crazy
    Eric Mazariegos likes this.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by saundersadam View Post
    I hadn't received any order updates so I called google and the guy on the phone told me that if you haven't received a back order email by now then you are in the clear and a shipment email will come either tonight or by the morning. Sounds like good news. Hope he's right. The dude was very nice and said he didn't even get his order in. hilarious.
    +1

I held off calling for fear of getting nowhere fast but just now decided to call just in case...

The very nice rep told me that if I haven't received a backorder email by now then I'm fine! UPS is backed up and it may take until tomorrow morning for a shipping email to make it through.

A tiny ray of hope for the tons of people like me who ordered early yet are on status limbo with no idea what's going on.

All we can do is pray now...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    nickacs and qnet like this.

For those of us in limbo, i think (guess) that you can tell whether you are going to get a backorder email or a tracking number by looking to see if your credit card has the charge as "processing" or if it's been fully posted as a final charge.

I hope i'm wrong, mine says processing.

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupes0610 View Post
    I am thinking that the orders may already be sent for those of us that haven't received a backorder email but the system is not caught up sending confirmation emails and tracking information. I've heard Google and UPS have had difficulties communicating. It just doesn't make sense that users who ordered earlier are not getting emails while users who ordered later are. Hope I'm correct. Has anyone else gotten this impression?
    I sure hope this is the case... I'm ready to click the cancel button to both my orders by tomorrow morning if I get the dread "backordered" email. I'll take my money to TMobile and buy outright this weekend.. That'll save me the hassle and get my phone ASAP with NO glitches.. LOL!

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just got off the phone with a Google rep. He said if I had not received a backorder email yet then my order is in the clear. I should be getting a tracking email tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Also ,he said I should expect to receive my Nexus 4 on Monday or Tuesday at the extreme latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven79 View Post
    "In Canada (Toronto) here, received my UPS tracking information from Google @ 6:05pm.
    Ordered a 16GB Nexus 4 and 16GB Nexus 7 @ 11:47:35 AM EST on Tuesday."
    I ordered the exact same thing at the EXACT SAME TIME, and I'm told that I'm on backorder. What are they doing? a random drawing? This is beyond ridiculous.

I ordered at 11:37:33 AM EST and I got the back order email earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    +1

I held off calling for fear of getting nowhere fast but just now decided to call just in case...

The very nice rep told me that if I haven't received a backorder email by now then I'm fine! UPS is backed up and it may take until tomorrow morning for a shipping email to make it through.

A tiny ray of hope for the find of people like me who ordered early yet ate on status limbo. All we can do is pray now...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    At least the last couple people seem to be getting the same answer. I'm afraid to call because A) I might get an answer that'll make me sad and B) with all the different answer people have been getting id still be second guessing whatever they told me, good or bad.
    qnet likes this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trter10-2 View Post
    I'm very pleased with Google and UPS at this point.
    Attachment 46618
    So I am showing the same status, but I received the 3 week back order email. Did you as well?

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robotate View Post
    I hope i'm wrong, mine says processing.
    Mine says processing... But mine always says processing for up to a week after my Nexus 7s shipped so I'm not using that as a barometer. My bank is slow to update it but maybe yours isn't, dunno but I've had my Nexii in my hands days before it said " charged".

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Well, well...what a nice surprise my Nexus 4 is being delivered tomorrow. Didn't expect it until Monday. That sure made my evening.

New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?-erg54gg5.png

ROM
    Android 4.2

For those who have got backorder emails. Are you still showing shipping estimate for 11/15?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Does anyone know if UPS will leave the package under my carport, or will it require someone to be home and sign for it?

Decided to call them again just for the heck of it. Got the answer that most people seem to be getting now, that if I haven't received a backordered email that I am in the clear and should be receiving a shipping confirmation email. Know that they're not always correct (if ever), but I sure as heck hope that he was right.

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to call them again just for the heck of it. Got the answer that most people seem to be getting now, that if I haven't received a backordered email that I am in the clear and should be receiving a shipping confirmation email. Know that they're not always correct (if ever), but I sure as heck hope that he was right.
    Thanked by:
    Eric Mazariegos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hhurtado1 View Post
    For those who have got backorder emails. Are you still showing shipping estimate for 11/15?

Yes, and still listed as "pending" in google wallet
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by hhurtado1 View Post

Mine still does.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For what it's worth, when I ordered my Galaxy Nexus from the play store, the order stayed pending in Wallet right up until I got the shipping email.
    Thanked by 3:

Just called up Google support, and they told me that any order that was made on time (what is that supposed to mean?) should be good to go. He told me that although I have not received my tracking information yet I should get it tomorrow and the latest it should be delivered would be monday. Half of the stuff he said I couldn't understand though, he was talking so fast and seemed to be in a hurry or under a lot of pressure. I'm pretty sure he said that even Google doesn't know the shipping specifics since and all he could tell me was that if I received the receipt from Google Play I would be getting it. So theoretically since Google doesn't know exactly which orders have shipped yet, my precious Nexus 4 could have shipped today and might (unlikely though) get delivered by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by legec117 View Post
    Does anyone know if UPS will leave the package under my carport, or will it require someone to be home and sign for it?
    If you sign up for UPS MyChoice you can waive the signature requirement online.
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Someone has to sign for it.

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

ROM
    Android 4.2

Honestly, I am not upset about it being backordered or not. I just want to know.

Google - Can I please have an real ETA? I don't mind if it is 11/20 or 12/10, just give me a date.

Edit: A date that is accurate.
    nickacs likes this.

$40 is not worth it, if I miss it tomorrow, i can wait until Monday

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celliott96 View Post
    Just called up Google support, and they told me that any order that was made on time (what is that supposed to mean?) should be good to go. He told me that although I have not received my tracking information yet I should get it tomorrow and the latest it should be delivered would be monday. Half of the stuff he said I couldn't understand though, he was talking so fast and seemed to be in a hurry or under a lot of pressure. I'm pretty sure he said that even Google doesn't know the shipping specifics since and all he could tell me was that if I received the receipt from Google Play I would be getting it. So theoretically since Google doesn't know exactly which orders have shipped yet, my precious Nexus 4 could have shipped today and might (unlikely though) get delivered by tomorrow.
    Dunno, I don't believe it. IF the phone was truely already shipped, there would be a UPS Mychoice notification (oh you haven't signed up? you better!). Even if Google's tracking email is slow getting out, the UPS website confirm would not be. Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure. As soon as UPS gets the slightest wind of anything to your address, you'll be notified. Way ahead of Google's..

Quote Originally Posted by trter10-2 View Post
    I'm very pleased with Google and UPS at this point.
    Attachment 46618
    No way! How did you get that! Do you live near the warehouse? Or are you just super lucky? I would be smiling a rainbow right now if I saw that in my order summary.

You people who keep calling Google don't realize how annoying you are. Have a little patience. The reps clearly don't know what's going on and they're just saying things to get you guys off the phone. I could see people starting to call tomorrow if they haven't heard anything, but some of you have been calling for like two days now. Nothing better to do with your lives?
    gone down south likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I called UPS and asked this very question. The rep said he sees nothing that states a signature is required. UPS reps are in my experience spot on with their information. He did mention to me however that the driver can require a signature if he/she sees fit.
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839 ... LastLast