Page 37 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by legec117 View Post
    Does anyone know if UPS will leave the package under my carport, or will it require someone to be home and sign for it?
    I called UPS and asked this very question. The rep said he sees nothing that states a signature is required. UPS reps are in my experience spot on with their information. He did mention to me however that the driver can require a signature if he/she sees fit.
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by celliott96 View Post
    No way! How did you get that! Do you live near the warehouse? Or are you just super lucky? I would be smiling a rainbow right now if I saw that in my order summary.
    I live in NC. Probably just extremely lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

$40 is not worth it, if I miss it tomorrow, i can wait until Monday
    You don't have to pay $40. I'm pretty sure the free account lets you waive the signature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aireyc1 View Post
    Nothing better to do with your lives?
    yeah! get a life, guys! *f5*
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudscout View Post
    If you sign up for UPS MyChoice you can waive the signature requirement online.
    Or else what I did for my Nexus 7 was place a sticky note on my mailbox that said "Dear UPS delivery person, please leave the package ... (wherever you want them to leave it, I said on my back doorstep) since I will not be home to sign for it." Then put you signature nice and big underneath it. This worked great for me, and most UPS delivery workers will be more than happy to do it.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

nickacs likes this.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Dunno, I don't believe it. IF the phone was truely already shipped, there would be a UPS Mychoice notification (oh you haven't signed up? you better!). Even if Google's tracking email is slow getting out, the UPS website confirm would not be. Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure. As soon as UPS gets the slightest wind of anything to your address, you'll be notified. Way ahead of Google's..
    I signed up for that and haven't gotten notified by UPS... Darn it! For 5 minutes I was happy and now you go and ruin it. *cries*

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    nickacs likes this.

You people who keep calling Google don't realize how annoying you are. Have a little patience. The reps clearly don't know what's going on and they're just saying things to get you guys off the phone. I could see people starting to call tomorrow if they haven't heard anything, but some of you have been calling for like two days now. Nothing better to do with your lives?
    Yea if i don't have anything tomorrow evening i may be calling for the first time. Just to see if i can figure anything out. but for the people that are calling that's kinda what CSR are there for isn't it? I'm sure they hate answering the same question over and over tho

Still nothing here for me either way.
    I'm giving el goog a bit of a pass though because a couple years ago a CR-48 unexpectedly showed up at my door unannounced.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hhurtado1 View Post
    For those who have got backorder emails. Are you still showing shipping estimate for 11/15?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Yep got the back ordered email, but mine still shows a shipping estimate of 16 November.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jab0321 View Post
    Yep got the back ordered email, but mine still shows a shipping estimate of 16 November.
    16th november? dafuq?

I'm in Toronto. I ordered a 8GB around 11:24AM EST on Tuesday Nov 13th. My Google Wallet still says "pending" and my status in Google Play still says...

Nexus 4 (8GB)
    DEVICES
    November 13, 2012
    Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012

However, I just called Google Play support and the CSR said that the "Pending" state is also known as "Backordered" and will take up to 3 weeks to get to me but there is still a 50/50 chance my device will ship tomorrow. She also said that many who are actually "backordered" did not get the backorder email only because the system is playing catch up but they will eventually get it.

I was a big time Blackberry guy and recently decided to jump into the world of Android with the Nexus 4 but my first experience with Google has been horrible. That is very frustrating as that CSR basically told me that she had no idea what will happen with my order.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Well it's pretty late now. I'm not sure when some of us will hear anything, I guess sometime in the morning. I took off work tommorow just in case but, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get my devices until Monday or Tuesday. Just for the info, I ordered at 11:38AM EST in the U.S. in Georgia. I don't know if it's my location or what but, I never seem to be in the lucky first batch of orders, no matter how early I order. This all is very much like the N7 orders but, it seems that when you do get tracking info, everything happens fast after that.

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. It's just fun reading how other people's have shipped and hoping mine may be delivered tomorrow also.

ROM
    Android 4.2

November 16th? Was it always that date for you or did that change?

I got a backorder e-mail but I don't know what to believe anymore. I still have hopes of a tracking number hitting my mailbox tomorrow and I can't do UPS MyChoice because I shipped to work (commercial addresses can't use UPS MyChoice).

I hope that isn't the case. Check and see if the sale went through on your card. They actually charge it instead of just holding the money when it ships. On my account it was below other charges and it is now at the top because it changed from a temp hold to a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by rupes0610 View Post
    I ordered less than 9 minutes later and likely a few days difference in delivery. Crazy.

You people who keep calling Google don't realize how annoying you are. Have a little patience. The reps clearly don't know what's going on and they're just saying things to get you guys off the phone. I could see people starting to call tomorrow if they haven't heard anything, but some of you have been calling for like two days now. Nothing better to do with your lives?
    I haven't called, but I also don't see anything wrong with calling based on the haphazard situation Google themselves has created. Ninety-five percent of this could have been avoided with as little as an email stating they're having problems and asking people to be patient while they sort it out. That's called Customer Service and it's not too much to expect a minimum level of that. Instead I've not heard one word from them.

So does anyone know if Google paid for saturday delivery? Hopefully they did.. I would much rather get it on saturday and have the weekend to play with it than get it on monday.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by celliott96 View Post
    So does anyone know if Google paid for saturday delivery? Hopefully they did.. I would much rather get it on saturday and have the weekend to play with it than get it on monday.
    Are you kidding? there are people who are worried about their orders.... yours got shipped and you want it on saturday? nice dude...
    nickacs likes this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hhurtado1 View Post
    November 16th? Was it always that date for you or did that change?

I got a backorder e-mail but I don't know what to believe anymore. I still have hopes of a tracking number hitting my mailbox tomorrow and I can't do UPS MyChoice because I shipped to work (commercial addresses can't use UPS MyChoice).
    I believe when I first ordered it, the estimated shipping date was on the 15th. I think it changed to the 16th sometime today. Still pending in Wallet as well.
    hhurtado1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    I hope that isn't the case. Check and see if the sale went through on your card. They actually charge it instead of just holding the money when it ships. On my account it was below other charges and it is now at the top because it changed from a temp hold to a charge.
    There are 2 $1 pending charges and a pending charge for $388.67 above those. Mean anything?

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prashanthuk365 View Post
    16th november? dafuq?
    Yes, 16 November. I'm not sure what you are dafuqing about?

Didn't have to sign for the Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 7. Depends on the UPS driver where they leave it.

Does anyone know if UPS will leave the package under my carport, or will it require someone to be home and sign for it?

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Atleast yours changed to 16th novemeber... myn is still estimated to ship 15th... and its 10 pm est ... thats wat i meant
    jab0321 likes this.

only optimism i have from this situation is that when i ordered my nexus 7 during the summer my charge on my card was pending and i did not get the shipping conformation email until the day i received my tablet which was 5 days later. fingers crossed that this will be a similar situation.
    rupes0610 likes this.

ROM
    Android 4.2

I am pretty sure he is "dafuqing" the first time hearing anyone say they have an 11/16 exp ship date.

Thanked by 2:
    prashanthuk365 likes this.
Page 37 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast