New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

RonWeez

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i just called google right back for the hell of it to see if i got 2 different answers and surprisingly i didnt. this rep told me the same exact thing the last rep told me, that if i had not gotten a backorder email yet that i should be fine that UPS/Google is really backed up. but she did say to keep and eye out for my email because it is not out of the question that i could receive the back order notice

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
8:34 am PST. Will be delivered tomorrow.

I ordered mine at 10:42:57AM CT and have yet to recieve any shipping info or a tracking number. Ordered 16GB Nexus 4 no bumper. Google Wallet says it is still pending. I called and a Google rep said it is going to ship sometime today or tomorrow and may have already shipped. Their system is just overloaded right now so emails are coming out randomly. What is the earliest time that anyone placed an order?

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
i just called google right back for the hell of it to see if i got 2 different answers and surprisingly i didnt. this rep told me the same exact thing the last rep told me, that if i had not gotten a backorder email yet that i should be fine that UPS/Google is really backed up. but she did say to keep and eye out for my email because it is not out of the question that i could receive the back order notice
LOL why didn't she just say "we don't know."

therealmatt84

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got an update to my shipping information. I will be getting my Nexus 4 tomorrow! It was originally scheduled to be delivered Monday but will be going out early tomorrow.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I order my N4 16gb at 11:46 and I got my UPS notification at 4am EST. The package is already at NY by 5pm.... but according to UPS im expect to receive it on Monday. Guess my N4 will stay over at UPS facility over the weekend.

I ordered at the exact same time as you! One Nexus 4, no bumper, no duplicate orders. In NY too yet I'm in limbo. No backorder email. No delivery email. No status update. Nothing.

WTF?!? This is so beyond screwed. :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why hasn't Google released something which answers all of these questions, and saves them from having people call them?
Because they would have to write a tiny little bit of code that would randomize the answers... To best mimic the CSR "experience." ;)

Michael

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered at the exact same time as you! One Nexus 4, no bumper, no duplicate orders. In NY too yet I'm in limbo. No backorder email. No delivery email. No status update. Nothing.

WTF?!? This is so beyond screwed. :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7

It is very frustrating!

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
For those that ordered multiple phones on separate orders (I ordered two accidentally) did you receive multiple backordered emails? I ordered 1 about 10 minutes after the sale started, then another about an hour later. I got 1 backorder email today, and nothing else. So I don't know if both are backordered or one is still in limbo. Does the backorder email cover both orders?
I'm in the exact same situation. Two orders (one 8GB, one 16GB) about 20 minutes apart from each other and one back-order e-mail. CSR couldn't tell me if both or just one was backordered but to wait until Friday to see if I get a tracking number :-\

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's six pm here in LA and I haven't received any email ie I am in limbo.

But I don't think I'll get a backorder emai because I was relatively early on the order, 8:37 PST.

saundersadam

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't received any order updates so I called google and the guy on the phone told me that if you haven't received a back order email by now then you are in the clear and a shipment email will come either tonight or by the morning. Sounds like good news. Hope he's right. The dude was very nice and said he didn't even get his order in. hilarious.

rupes0610

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking that the orders may already be sent for those of us that haven't received a backorder email but the system is not caught up sending confirmation emails and tracking information. I've heard Google and UPS have had difficulties communicating. It just doesn't make sense that users who ordered earlier are not getting emails while users who ordered later are. Hope I'm correct. Has anyone else gotten this impression?

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
See the thing is that some people say that if you haven't gotten an email regarding backorders yet then you will inevitably get one soon. But then others like you say that we're in the clear... GOOGLE Y U SO CONFUSE

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking that the orders may already be sent for those of us that haven't received a backorder email but the system is not caught up sending confirmation emails and tracking information. I've heard Google and UPS have had difficulties communicating. Hoping I am correct. Has anyone else gotten this impression?
Yep that seems to be one of the things the CSR are saying. Its the one I'm hoping for. I really hoping to wake up tomorrow and open up a "shipped" email. Click that tracking link and it says "on truck for devilvery 11/16." But that's probably crazy

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't received any order updates so I called google and the guy on the phone told me that if you haven't received a back order email by now then you are in the clear and a shipment email will come either tonight or by the morning. Sounds like good news. Hope he's right. The dude was very nice and said he didn't even get his order in. hilarious.

+1

I held off calling for fear of getting nowhere fast but just now decided to call just in case...

The very nice rep told me that if I haven't received a backorder email by now then I'm fine! UPS is backed up and it may take until tomorrow morning for a shipping email to make it through.

A tiny ray of hope for the tons of people like me who ordered early yet are on status limbo with no idea what's going on.

All we can do is pray now...

Sent from my Nexus 7

robotate

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For those of us in limbo, i think (guess) that you can tell whether you are going to get a backorder email or a tracking number by looking to see if your credit card has the charge as "processing" or if it's been fully posted as a final charge.

I hope i'm wrong, mine says processing.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking that the orders may already be sent for those of us that haven't received a backorder email but the system is not caught up sending confirmation emails and tracking information. I've heard Google and UPS have had difficulties communicating. It just doesn't make sense that users who ordered earlier are not getting emails while users who ordered later are. Hope I'm correct. Has anyone else gotten this impression?
I sure hope this is the case... I'm ready to click the cancel button to both my orders by tomorrow morning if I get the dread "backordered" email. I'll take my money to TMobile and buy outright this weekend.. That'll save me the hassle and get my phone ASAP with NO glitches.. LOL!

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Google rep. He said if I had not received a backorder email yet then my order is in the clear. I should be getting a tracking email tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Also ,he said I should expect to receive my Nexus 4 on Monday or Tuesday at the extreme latest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03