Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay II View Post
    I checked the same thing a moment ago, and while true, it is after when UPS/FedEx accept shipments, so technically it is the next day.
    well the only thing that may make me doubt that, is that I checked my GNex order from June and noticed that the pickup email was sent to me at around 11pm the next day. SO maybe there's hope? I DID successfully cancel all my orders except for the one Nexus 4 I need so I'm hoping that maybe they see that and ship out what is there.

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    well the only thing that may make me doubt that, is that I checked my GNex order from June and noticed that the pickup email was sent to me at around 11pm the next day. SO maybe there's hope? I DID successfully cancel all my orders except for the one Nexus 4 I need so I'm hoping that maybe they see that and ship out what is there.
    I'm going with Monday, and anything better would be a win. I won't get my hopes up, especially since I scored a phone. I can wait an additional 48 hours or so.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

waiting...
    Last edited by prashanthuk365; 11-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Default New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    They don't ship from mountain view. They ship from a warehouse in Kentucky
    Where in KY? I'm in Georgetown, maybe I'll just go pick mine up! LOL

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
    mitchstehlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prashanthuk365 View Post
    We were made the scape goats by google. Google, please realize that even though you sell your products for a low price, customer service matters the most. This is not the way i expected things to happen. Paid 17$ for a 7 day shipping? At least have the courtesy to send a confirmation email that you have received the order and its in process. This pending status sucks big time, i doubt if its processed or its still pending, my cc has been charged. Damn... first time i ordered something from playstore, and it turns out to be a miserable experience. I waited for 20 mins to get the iphone, but enjoyed everybit of standing in the line, it was definitely not like this wait where i am not sure if i will see light at the end of the tunnel.
    couldn't disagree with you more. $13 for shipping is not bad and it specifically told you 3-5 business days. Next you'll start complaining that Sunday should be a business day because they are so busy. Settle down - it'll be ok. It's a phone.

Still pending and waiting for it to ship to receive tracking number Looks like I'll be getting it early next week

New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?-n4.jpg
    I would take this to mean mine isn't estimated to even leave Google until tomorrow, Nov. 15th. If correct that means I won't get it until Monday earliest. Only chance I have of getting it Friday or Saturday is if it ships today...

Default New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by boparunsxc View Post
    It would be cool to see a live view of Google's warehouse to see if they're actually doing anything with the N4's or just sitting around playing Galaga... (yes, I know they work hard at Google, I'm just a little frazzled like everyone else waiting for shipping notifications)
    Let's hope they're not like those ***** walmart employees and throwing our Nexus 4s around the back room! Haha

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgiusto View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N4.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	46328
    I would take this to mean mine isn't estimated to even leave Google until tomorrow, Nov. 15th. If correct that means I won't get it until Monday earliest. Only chance I have of getting it Friday or Saturday is if it ships today...
    yes what a crummy way to say, 'two-day shipping'.

Hmm. Seeing the difference between our "Completed' ones and mgiusto's estimated shipping date ones, I wonder if the very first orders actually shipped but the tracking info not released yet...

Quote Originally Posted by aaridici View Post
    Hmm. Seeing the difference between our "Completed' ones and mgiusto's estimated shipping date ones, I wonder if the very first orders actually shipped but the tracking info not released yet...
    considering the "Notify Me" email never went out, I wouldn't bet that the shipping emails go out late. A lot of companies send out those emails much later in the day anyway.

I agree with you. Most of the companies send the "shipped" emails out late. That's actually not a bad thing because usually the tracking numbers don't work for the first 8 hours or so. They prevent you from refreshing the tracking page 1000+ per hour Again, of course, I might just be too hopeful to think that they already shipped the first batch. I am not sure why this shipping thing is such an obsession. I guess shopping online (which I prefer and like) lacks the satisfying feeling that comes with a product in hand.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree with you. Most of the companies send the "shipped" emails out late. That's actually not a bad thing because usually the tracking numbers don't work for the first 8 hours or so. They prevent you from refreshing the tracking page 1000+ per hour Again, of course, I might just be too hopeful to think that they already shipped the first batch. I am not sure why this shipping thing is such an obsession. I guess shopping online (which I prefer and like) lacks the satisfying feeling that comes with a product in hand.
    What do you exactly mean by the first batch? US, UK or Australia? I placed the order at 11.42 am est, and status still shows pending... i don't even have complete.

I mean they might have partitioned the stocks. For example, the first 10,000 phones in the US could be a separate batch that got shipped. I have noticed that what the people who see "completed" under status column have in common is that they ordered shortly after 11:30. Maybe the first XXX number of phones sold in 5 minutes or 10 minutes. It would make sense if the Google has organized the shipments. The number of trucks they had available might have been an issue. They might have filled the first party of trucks and labelled those orders as "completed" and that may be why the rest are pending.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay II View Post
    considering the "Notify Me" email never went out, I wouldn't bet that the shipping emails go out late. A lot of companies send out those emails much later in the day anyway.
    Here's a quote from the email I got from Google confirming my order: "Order date: Nov 13, 2012 11:35:14 AM EST"
    I would think I had to be in that initial batch of "first to order". I had the Auto Refresh Plus extension in Chrome running and as soon as I saw the [Add to Cart] button appear I was on that like white on rice...

I just want it to ship already! Still pending with an estimated ship date of Nov. 15th

Exactly what I was thinking of. This provides support for my argument saying that people who see "Confirmed" are the ones who got the phone approximately before 11:40 EST. Of course we would need feedback from a lot more people to definitely solve this mystery.

Hopefully me too. I was about 45 seconds later than yours. Had to add to cart three times and cancel the payment window once but then everything went smoothly.

EDIT: Order time was 11:36:33 EST.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

They will more than likely ship tomorrow and be delivered on Monday.

Exactly what I was thinking of. This provides support for my argument saying that people who see "Confirmed" are the ones who got the phone approximately before 11:40 EST. Of course we would need feedback from a lot more people to definitely solve this mystery.
    I was 11:35AM EST and mine still says "Pending" and expected shipment date of November 15th

Just to clarify, there are two statuses, one in Google Play:
    New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?-n4.jpg

and another in Google Wallet:
    New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?-pending_wallet.jpg

I'm hoping Google waives shipping charges or gives us Google Play store credit for this fiasco. $14 to ship a phone is pretty ridiculous. Every mobile retailer ships their devices free.

Got off the phone with the PlayStore a little bit ago. The lady told me it take 1-2 days to charge your payment method and then 2 days for shipping. She said since I ordered my Nexus 4 on Tuesday, the latest my phone would be shipped is Thursday. Therefore Monday is the most likely expected arrival date, because UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

Sucks I know but at least we got a phone on this go-round!

I got mine in at 11:32:59 AM EST and I still have my order under pending (estimated ship: 15 Nov)

Same here.. I ordered mine at 11:33 EST AM and my google wallet shows as it approved my payment and play account shows estimated shipping Nov 15..

Quote Originally Posted by iboost79#AC View Post
    I'm hoping Google waives shipping charges or gives us Google Play store credit for this fiasco. $14 to ship a phone is pretty ridiculous. Every mobile retailer ships their devices free.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but why is this a 'fiasco'? It is not like we all ordered it and then they charged us shipping. We agreed to it when we bought it. Same with the 3-5 day delivery window. I get people want it earlier, but how is this a fiasco?
    Thanked by:
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast