New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, my first order at 8:36 PST was cancelled because BofA flagged it. I had to immediately try to order again and barely got it before the "Notify Me" screen showed up again. 15 minutes isn't that much of a difference. I would think because I'm on the WestCoast, my stock location may be different than your stock location.
No i know its not a big difference and I understand everything can't work like that but like was said before. it feels like i had my phone and then when i checked out someone took it from me and handed it to someone who'd just got there. haha. In all honesty I'm willing to wait "up to 3 weeks" i just wanna know something. If its gonna be 3 weeks ill just pay for another month of virgin mobile but i don't wanna spend $40 on that and then my phone shows up in a week

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I lol'd :D

Apparently not if you order from Google! :thumbdown:

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes... Google dream is a bad dream, dreadful... Maybe they should have a page during the shipping process.. "Beware of Google shopping and shipping, products may arrive, be back ordered or get destroyed by aliens in the transit at our server's discretion. Do you agree to the condition? "

illmatic41

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No i know its not a big difference and I understand everything can't work like that but like was said before. it feels like i had my phone and then when i checked out someone took it from me and handed it to someone who'd just got there. haha. In all honesty I'm willing to wait "up to 3 weeks" i just wanna know something. If its gonna be 3 weeks ill just pay for another month of virgin mobile but i don't wanna spend $40 on that and then my phone shows up in a week

I think the biggest problem here is that Google decided to promise to ship on the 15th in everyone's play store orders(Mine has now changed to "shipped"). They should have listed their full five days from the 3-5 days processing claim and put the 19th(not couting the weekend dates). Hold tight, people should be getting more shipping notices today if I received mine today.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
They should have just done a lottery for this and it would have caused greater excitement and fewer disappointments. at least by signaling it as a "lottery" you don't get your hopes up as much as a preorder or mass ordering. Anyway, I'm not in google marketing, so whatever.
why they didn't call it a lottery it appears to have been. What they should have done is have some way to earmark phones as orders came in. So that while they might not have shipped the first received orders first, at least we wouldn't be sitting here watching people who ordered after us getting there phones and we have nothing but a bunch of pending trasactions

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

I've got the same situation; I have to pay for another month of Virgin Mobile service. At least I got the Android 4.2 update on my Nexus! My wife & I are both leaving Virgin Mobile. She's taking the Nexus I just bought used and signing up with Straight Talk, and I'm going to T-Mobile on the Nexus 4. In spite of how great the Optimus V became thanks to dedicated devs, we're both getting serious upgrades. Here's to hoping the wait is < 3 weeks!

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the biggest problem here is that Google decided to promise to ship on the 15th in everyone's play store orders(Mine has now changed to "shipped"). They should have listed their full five days from the 3-5 days processing claim and put the 19th(not couting the weekend dates). Hold tight, people should be getting more shipping notices today if I received mine today.
Yea that's why i haven't called CS yet I'm wait till the 5th business day and if i haven't heard anything then I'm going to call and try to figure something out.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Most funniest auto reply i've ever received from any online shopping....
I sent an email " I've ordered an iphone 5 from apple yesterday, does Google have any idea when it's going to be shipped?"
I get a reply " As per our records you should be getting it before the evening of november 15th." For the heck of it November 15th is gone, please change your autoreply date and i mentioned about apple god damn it. oh... wait did you mention 2013?
I seriously don't understand this whole point of support and customer service.

JaxChris

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thursday is one of the largest holidays of the year. Ain't no shipping done then or deliveries!

Friday is one of the largest shopping day of the year along with one of the busiest online ordering/shipping days of the year...

If we don't get our delivery by Wed night we're probably screwed until nearly Dec! :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ok, nothing on Thanksgiving, but air packages are still delivered on Black Friday.

Page 49 is mine.

Stajdanley

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, just a heads up for some of you guys that have more than one phone or tablet ordered, and have received shipping confirmation for ONLY ONE of the devices. Look at the bottom of the page of the UPS tracking information and there is a row that says "TOTAL PACKAGES IN THIS SHIPMENT". Mine says 3 (I ordered 3 phones), but I only got confirmation that one of my devices shipped. I am so effing relieved... (I just got another shipping confirmation email as I was typing this). I had never noticed that bottom row on the shipping information... I have been stressing over nothing.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey, just a heads up for some of you guys that have more than one phone or tablet ordered, and have received shipping confirmation for ONLY ONE of the devices. Look at the bottom of the page of the UPS tracking information and there is a row that says "TOTAL PACKAGES IN THIS SHIPMENT". Mine says 3 (I ordered 3 phones), but I only got confirmation that one of my devices shipped. I am so effing relieved... (I just got another shipping confirmation email as I was typing this). I had never noticed that bottom row on the shipping information... I have been stressing over nothing.

i do not like you.

A JOKE!

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Good for you bro.... Anyways this is just atrocious.. i've just order one f**king phone and nothing else on the play store at 11.38 am ... i think i need to go to meditation classes for a week to control my anger...calm down...:)

trent25

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just got a shipping confirmation at 10:10AM EST.
I had heard nothing beyond order confirmation on tuesday.
UPS only shows label created yesterday 15th, they don't have it yet, and estimated delivery is Monday.
My play store account and wallet reflected the change immediately. I had checked less than 30minutes ago and they were still pending shipment.

So maybe there is a new wave of updates.

1x 16GB N4. To Philadelphia, PA. I hadn't bothered calling or emailing customer support.

There is still hope for everyone out there ! :)

Cloudscout#WN

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still no change in my status on Play or Wallet. My order was placed at 10:44:35 CST. Still says November 15th on Play Store.

I just sent an email to Google but I don't expect any kind of useful response.

This is becoming a trend for me. I am stuck in limbo for the ASUS Taichi 21 I pre-ordered a month ago that was supposed to ship on October 26th and now nobody can provide any estimates as to when they will be available.

kevhonda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Been reading this thread since the first couple pages and per usual Google screws the people who actually got their orders in the first 10 min. After N7 catastrophe and now N4 this will be my last launch day purchase. My biggest concern now is that the hardware is legit and not like the first 2 N7s were for me (left side of screen about 1/8" above bezel) I can only predict there will be hardware issues (for me at least).

robotate

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
2 different orders, no nothing from Google or ups. This morning I find out the charge has been removed from my account. Not looking good.

Has anyone seen the charge disappear from their account and still gotten shipping info?

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Lets hope there won't be hardware issues this time around. The expected - unannounced - sales numbers are much higher as than N7. My N4 is out for delivery for the last 4 hours and I would very much like to keep it and not deal with returns/exchanges due to hardware.