Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 69707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3330
Like Tree1013Likes

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hoffman View Post
    I havent gotten tracking info, but was told my order has shipped. It wouldnt let me cancel the order because it has been shipped apparently. I think that theyre just too far behind to update everyone right away. Could get the phone before the tracking info
    I wanna try cancelling, to see if I get that alert that I can't due to shipment... but I don't necessarily want to cancel the order yet in case it allows me to lol.

Default Re: New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Quote Originally Posted by slowman View Post
    I wanna try cancelling, to see if I get that alert that I can't due to shipment... but I don't necessarily want to cancel the order yet in case it allows me to lol.
    Exact same thing I want to do but I'm scared to be the guinea pig in this situation lol.
    slowman likes this.

I cancelled less than an hour after I originally placed my order on the 13th and I got that exact same message (even though I'm backordered now), you have to email support with your order # if you actually want to cancel. So I don't think that "can't cancel" message really means anything.

Also, I managed to make a backup copy of the spreadsheet just as it died, so I re-shared it (fully editable):

Non-link URL for unregistered users:

docs DOT google DOT com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmguFoZ1E3KndDFIY0dXNy1OVG1xbkpRZ3duQy1KT1E

And here's the graph that shows backorders seem to have started just before 8:55:

Last edited by aricblunk; 11-17-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Ahhhhhhh just saw that Nexus commercial. RAGE!

Understandable. I had assumed i was getting the backorder email, and im going off an unlocked sidekick right now so i had lost faith and was gonna buy my old phone back, but the cancellation didnt go through, and the email i got said that the phone is already been shipped, and the only way to get a refund is to refuse the package, or return it when it arrives. So Im guessing mines on its way saturday, or monday

Quote Originally Posted by slowman View Post
    Ahhhhhhh just saw that Nexus commercial. RAGE!
    I asked google anything...I asked "when will I get my nexus 4"...it responded with "LAWL YOU JUST GOT RICK ROLLED BY GOOGLE"....fml
    slowman likes this.

A few people i know that ordered it cancelled successfully through the website. I even called them a couple times and got the same answer, so im holding onto hope

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just after 1:30 am EST and no love from Google...

just canceled my order and this is what i got.

Thanks for contacting Google Play regarding cancellation of your order. All orders are processed directly after your purchase is complete. As a result, this means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to shipping.

Although we attempted to honor your request, we were unable to cancel your order in this window. There are a couple of options now:

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If you (or a known acquaintance) are able to access the shipping address, your package is scheduled to arrive there. If you no longer want the package, you can refuse the unopened package from the shipper and Google will issue you a refund. You can read the instructions for refusing delivery for your location below.

In the U.S. and Canada:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions below). If your device has been delivered, you may still be able to refund delivery of unopened packages within 5 days of delivery. To do so, contact our shipper directly to schedule a pick up of your package. Make sure to let them know that the pickup is specifically because you're refusing delivery. If your device was delivered more than 5 days ago, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at:

So I called up Google to cancel the order and was told that they could not do so because we only have 1hr after placing an order to cancel it. I told her what I thought about Google and their services in a none professional manner and hung up.
    I then tried to cancel online and got the below email.

Thanks for contacting Google Play regarding cancellation of your order. All orders are processed directly after your purchase is complete. As a result, this means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to shipping.

Although we attempted to honor your request, we were unable to cancel your order in this window. There are a couple of options now:

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If you (or a known acquaintance) are able to access the shipping address, your package is scheduled to arrive there. If you no longer want the package, you can refuse the unopened package from the shipper and Google will issue you a refund. You can read the instructions for refusing delivery for your location below.

In the U.S. and Canada:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions below). If your device has been delivered, you may still be able to refund delivery of unopened packages within 5 days of delivery. To do so, contact our shipper directly to schedule a pick up of your package. Make sure to let them know that the pickup is specifically because you're refusing delivery. If your device was delivered more than 5 days ago, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at:

In the UK and Australia:

If your device has not yet been delivered, it is en route, and you may be able to REFUSE DELIVERY (see instructions at bottom of this message). If your device has been delivered, but you would like to return it, please follow the returns process posted at:

REFUSE DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANT: Don't open the package. Our shipper will not allow refusal of delivery for opened packages. Leave a prominent note on the door to let our shipping provider know that you're refusing delivery of the package. In some cases our shipping provider has returned packages if their drivers see a note for refusal of delivery. The note should include the following:

- Refuse delivery
    - Return to Sender
    - Include signature
    - Include tracking #

If your package is returned due to refusal of delivery, your order will be cancelled and refunded within 2 weeks.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS-

If your device is being shipped to an address you cannot access, please reply to this email and we will work on trying to contact the shipper about the change of address. We cannot guarantee that we can stop shipment for your order.
    Last edited by cole2kb; 11-17-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: profanity

thats the same email i got, when the people i know cancelled online, about 5 minutes before i tried this morning, theres was cancelled successfully, and there refund will be back on their card in a couple of days? this whole process is taking years off my life

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You know whats messed up? My Wii U Pro Controller from Gamestop shipped today and latest activity is origin scan in Louisville, KY...... same place my Nexus should be departing soon

Louisville KY is the national hub for UPS, basically UPS HQ / largest warehouse for US/Canada. It's their "Worldport/Air hub" where all their out of country stuff is brought into to be distributed out to everywhere.
    Thanked by:
    xeno3d 

Even when someone on craigslist is going to screw you over they let you know. I buy something on ebay or amazon sellers they communicate and let you know whats going on. Why cant a billion $ company get this simple issue right after practice with the Nexus 7? This freaking blows my mind away!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xeno3d View Post
    You know whats messed up? My Wii U Pro Controller from Gamestop shipped today and latest activity is origin scan in Louisville, KY...... same place my Nexus should be departing soon
    Last edited by Jefferson Ettienne; 11-20-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Just called google to see if I can get an update... I know it's hit or miss with the CSR's but this guy seemed like he was honest... take it like a grain of salt.. He basically said that there is no way he can check if my account is back ordered or not, so it's really up to me to check my email and find out.. (No Backorder email by the way).. He admitted they're pretty much powerless, and that the same thing we see on wallet is what they see.. So anyway.. he said if I haven't received any email then I should expect to get a tracking # and get charged on my bank acc. by monday or tuesday at the latest... He said there will be no more tracking numbers from google going out tonight or thru the weekend. They will begin to send out the tracking numbers to the people that are still in limbo land starting monday and then onto tuesday... So that's pretty much it... At least now I can turn off my laptop, give the F5 key a break, and enjoy my weekend! ... I'll try to forget about this whole nightmare and enjoy life this weekend and I'll hit it again on monday morning!... Good luck to all of you and see you monday!...

The spreadsheet is fixed. Thanks to everybody who helped. Help yourself:

And please refrain from sabotaging it, we're trying to collect data here. (I'll just assume that the previous "sabotage" was an good-faith but ultimately harmful attempt at future-proofing the list.)

Since we're on a new page, here's a link to my fixed copy of the N4 order Google Spreadsheet. Feel free to add yourself to the list to help figure out what's going on.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the original version is back in the post above, this can be a backup copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkid69 View Post
    Just called google to see if I can get an update... I know it's hit or miss with the CSR's but this guy seemed like he was honest... take it like a grain of salt.. He basically said that there is no way he can check if my account is back ordered or not, so it's really up to me to check my email and find out.. (No Backorder email by the way).. He admitted they're pretty much powerless, and that the same thing we see on wallet is what they see.. So anyway.. he said if I haven't received any email then I should expect to get a tracking # and get charged on my bank acc. by monday or tuesday at the latest... He said there will be no more tracking numbers from google going out tonight or thru the weekend. They will begin to send out the tracking numbers to the people that are still in limbo land starting monday and then onto tuesday... So that's pretty much it... At least now I can turn off my laptop, give the F5 key a break, and enjoy my weekend! ... I'll try to forget about this whole nightmare and enjoy life this weekend and I'll hit it again on monday morning!... Good luck to all of you and see you monday!...
    Thank you for that update, great to know. Now off to enjoy my Sat and Sunday.

Got a email from Google with an update.

I wanted to update you on the status of your order.

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, we are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way.

So I guess thats a back order even though I placed it fairly early.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
    Google sent an email to your Gmail account and the spam filter smacked it? Why does that not sound right?
    Sounds exactly 100% right. After this debacle, Google getting something right would actually be refreshing.

Default New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

:27 and still limbo

My Google play still says "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012" and its the 17th

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Whoever protected a cell in the spreadsheet needs to unprotect it now. It's not letting us sort the entire thing

Quote Originally Posted by classicdom View Post
    Whoever protected a cell in the spreadsheet needs to unprotect it now. It's not letting us sort the entire thing
    And why mine posted 3 times I have no idea. I noticed some others did too

Just thought I would add this update. First, the facts:

Ordered - Two 16GB Nexus 4's, no bumpers
    Time - 08:35:22 PST (11:35:22 EST)
    Google Play My Account Status - "Complete" from the first time I looked, about 20-30 minutes after placing my order
    Google Wallet Status - Pending
    Confirmation email - NO
    Shipping email - NO
    Back order email - NO
    Location - CT
    Limbo status - YES

I called customer service Tuesday afternoon to express concern over not receiving the confirmation email and was told my order was in the system and not to worry about the missing email.

Called again Friday at 3:00 AM (yes, AM) and was told that I would probably have shipping confirmation by the end of the day. Of course, I did not. Feeling a bit pissy when I got home from work, I fired off this comment in reply to the email CS sent me after the 3:00 AM call:

Well, Morgan, here it is Friday evening and I still have nothing.

My order would have been one of the first entered in the US @ 11:35:22 AM EST and apparently it will be one of the last to ship or - more likely at this point - it will be backordered.

I want you and your supervisors and everyone at Google to know that I am disgusted and furious. There is no way to justify Google's handling of this affair and no way to justify the fact that my very early order has been bypassed by hundreds or thousands of later orders.

I defy you to find a way to make this right.
    Received this reply about 9 hours later:

I apologize for the delayed response. Because of the massive number of orders for the Nexus 4, we are a little backlogged. We are working as fast as we can to get these orders out, and you should be getting your tracking number soon. It is still within the 5 business day window that we have for orders, and a tracking number should be sent out by Monday.

I apologize for the frustration this has caused.I apologize for the delayed response. Because of the massive number of orders for the Nexus 4, we are a little backlogged. We are working as fast as we can to get these orders out, and you should be getting your tracking number soon. It is still within the 5 business day window that we have for orders, and a tracking number should be sent out by Monday.

I apologize for the frustration this has caused.
    I would point out, by the way, that in earlier emails they state, "Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing. "
    celliott96 likes this.
Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 69707172737475 ... LastLast