New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They don't ship from mountain view. They ship from a warehouse in Kentucky

This would make sense, when I ordered my Nexus 7 at launch it shipped from a warehouse located less than 1.5 miles from my house. They have a Distrubution point located in or near UPS's Worldport facility located at the Louisville airport. I was not sure if the N4 would be coming from the same location but if it does my delivery time will only be 1 day as it just gets loaded on a truck for delivery. My Nexus 7 arrived virtually within a few hours of my purchase. Now if they would only let me walk over to their facility and pick it up lol.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
This would make sense, when I ordered my Nexus 7 at launch it shipped from a warehouse located less than 1.5 miles from my house. They have a Distrubution point located in or near UPS's Worldport facility located at the Louisville airport. I was not sure if the N4 would be coming from the same location but if it does my delivery time will only be 1 day as it just gets loaded on a truck for delivery. My Nexus 7 arrived virtually within a few hours of my purchase. Now if they would only let me walk over to their facility and pick it up lol.

why don't you help the community here by checking out with the warehouse staff (if you are just 1.5 miles away) about the shipping estimate?? lol jk... it would be great if they share any info with you...:p

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As per my confirmation/receipt email:

Google Canada Corp.
10 Dundas Street East, Suite 600
Toronto
ON M5B 2G9

Hey thanks man but that's what I thought also but I did confirm with a friend from downtown Toronto that building is simply their Canadian sector (HQ if you want to call it). Nothing near a warehouse in that location or within many miles of it since it is in the heart of downtown Toronto.

I'm hoping the warehouse is somewhere else in the middle of Canada as the warehouse for google is in Kentucky and their HQ is located in California.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
why don't you help the community here by checking out with the warehouse staff (if you are just 1.5 miles away) about the shipping estimate?? lol jk... it would be great if they share any info with you...:p

I wish I could, if there was anyway to get in there I would have already been there lol. I bet the security around there is better than around Fort Knox 20 minutes south of the airport.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As per my confirmation/receipt email:

Google Canada Corp.
10 Dundas Street East, Suite 600
Toronto
ON M5B 2G9

Sorry dude but any company with a warehouse in the heart of the city is silly and over paying.

Edit: would be nice to know that their warehouse is somewhere close to the GTA.

Though it would not surprise me if ours are coming from Kentucky.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to a CSR rep at Google play this morning, said I should have my device by Tuesday Evening latest, but most likely Tuesday.

Woodbridge, Ontario. Take it with a grain of salt.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I had two separate orders placed accidentally due to the awful cart system. Got an email last night inquiring about multiple orders and informing that if I didn't cancel within 24 hours they'd ship. Well, where is the "go ahead and ship them NOW" option?? Called up support to ask them to combine-- no go. Asked when expected them to ship. Couldn't tell me anything. Obviously they weren't going to clear the orders as OK and expedite shipping. Seems like they are sitting on ALL orders for AT LEAST 24 hours before doing any shipping. I can't remember ever getting worse help or less information when ordering something online. I am in KY but fully expect arrival no sooner than Monday.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I received same email late last night.

"We would like to confirm that you intended to place all of these orders before processing occurs. If it was not your intention and this is an error, we have three easy ways for you to cancel any unwanted orders. Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped."

I ordered 2 because I didn't get confirmation page or confirmation email and I didn't want to miss out. Wonder if this will mean a delay for mine or if everyone is in same boat and they will all ship late tonight or tomorrow.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I looked up my Nexus 7 emails and when it shipped, they sent a note with the tracking number in it, so I'm not even going to bother looking at the site or my account. When it rolls out, it rolls out. I should order my Straight Talk SIM now, though.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just for reference here was the tracking data for my N7 shipped from Louisville, KY and delivered to Louisville, KY about a mile and a half away from the airport.

4:10 P.M. Delivered
3:26 A.M. Out For Delivery
Louisville, KY, United States 10:12 P.M. Arrival Scan
10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
12:39 P.M. Origin Scan

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Grrr, I'm in quite a pickle, I put my Gnex up for sale on eBay and it closed earlier today and I'll have to ship out by tomorrow the latest, but now I won't have a phone until the Nexus 4 shows up. I totally played this one too close. Arggggh! I did get $249 for my Gnex so that makes the upgrade to the Nexus 4 $100 or so (taxes and shipping) so not a bad deal. :)

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Tuesday? Great, one week shipping. Google is on the ball.

If it takes a week to get to me from Woodbridge that is absurd. Newegg can ship from Cali in under a week. I live in Toronto btw. Yes I understand they received massive orders and are taking their time and whatnot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2